Matt Bryant's Infant Son Dies

The Avenger

It does sound like SIDS but we don't know yet. I know that was what scared me the most about our son when he was an infant. The first night we brought him home I slept on the floor next to his crib and I'd wake up several times throughout the night just to check on him. Those positioners are helpful but you don't know how active a child is and whether they'll get away from it.

Thoughts an prayers to the family.

It does sound like SIDS but we don't know yet. I know that was what scared me the most about our son when he was an infant. The first night we brought him home I slept on the floor next to his crib and I'd wake up several times throughout the night just to check on him. Those positioners are helpful but you don't know how active a child is and whether they'll get away from it.

Thoughts an prayers to the family.

Now they are saying the positioners are NOT good. Before they were but now they say kids can move around in them and get their head between them. Now, according to the last article I read, you should put your baby on his/her back without anything else in the crib.

Now they are saying the positioners are NOT good. Before they were but now they say kids can move around in them and get their head between them. Now, according to the last article I read, you should put your baby on his/her back without anything else in the crib.

This is another one of those issues where it seems like there's a different "correct" protocol every day. To me, the best thing you can do is always be vigilant keeping your children safe and just hope for the best. As is the case with the Bryants, clearly there are times when there is nothing you can do.

Personally, I/we never bought into that one. Everyone knows how often infants unexpectedly 'spit up', even in sleep. We always laid our babies on their belly's. That they're now grown adults, we were either right in our assumption or very lucky..

:ph34r:

The worst thing I've ever seen is when I was a pharmacy tech at Strong. I walked into a room without looking closely and saw a man and wife crying over a dead baby. I'll never forget that. It really depresses me just writing about it now.

Just reading that screws with me as I have two kids of my own. For the first year, I always *always* woke up and they were the first thing on my mind. If I didn't hear the right noise or if they didn't get up by a certain time, I had to go look.

I can't think of anything worse.

This type of thing does happen, you're just hearing about it this time because he's a personality. I hope this sheds a bit more light on the whole SIDS thing.

I feel terrible for the family. Thoughts and prayers...