The Spooky Correlation between

DrDawkinstein

The Rise of the NFC East...

we played all of our Super Bowls against NFC East teams. During the years we were dominating the AFC, the NFC East was beating up on the rest of the league.

now... some 15 years later, the Bills are back on the rise and which division is the toughest in the league? That's right, the NFC East.

I swear to god if we go to the Super Bowl and have to play the Giants or the Cowboys again :lol:B-)

we played all of our Super Bowls against NFC East teams. During the years we were dominating the AFC, the NFC East was beating up on the rest of the league.

now... some 15 years later, the Bills are back on the rise and which division is the toughest in the league? That's right, the NFC East.

I swear to god if we go to the Super Bowl and have to play the Giants or the Cowboys again :lol:B-)

.... it would be sweet, sweet revenge!!!!!!!! There would be no happier moment in my sports life to see a Bills SB victory over the F'n Cowgirls. If we did make it the the big game, I'd want to face a former SB opponent, it would make it even sweeter.

I thought about this last week when I joked with a friend of mine that it would be Bills Cowboys in the SB. The only good thing about the conference being that strong is that they will all have to play each other twice, which means that a couple of the better teams in the league will probably miss the playoffs.

Don't worry. It's all part of the plan. If Dallas and Buffalo get to the Super Bowl the media will crown the Cowboys champs before the game is played. Heck, Jerry Jones may even throw an early victory parade. They will party and party and party some more the week leading up to the game. Then they step onto the field with the Bills lead by an angry Donte Whitner who does not take kindly to disrespect.

What better way to exorcise the ghosts of the past than facing the Cowboys or Giants?

PTR

The NFC East was tough last year as well. 3 out of 4 teams making the playoffs and of course the Giants winning it all. That's a very tough division...

Nothing would be sweeter than an Bills victory over Dallas in the Super Bowl. But, I would be OK with a Super Bowl win over anyone, I guess.

How beating Dallas in a superbowl held in their new stadium? Instead of loathing the fact that Jerry Jones' face is shown on TV non-stop, I wouldn't be able to get enough of his reaction.

I remember during the SB years, the sports experts always said the Bills got to the big game because the AFC East was so weak and we got easy home field advantage, we didn't get beat in our own house, and therefore we weren't that good.

We sure got beat handily a few times by NFC East teams, but I have to think all that pre-game partying had an affect.

After 4 Superbowl losses, if we're not ready to win a superbowl, then I don't want to see us there. Can anyone handle the defeat of a 5th superbowl loss? I would rather get to the superbowl knowing we can definitely win the game. And yes, it would be great to win the superbowl over the Cowboys, Giants or Redskins, especially the Cowboys!!

I remember during the SB years, the sports experts always said the Bills got to the big game because the AFC East was so weak and we got easy home field advantage, we didn't get beat in our own house, and therefore we weren't that good.

We sure got beat handily a few times by NFC East teams, but I have to think all that pre-game partying had an affect.

Stupid argument by anyone trying to use it. The Bills clobbered everyone in the AFC from 1988-1993. Sure they got beat occasionally, but more often than not, they won. As far as the NFC, outside of the Superbowls, the Bills OWNED the NFC in regular season play. I'm not taking the time to look it up, but the record was incredible. There were even a couple of games they gave away, playing all reserves, since they had already clinched home field. Washington and/or Detroit come to mind as meaningless season finale games they may have lost.

Guest dog14787

I swear to god if we go to the Super Bowl and have to play the Giants or the Cowboys again <_< <_<

Revenge is sweet :rolleyes: