Trent Edwards

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of JP, which pains me greatly, it was a thing of beauty. 60 yards in the air.....not sure Edwards could do that. Other than that, JP was mostly the same old JP. If we had world class sprinters for WR's, JP might (I say might) be starting.

Did I just write that?

I'm pretty sure LA was being sarcastic.

As for Trent, why is this thread titled what it is titled? Some people just crave attention, I guess. We won't likely know Trent's status until next week. I'm guessing he is ready to play. If not, that's why teams carry more than one QB on the roster. Nobody likes to lose their starting QB, but it happens and the team needs to be good enough to withstand that loss. In fact GREAT teams, step up and compensate for the loss of one of their better players. So do teams with great character.

you/we wont find out anything until well into next week. no matter how he is doing, the Bills are going to smartly play their cards close to their chest.

considering the severity (or non-severity rather) of the hit, and his lack of history of concussions, i would bet that he will definitely be playing in the SD game.

You clearly have never had a concussion. He could be out for 4 - 6 weeks, I hope not, but concussions are an unusual injury that sometimes require a long recovery period. Playing (and getting hit in the head) while not fully recovered could cause serious long term problems.

On the Reuben Brown show from last night, they spent a long time talking about it. Reuben is actually in favor of keeping Trent out in the SD game, hoping that it would give more reassurance that he will be good to go the rest of the season/rest of his life. In his terms "once that egg is cracked, it's easy to crack again", so he thinks Trents brains need to settle down. But then again he does not know the extent of his concussion. I feel like the braintrust will make a good decision, whichever way it goes. I would like to see him out there (especially since I will be at that game), but if he's not, I'll know it is for a good reason.

You clearly have never had a concussion. He could be out for 4 - 6 weeks, I hope not, but concussions are an unusual injury that sometimes require a long recovery period. Playing (and getting hit in the head) while not fully recovered could cause serious long term problems.

Yeah... gone are the days when guys like Ronnie Lott said "So, Doc, if you cut the tip of my finger off, I can play on Sunday? OK, cut it off!"

Today, we've got a world full of Tim Connolly's. :D

On the Reuben Brown show from last night, they spent a long time talking about it. Reuben is actually in favor of keeping Trent out in the SD game, hoping that it would give more reassurance that he will be good to go the rest of the season/rest of his life. In his terms "once that egg is cracked, it's easy to crack again", so he thinks Trents brains need to settle down. But then again he does not know the extent of his concussion. I feel like the braintrust will make a good decision, whichever way it goes. I would like to see him out there (especially since I will be at that game), but if he's not, I'll know it is for a good reason.

Expect Trent's agent to knock on the door soon. No way he wants his client starting at QB and making only about $400K and risking injury. He's far underpaid as a starter and if injured for the long term is leaving millions on the table.

I guess you are not familiar with Tim Connolly? :D

I do not think the two hits are comparable. Connolly had no idea he was going to be hit and his face/forehead slammed square into some guy's shoulder. He had no chance to brace himself and the initial impact of the hit was absorbed directly by his head.

The initial impact of Wilson's tackle is absorbed by Trent's chest. I don't think it was until the back of Trent's head hits the ground that the concussion probably occurred. Trent knew the hit was coming so you could say he had a chance to brace himself. People on the board have said Trent was joking and talking after the game, which I doubt Connolly was capable after his blow to the head.

I've had my head slam head first into a shoulder before while playing hockey. You don't feel right for the rest of the day, you go home and puke and then the next day you feel fine. I am hoping this is the type of "concussion" that Trent suffered.

I do not think the two hits are comparable. Connolly had no idea he was going to be hit and his face/forehead slammed square into some guy's shoulder. He had no chance to brace himself and the initial impact of the hit was absorbed directly by his head.

The initial impact of Wilson's tackle is absorbed by Trent's chest. I don't think it was until the back of Trent's head hits the ground that the concussion probably occurred. Trent knew the hit was coming so you could say he had a chance to brace himself. People on the board have said Trent was joking and talking after the game, which I doubt Connolly was capable after his blow to the head.

I've had my head slam head first into a shoulder before while playing hockey. You don't feel right for the rest of the day, you go home and puke and then the next day you feel fine. I am hoping this is the type of "concussion" that Trent suffered.

It's really hard to tell from what we saw. All I can offer is that I had a bad concussion once, I was out cold for about 15 minutes, woke up and felt refreshed like I'd just had a great nights sleep. Then two hours later when the swelling kicked in I had a horrendous headache that lasted a month and it just felt like my brain was moving around independently in my head when I was moving. It seriously felt like I could get re-concussed just by shaking my head. Prior to that I could never really "feel" my brain in my head. Twenty years later I am always aware of it. Doesn't hurt, but I can just feel it. It was beyond f'd up, and it really is like that cracked egg analogy. I had taken dozens of hard hits to the head in sports prior to that and was never more than a wee bit dazed really, and I had come to really lead with my head in most sports. Trent may be a pro athlete, but I really fear for guys who get concussions.

In todays NFL, everyone has that look. Until you have 5 minutes left in a playoff game that you're behind by 30 points, almost all the players have that who cares look. I saw someone, may have been Lynch, laughing on the sideline. It's not like it was 40 years ago.

Ive always been kinda neutral on the Losman/Trent thing. I was really hoping that JP was going to take advantage of the opportunity to shine for next seasons contract with whomever. And this game was really not his fault at all. One thing that bothered me though when he was on the bench. He had the look of a guy who just doesn't give a $h1t. Can't really explain it. He just didn't look intense at all.

If our team "lacks inspiration" when JP is playing we don't deserve to win anyways. They're professional athletes, they have million dollar paychecks to inspire them. As good as TE has been, he is not a make or break player for us and if we're playoff worthy we'll win anyways.