Parrish out 4-6 weeks

BradRiter

Good teams overcome injuries and fill the holes where necessary. I guarantee the team is all business about this injury and are not sweating it. These guys are professionals and now it's time for the rest of the professionals on the team to step up and fill Roscoe's (temporary) void.

We'll get through this and Roscoe will be back in week 10 to help us beat the Pats and get ready for the Playoffs. Positive thoughts here people!

Good teams overcome injuries and fill the holes where necessary. I guarantee the team is all business about this injury and are not sweating it. These guys are professionals and now it's time for the rest of the professionals on the team to step up and fill Roscoe's (temporary) void.

We'll get through this and Roscoe will be back in week 10 to help us beat the Pats and get ready for the Playoffs. Positive thoughts here people!

Paul - any relations in N. Buffalo? If so, I'm a good friend of a George Saleh, who had a brother named Pauly.

We shouldn't be that worried about the return game when the bills have a stud of a special teams coach in Bobby April, and an elusive returner in McKelvin.

As for the receiving, I'm worried about that. Evans and Parish are the only receivers, that can break a short pass into a long gain. They both have a knack for picking up the YAC.

I'm not sure if other people wrote something similar. i just wanted to get this off my chest.

Get well Roscoe!!!

Guest dog14787
Ahem.

f :rolleyes: ing sh-t faced c <_< sucker who <_<:wallbash::unsure: with his own mother and the f :doh: ing :censored: who f:censored:d the :censored:.

Good luck to Hardy and McKelvin.

:censored::wallbash:

Hardy and McKelvin will have to fill some big shoes for such a small fella.

well... while we never want to hear about an injury to any of our players, let alone the biggest game-changer we have, this is not the end of the world. i guess.

could of fooled me judging by the state of this thread

i think people forget that we had half the team on IR last year.....it will be OK all, settle down! it's only one guy

there, i said my piece - continue over-reacting as per usual

Re: Mckelvin returning punts

Do you guys remember from the Oakland game, I believe it was in the 3rd quarter, the Raiders punted and one of our guys caught the ball at the 1yd line and tried to take it out. We then got called for holding, so we started from the 1 and then Trent threw that interception?

Wasn't that Mckelvin returning punts? Maybe they already knew Parrish was injured at that point.

Re: Mckelvin returning punts

Do you guys remember from the Oakland game, I believe it was in the 3rd quarter, the Raiders punted and one of our guys caught the ball at the 1yd line and tried to take it out. We then got called for holding, so we started from the 1 and then Trent threw that interception?

Wasn't that Mckelvin returning punts? Maybe they already knew Parrish was injured at that point.

that was parrish

If it had to happen, this is likely the best time of the season. It will get some of our younger guys some reps, it will cover the bye week, and he will hopefully be back in time for the first Pats* game.

Agreed. Personally, I think it will be Jenkins who fills RP's slot on O. He looked very good in preseason and I doubt the Scams have even considered him. Another secret weapon!

As for my bitchin' about no word of the injury 'til now, I agree with you that it's likely better that SL did spend time preparing for RP, but in the past, game injuries were discussed at post game interviews.

I get nervous every Tuesday now..

This may be herasy ... but IMHO Hardy does not look ready for primetime just yet. With the exception of his TD reception (which was very VERY good), he's shown very little in his limited playing time.

It seems to me with a reciever corps full of munchkins like ours, the coahing staff would have found more "situations" to work our pass catching giant into the mix. Granted I don't take a roll call prior to every snap, but I don't recall Hardy being on the field much, which tells me the coaching staff feels he's not ready yet either.

Hopefully it's a case that Rosco has been doing so well that the coaches were afraid to pull him out rather than Hardy isn't ready so they were afraid to put him in.

I for one will keep my fingers crossed for the next 3 - 4 weeks.

What WR is going to be on the active roster in Parrish's place? Steve Johnson?

they might use the spot to get omon on the active roster - they've been going with just 2 RB's since week 2........but then again, if barnes can't go sunday then omon can take his roster spot (although i doubt he'd see the field much) and stevie johnson would probably dress