Congrats to James Hardy

marauderswr80

I can't belive how he got the second foot inbounds after leaping that high in the corner of the end zone. Looked like a ballet dancer out there. Twinkle toes Hardy?? :wallbash:

Truthfully, I don't think he did get it inbounds, and I'm surprised it didn't get overturned. Sure looked like his right toes were in the white when he landed. We finally got a call to go our way!

It was a perfect play, though!

Very exciting, tense game. Loved it!

You know something - i was impressed w/that catch as well..

And here's another thing i was thinking about at the bar (and i'm still drunk, so don't flame me if i f*ck this up) - but we make such a big deal about people getting both feet in, i.e if you tip-toe down the line and your tip-toes get in, you're good to go... Well, on that play with hardy it looked like his first foot was in-bounds (the whole thing) and then his 2nd-foot HEEL went down first and then as the rest of his foot hit the ground, his toe was out of bounds... So it kind of begs the question about the rule, isn't your heel as good as your toe when talking about what is in-bounds and what is out of bounds?

Thoughts?

You know something - i was impressed w/that catch as well..

And here's another thing i was thinking about at the bar (and i'm still drunk, so don't flame me if i f*ck this up) - but we make such a big deal about people getting both feet in, i.e if you tip-toe down the line and your tip-toes get in, you're good to go... Well, on that play with hardy it looked like his first foot was in-bounds (the whole thing) and then his 2nd-foot HEEL went down first and then as the rest of his foot hit the ground, his toe was out of bounds... So it kind of begs the question about the rule, isn't your heel as good as your toe when talking about what is in-bounds and what is out of bounds?

Thoughts?

I thought the same thing. His heel landed first and that is the same thing I believe

Truthfully, I don't think he did get it inbounds, and I'm surprised it didn't get overturned. Sure looked like his right toes were in the white when he landed. We finally got a call to go our way!

Unless they had a viewpoint we didn't, I'm thinking the refs thought it was inconclusive and went with the call on the field. Fortunately, it was called a TD.

Unless they had a viewpoint we didn't, I'm thinking the refs thought it was inconclusive and went with the call on the field. Fortunately, it was called a TD.

This.

Hardy's tape on his shoe was white. There was no way to say conclusively if he was on the line. If this is called an incompletion, it doesn't get overturned either.

BTW, you can see the ref staring right at Hardy's feet and he calls it a TD.

RTB

This.

Hardy's tape on his shoe was white. There was no way to say conclusively if he was on the line. If this is called an incompletion, it doesn't get overturned either.

BTW, you can see the ref staring right at Hardy's feet and he calls it a TD.

RTB

Exactly. The ref was right there to make the call. There was absolutely nothing in the few replays they showed to think his toes or any other part of his foot was out. I'd say good call and good use of replay.

It's a start to a good career for him. He had two catches today and maybe a third but Trent Missed. It will only boost his confidence and the coaches about him.

:wallbash:

Look for him to play more against the Faders.

I bit my nails off!

I was so pumped when he caught that TD i have been waiting for it all the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wallbash:

Exactly. The ref was right there to make the call. There was absolutely nothing in the few replays they showed to think his toes or any other part of his foot was out. I'd say good call and good use of replay.

I agree.