Jim Rome to talk about Bills

bills_red

Umm, if you really want to.

Personally, I'm happy to have someone pulling for us. Last year I think he liked Marshawn and he seemed to like Trent but respect is nice.

If I want to what? Don't presume to know what I"m censoring.

Jim Rome is a loud mouth hack, no matter he says about the Bills. WTF does anyone care what he has to say?

I care, just about all my friends like him. He's funny, and the best in the biz.

Best in the Biz? I don't know.

He is a very strong interviewer, Ill give him that. But what I can't listen to is afterward when he kills time reliving the interview for twice as long as the actual interview itself, patting himself on the back and repeating the highlights six different ways to Sunday.

His rants are the same. He spends 15 minutes on a topic, stating his position over and over again ad nauseum, with only slight if any variation on the theme. Talk about beating a dead horse. Then he reads his listener email for another 10 minutes to flog that poor dead horse with their regurgitated bits. I guess some people think that's funny. I find it to be incredibly tedious.

Turn it off if you don't like it.

I think it is entertaining. And he has always said very postivie things about the Bills and Sabres and about Buffalo sports fans in general.

But Im sure most of the guys here could put together a better radio show, right?

I agree man...some of that stuff on his show causes me to bust out laughing...

those emails are priceless...

No doubt, some of his takes, and those of listeners are very funny, but about the time that I am hearing it or some slight variation of it stated for the 25th time, it just isn't funny to me anymore. Actually, it probably starts losing its humor for me at about the fourth or fifth time.

If I want to what? Don't presume to know what I"m censoring.

Jim Rome is a loud mouth hack, no matter he says about the Bills. WTF does anyone care what he has to say?

Honestly, who the hell are you to call Jim Rome a loud mouth hack...? You either like him or you don't, you don't have to go off on him when he props the Bills just because you can't stand him. Get over it.

I like Jim Rome. Think about this. There are more than a few dozen things he could talk about today, and he chose the Bills. We should be happy that our fellas are 3-0 or he'd be talkin' about something else.

Colin Cowherd mentions the Bills and Sabres frequently...but I can't stand him...Rome? I don't know him.... :rolleyes:

Somebody mentioned Rome - you either like him or you dont'.........well, I'm both - I loved the shows for many years, but now I find it unlistenable. It's changed so much. I don't hear any callers anymore - no Terrance in Sierra Madre, Vic in NO Cal, etc. - guys that made me laugh.......and, the emailers used to be brilliant...........now all he reads are emails that have the words of a sound bite Boom Outta Here, Psst, Please, etc. etc...........He can't go 2 minutes of talking without saying something that makes Alvin play the sound bite - Uh, oh from Carl Lewis, etc........it has no flow at all anymore........the callers are non existence - the interviews are with athletes mostly, so you know the canned answers before they even say it, then you get 15 minutes of self praise about how great the interview was.

Turn it off if you don't like it.

I think it is entertaining. And he has always said very postivie things about the Bills and Sabres and about Buffalo sports fans in general.

But Im sure most of the guys here could put together a better radio show, right?

Rome is the worst. And I do turn it off. Yet another one of today's almost uncountable crowd of loudmouths who mistake screaming for wit, anger for intelligence and in Rome's case, good grooming for being cool.

The worst.