Has Schobel been MIA this year?

fbzh2

Something has changed. So far this year I haven’t heard Schobel's name mentioned much at all. Not to be critical, but the only thing that the TV crew has shown of him this year, was last week at Jacksonville. He was sitting on the bench in front of the AC unit.

All summer reports were that with the additions at the D-line he was finally going to be free to get off blockers and be free to make big plays.

What gives? Is he hurt? Seems we heard his name more the last few years?? :flirt:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he break up and almost intercept a pass in the second qtr and absolutely crush the running back on a behind the line stop on a running play yesterday. I certainly have noticed him.

I don't count on the announcers to point out who is playing well or not.

Hell if we listened to the announcers, we would have kicked a field goal late in the game to make sure we had enough time to try and score a touchdown later if we got the ball back.

Didn't he break up and almost intercept a pass in the second qtr and absolutely crush the running back on a behind the line stop on a running play yesterday. I certainly have noticed him.

Hell if we listened to the announcers, we would have kicked a field goal late in the game to make sure we had enough time to try and score a touchdown later if we got the ball back.

I believe that was Kelsay

I agree about not listening to the announcers, but I only get to see the Bills games on Direct-TV, as I no longer live in WNY. Some announcers are really bad!

How we fans have been very spoiled watching Bruce Smith perform all those years :rolleyes:

I am not a big fan of Schobel....I think he is very average and very overpaid. He can easily be blanked out in a game by an average LT in the NFL and he does not need be double teamed to be neutralized. Most of his sacks come during garbage time or when the QB has held onto the ball for 5 seconds or more. He is nothing spectacular IMHO. Maybe I was spoiled by watching Bruce Smith :)

ESPN Pre Game ran a small "Mic'd Up" segment on Schobel yesterday. Anybody catch that? I couldn't believe what he was saying on the field. Stuff like "Aw, man, I've lost a step" "tired out here" etc. At one point you could hear the other Bills lineman, telling him to "Shut UP!". Guy shouldn't be talking like that during a game. Brings everyone down IMO.

ESPN Pre Game ran a small "Mic'd Up" segment on Schobel yesterday. Anybody catch that? I couldn't believe what he was saying on the field. Stuff like "Aw, man, I've lost a step" "tired out here" etc. At one point you could hear the other Bills lineman, telling him to "Shut UP!". Guy shouldn't be talking like that during a game. Brings everyone down IMO.

I respect him more now..

With all due respect Schobel has gone up against some one elite OTs........

Fixed. Khalif Barnes (JAX) and Mario Henderson (OAK, injury replacement for Kwame Harris) don't fit my definition of elite.

I believe that was Kelsay

It was. Kelsay had a pretty good game yesterday.

I'd love to see that if anyone finds a link.

The Bills have gotten only 1 sack in the last two games as a team. I wouldnt' worry about it.

Maybe no need to worry about it when you are playing against JaMarcus Russell. See how you fare with no pass rush against more experienced QB's.

The Bills really need to find a way to generate a pass rush with 4 lineman. Blitzing may help from time to time, but when you have to rely on it all the time, teams will find a way to make you pay.

here's part of it

I saw another vid last week on NFLN that showed more of AS wired, but their site is broken at the moment (video search).

Holy Crap!!! :w00t: I thought Mitchell was gonna punch his girly face in....

Schoebl's standing there saying.. I don't have it any more. Mitchells telling him to shut up and he responds. I'm just sayin', I'm trying to deal with it myself, the whole time Mitchell's telling him to shut up.

WOW! There's a guy you want to go to war with :w00t:

My opinion of Schoebel was changed by that one video clip. If thats the approach he takes to the game. I don't want him out there. Cripes!!!

Holy Crap!!! :w00t: I thought Mitchell was gonna punch his girly face in....

Schoebl's standing there saying.. I don't have it any more. Mitchells telling him to shut up and he responds. I'm just sayin', I'm trying to deal with it myself, the whole time Mitchell's telling him to shut up.

WOW! There's a guy you want to go to war with :w00t:

My opinion of Schoebel was changed by that one video clip. If thats the approach he takes to the game. I don't want him out there. Cripes!!!

I agree. Where is his enthusiasm for the game? :w00t: