The scene in AZ

I'll be heading out to the pub crawl here in a minute but just wanted to let you know that the Bills fans are representing BIG TIME here in the desert.

We did a private tour of the stadium this afternoon, which was pretty cool although they didn't do the locker rooms or anything like that. Then the late afternoon drinking by the pool and getting ready to head out to the Native New Yorker for the evening pub crawl.

For Arizona it's pretty crappy weather - cloudy with sprinkles and upper 80's. But for us it's FOOTBALL WEATHER, BABY!

There are Bills fans everywhere, and we should swarm that place tomorrow!

A little taste: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24755...044479105ZREGGK

That is awesome, good for you. Have fun and be safe!

I have relatives in Mesa, Scottsdale, Phoenix and Tempe. I also have a couple High School buddies in Scottsdale. I was supposed to go out for an early birthday present (Nov. 3rd), but I couldn't afford to get time off from my new job (just started this week). I also couldn't afford the rediculous airfare prices I was finding. Needless to say, I am quite upset that I am not there. It was made up to me though with Chargers tickets and Patriots tickets.

Have fun!

GO BILLS!

* I remember going to the Native New Yorker when I was out there last year. My cousin lived right across the street from the place, and it was my FAVORITE restaurant out there. GREAT FOOD!

1. I heart Moose Drool.

2. Saturday afternoon by the pool, beer in hand, in October? Toto, we're not in Kansas Buffalo any more ...

3. As always, the local bar waitstaffs have been overwhelmed by a rampaging horde of Bills fans.

4. I also heart Fat Tire.

5. Guess that's why I left the lights on and fried the battery in the rental car. I'll blame it on that, anyway.

:thumbsup:

Still, though, a good time is being had by all. More later ...

7:50 a.m., and a chilly 66 degrees in beautiful downtown Glendale.

Of course, we have yet to see beautiful downtown Glendale, if there is one, but there's an impressive (if touristy and a bit upscale) entertainment district right by the stadium with plenty of distractions for kids of all ages. Unfortunately, I missed seeing Pinto Kenny try to ride one of those mechanical bulls on Friday night -- that would have been worth a laugh.

University of Phoenix Stadium is pretty cool in spots, surprisingly stark in others. (Take the "cool" literally. Their AC system is powerful enough to refrigerate every one of the 2,300 houses in my hometown.) The press box is just a little different than the 8'-by-12' plywood model where I spent part of last Saturday. Still don't care for the end-zone view, but that's the way most new stadiums are going, I guess.

A quiet Saturday afternoon by the pool was nice. Hah. Quiet? Who am I kidding? Take a resort pool/hot tub complex, add a few dozen Bills fans and copious amounts of alcohol, and you'll have a good picture of our afternoon. Not sure hotel management enjoyed watching people toss a football back and forth between the pool and the hot tub, but we thought it was a good idea at the time ...

7:50 a.m., and a chilly 66 degrees in beautiful downtown Glendale.

Of course, we have yet to see beautiful downtown Glendale, if there is one, but there's an impressive (if touristy and a bit upscale) entertainment district right by the stadium with plenty of distractions for kids of all ages. Unfortunately, I missed seeing Pinto Kenny try to ride one of those mechanical bulls on Friday night -- that would have been worth a laugh.

University of Phoenix Stadium is pretty cool in spots, surprisingly stark in others. (Take the "cool" literally. Their AC system is powerful enough to refrigerate every one of the 2,300 houses in my hometown.) The press box is just a little different than the 8'-by-12' plywood model where I spent part of last Saturday. Still don't care for the end-zone view, but that's the way most new stadiums are going, I guess.

A quiet Saturday afternoon by the pool was nice. Hah. Quiet? Who am I kidding? Take a resort pool/hot tub complex, add a few dozen Bills fans and copious amounts of alcohol, and you'll have a good picture of our afternoon. Not sure hotel management enjoyed watching people toss a football back and forth between the pool and the hot tub, but we thought it was a good idea at the time ...

:lol:

1. I heart Moose Drool.

2. Saturday afternoon by the pool, beer in hand, in October? Toto, we're not in Kansas Buffalo any more ...

3. As always, the local bar waitstaffs have been overwhelmed by a rampaging horde of Bills fans.

4. I also heart Fat Tire.

5. Guess that's why I left the lights on and fried the battery in the rental car. I'll blame it on that, anyway.

:lol:

Still, though, a good time is being had by all. More later ...

I enjoyed my first Moose Drool at the Big Sky Brewing Company. I promptly bought 2 of their glasses, which I use regularly. While it's easy to get in western US, I think you can get Moose Drool in Rochester at Beers of the World, 3450 Winton Place, Rochester NY, 14623.