So I was working in the Boston area this week...

Just Jack

Wore one of my Bills polo's on Friday, none of the locals said anything about it.

Only saw one person wearing anything that said Patriots* the entire week.

TV news covered stories like, the father that named his kid Brady and is now selling some of his season tickets just so he can afford them, and what Tom and Giselle are doing.

Wore one of my Bills polo's on Friday, none of the locals said anything about it.

TV news covered stories like, the father that named his kid Brady and is now selling some of his season tickets just so he can afford them, and what Tom and Giselle are doing.

God, that's a beautiful post. Add this to a Bills win this afternoon, and my day is made.

Great post! We knew all along that many of their fan base are "fair-weather" fans. I have noticed the same in upstate New York. I used to see people with Patsie shirts, hats, bumper stickers, etc, and have not seen much since week one. I can't wait to see how many show up for their game with us at The Ralph this year.

This just proves that no matter how much it may seem that chaos rules, if you wait long enough, sooner or later the natural order of the universe will be restored.

TV news covered stories like, the father that named his kid Brady and is now selling some of his season tickets just so he can afford them
That's illegal according to the putsie website. Makes the Bills front office seem almost friendly. Link

Season Ticket Holders Information

All season ticket sales are final and no refunds or exchanges will be made. Season ticket accounts can not be transferred or split. ...Tickets obtained from sources other than the New England Patriots or their authorized agents may well be tickets that have been reported lost or stolen, or have been illegally resold, and in such cases will not be honored.

Season Ticket Renewals In Future Years

Season ticket sales in future seasons are subject to any changes, limitations, and/or deadlines that the Patriots may adopt. The purchase of season tickets for 2006 does not entitle a season ticket holder to purchase season tickets in any subsequent year. Without in any way limiting its rights, the Patriots organization expressly reserves the right to (1) change season ticket policies and prices at any time and for any reason; (2) apply changes differently to different persons or entities, including without limitation persons who are engaged in reselling tickets (whether licensed to do so or not); and (3) charge an administrative fee in connection with any approved change in season ticket holder account information; and (4) refuse to sell future season tickets to any individual or entity, including, but not limited to, individuals or entities that:

• fail to comply with any applicable payment deadline or other condition or restriction, whether in effect at present or in the future;
  • resell tickets to third parties (whether licensed to do so or not);
  • engage in a dispute relating to the identity of the season ticket holder of record;
  • engage in improper conduct, including but not limited to, possessing any of the prohibited items or engaging in any of the prohibited conduct described below; or
  • permit use of their tickets(s) by an individual who engages in improper conduct, including but not limited to, possessing any of the prohibited items or engaging in any of the prohibited conduct described below.

BEHAVIOR POLICY/PROHIBITED CONDUCT

The Patriots strictly prohibit and will not tolerate the following behavior, which is cause for ejection and loss of season ticket privileges, and may be cause for arrest and prosecution:

• selling or otherwise distributing alcoholic beverages or any other drug or intoxicant:
  • entering upon the playing field;
  • loitering in the aisles;
  • engaging in rowdy, profane, abusive, inconsiderate, drunken, or other inappropriate behavior;
  • reselling tickets to third parties;
  • causing property damage.

That's illegal according to the putsie website. Makes the Bills front office seem almost friendly. Link

Season Ticket Holders Information

All season ticket sales are final and no refunds or exchanges will be made. Season ticket accounts can not be transferred or split. ...Tickets obtained from sources other than the New England Patriots or their authorized agents may well be tickets that have been reported lost or stolen, or have been illegally resold, and in such cases will not be honored.

Season Ticket Renewals In Future Years

Season ticket sales in future seasons are subject to any changes, limitations, and/or deadlines that the Patriots may adopt. The purchase of season tickets for 2006 does not entitle a season ticket holder to purchase season tickets in any subsequent year. Without in any way limiting its rights, the Patriots organization expressly reserves the right to (1) change season ticket policies and prices at any time and for any reason; (2) apply changes differently to different persons or entities, including without limitation persons who are engaged in reselling tickets (whether licensed to do so or not); and (3) charge an administrative fee in connection with any approved change in season ticket holder account information; and (4) refuse to sell future season tickets to any individual or entity, including, but not limited to, individuals or entities that:

• fail to comply with any applicable payment deadline or other condition or restriction, whether in effect at present or in the future;
  • resell tickets to third parties (whether licensed to do so or not);
  • engage in a dispute relating to the identity of the season ticket holder of record;
  • engage in improper conduct, including but not limited to, possessing any of the prohibited items or engaging in any of the prohibited conduct described below; or
  • permit use of their tickets(s) by an individual who engages in improper conduct, including but not limited to, possessing any of the prohibited items or engaging in any of the prohibited conduct described below.

BEHAVIOR POLICY/PROHIBITED CONDUCT

The Patriots strictly prohibit and will not tolerate the following behavior, which is cause for ejection and loss of season ticket privileges, and may be cause for arrest and prosecution:

• selling or otherwise distributing alcoholic beverages or any other drug or intoxicant:
  • entering upon the playing field;
  • loitering in the aisles;
  • engaging in rowdy, profane, abusive, inconsiderate, drunken, or other inappropriate behavior;
  • reselling tickets to third parties;
  • causing property damage.

That's interesting, because this week I received an e-mail from the NFL that links up Ticketmaster's

NFL ticket exchange & the Patriots had tickets sold by their fans on the list. It appears they can't scalp them, but they are selling them at face plus the ticketmaster vig. It now looks like almost every team is in on this, even the Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/tickets?campaign=email_Tickets0927

He's probably close to abandoning his kid, too.

Great post! We knew all along that many of their fan base are "fair-weather" fans. I have noticed the same in upstate New York. I used to see people with Patsie shirts, hats, bumper stickers, etc, and have not seen much since week one. I can't wait to see how many show up for their game with us at The Ralph this year.

Geez, I live in philly and have never resided in western ny. My bills wardrobe could go for three weeks even if I wore something different every day. The car is loaded as well.

Please tell me you don't wear your Bills Zubaz (sp?) pants around town....

No, I don't have zubaz pants anymore, given to the Veterans, too many cigarette burns. I still have the hat, but nothing to wear it with.

Saw a lady wearing a *pats sweatshirt last year; would not hold the door for her.

We're going to be in Boston on and off these next couple of months, PM me your number and I'll try to make time one night. This past week was Attleboro and Middleboro.

20 Mins from us Jack....seriously...ya gotta call