Oakland ground game

Steve O

The raiders put up some big numbers against KC today, almost 300 yards on the ground.

ATT YDS TD LG

D. McFadden 21 164 1 50

M. Bush 16 90 1 32

J. Fargas 9 43 0 11

Our D line didn't dominate a banged up Jackonsville line like I would have liked...this has me concerned about next week.

Our D line didn't dominate a banged up Jackonsville line like I would have liked...this has me concerned about next week.

Umm.... Did you look at how we completely shutdown their running game for the most part?

Fred Taylor: 14 rushes, 49 yards, 13 long

Maurice Jones-Drew: 7 rushes, 17 yards, 9 long (or 6 rushes for 8 yards if you take out the 9 yarder!)

Gerrard had several nice scrambles, but we dominated the OL pretty well - not as much pressure in the passing game as I had hoped or expected, but our run defense was great.

Umm.... Did you look at how we completely shutdown their running game for the most part?

Fred Taylor: 14 rushes, 49 yards, 13 long

Maurice Jones-Drew: 7 rushes, 17 yards, 9 long (or 6 rushes for 8 yards if you take out the 9 yarder!)

Gerrard had several nice scrambles, but we dominated the OL pretty well - not as much pressure in the passing game as I had hoped or expected, but our run defense was great.

agreed, Gerrard was the wild card here who the run game work a bit better. tough dude to bring down.

In the 3rdQ?

PTR

Gerrard was their main gainer today. MJD and Taylor had a few nice runs, but we controlled them pretty well...even though tackling sucked.

21 rushes for 66 yards by the RBs aint too bad.

But, gotta play Oakland as a one dimensional team, don't you?

I watched the Chiefs/Raiders tilt, and both teams are pretty bad. That said, the McFadden kid can turn the corner so the Bills better be mindful of contain. Also, Fargus is a strong determined runner with a good burst, but he left the game with what looked like a non-contact groin injury, so I'm not sure of his status on Sunday.

The Sum Total of MJD's rushes:

M. Jones-Drew rushed up the middle for no gain

M. Jones-Drew rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain

M. Jones-Drew rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

M. Jones-Drew rushed up the middle for 2 yard touchdown.

M. Jones-Drew rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

M. Jones-Drew rushed to the left for 1 yard loss

M. Jones-Drew rushed up the middle for no gain