Bruce was always very modest....

JoeFerguson

I'm glad I missed the halftime hijinks. Great player, jackass of a man.

"Jackass" might be the wrong word, IMO. Most who have met him, say he is pretty gracious and a real gentleman. Arrogant? Oh, yes, but not an idiot or a jackass, I don't think.

The sad part is, Bruce has to say those things in order to get respect. Whenever I see the top 10 DE's ever, Bruce is no where near first on the list. There's always Deacon Jones, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, and so on. Bruce is usually down near 4, 5, or 6. IMO, Bruce should be in the top 2.

I don't know how many people noticed, but right after he finished Darryl Talley went up to him patting himself on the back - pretty funny

:ph34r:

Darryl has always been one of my favorite Bills!! :flirt:

The sad part is, Bruce has to say those things in order to get respect. Whenever I see the top 10 DE's ever, Bruce is no where near first on the list. There's always Deacon Jones, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, and so on. Bruce is usually down near 4, 5, or 6. IMO, Bruce should be in the top 2.

#1. Is either Deacon Jones or Bruce Smith. 'Nuff said.

Linkoln

Smith is unquestionably the Bills’ greatest defensive player. And in his opinion, no one at his position in NFL history has ever done it better.

“I’m not boasting or bragging, these are facts,” he said. “The best defensive end and pass rusher that played in this game played for the Buffalo Bills.”

On the broadcast they brought Bruce up to the booth and asked him who would introduce him at his HOF induction and he said it was between Levy and Cotrell.

Is there anyone, sane, who doesn't love Marv!!

Smith’s case is backed up by Levy.

“The difference between an end in a 3-4 and a 4-3 makes it all the more remarkable that he was able to register that great number of sacks and still be a force against the run, too,” Levy said.

LT was a DE? Who knew?

GO BILLS!!!

LOL, I was just about to post on this...same old Bruce. I think your paraphrase was pretty close...gotta love him though, he backed up the talk...and, give him credit, at the same time yesterday he was generous with his thanks to his family, fellow players, coaches, and the 12th Man.

all to make himself look good