Ed Hochuli just hosed the Chargers. Bad.

Simon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hochuli is going to need bodyguards to leave the stadium. I'm not a SD fan and they are in the AFC but I still feel for them. If that happened to Buffalo I'd be beyond pissed!!

I missed the first call what happened?

First call was a review that never happened because the "replay equipment was not working", which gave the Broncos the ball on a controvercial "fumble" after catch, which, if they could actually rerview the goddam play would have given the ball back to the Bolts.

First call was a review that never happened because the "replay equipment was not working", which gave the Broncos the ball on a controvercial "fumble" after catch, which, if they could actually rerview the goddam play would have given the ball back to the Bolts.

Can you imagine if that happened against the Bills!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

That was terrible. If the NFL had any respect for themselves - they'd give that win to the chargers...

Exactly what I was just saying to a Bronco friend of mine. That call was absolutely the worst call I've seen in years.

It really begs the question... just how much does a professional NFL referee cost? Because, I'm sorry, the only way I can explain that is the ref was on the take.

I just noticed on a replay that the ball actually went backwards.

So even if it had been a pass (i.e. the empty hand) it was still a backwards pass/lateral and therefore a live ball regardless of how long it was in his hand or wasn't.

Wtf was Hochuli thinking?! What a brutal choke job by a guy who is supposed to be trained for all contingencies; he couldn't even handle a simple lateral. Hey Ed, maybe spend less time admiring your own guns and more time working on your craft. :wallbash:

I thought Officials were instructed to let questionable plays continue, so this would not happen

They are on plays like that. Which makes it even more inexplicable.

One of the worst professional choke jobs I've ever seen.

That's how I feel right now too. I'm pissed beyond words and that game has nothing to do with me whatsoever. !@#$ that, the Broncos don't deserve that win.

I'm not too upset about the Donkoes and choking dog Cutler getting that W instead of the Bolts.

So even if it had been a pass (i.e. the empty hand) it was still a backwards pass/lateral and therefore a live ball regardless of how long it was in his hand or wasn't.

Wtf was Hochuli thinking?! What a brutal choke job by a guy who is supposed to be trained for all contingencies; he couldn't even handle a simple lateral. Hey Ed, maybe spend less time admiring your own guns and more time working on your craft. :wallbash:

The ball actually hit Cutler's hand/arm on his follow through, so that may have complicated Hochuli's decision about the lateral.

No excuse for blowing the original call, though

I'm no fan of the Chargers, but that was about the worst thing i've ever seen in this league. The fact that the schmoes on NBC didn't really even complain about how bad that was is a testament about how they're all in bed with each other. The announcers need their deals w/ the NFL, and of course the NFL needs the announcers to not completely rail on the officiating...

Guest dog14787

If you can overturn the decision of an incomplete pass and call it fumble, then the outcome of the fumble should be enforced also, but because the play is blown dead you can't.

doggonit, its in the dead zone :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
Just a fantastic game too. Shame to have it marred by such a major blunder by the officials.

Blow the play dead and its dead, the official just blew it. :wallbash:

I'm no fan of the Chargers, but that was about the worst thing i've ever seen in this league. The fact that the schmoes on NBC didn't really even complain about how bad that was is a testament about how they're all in bed with each other. The announcers need their deals w/ the NFL, and of course the NFL needs the announcers to not completely rail on the officiating...

Denver scores with 24 seconds left in the game and the one NBC announcers sez Denver wins what the ? !$%*!^*^*(&

Denver scores with 24 seconds left in the game and the one NBC announcers sez Denver wins what the ? !$%*!^*^*(&

Because the announcer knew, just as we all did, that there was no way the refs were going to let Denver lose that game. I'm not sure how much Hochuli costs, but Bowen apparently paid it.

The game was on CBS, not NBC. But whatever.

There was a clock malfunction that caused Enberg to not know how much time was left, and he was looking at his monitor in the booth, which was a clean feed free from CBS' graphics.