Gas? Seriously?

mcjeff215

So, I just waited in line 10 minutes to get gas. The two guys in front of me almost got into a fight over who was there first. Every station I passed was backed up... and I paid 30 cents more than I did last time I filled up.

Seriously... what the hell? Are we going to do this every damn time a hurricane shows up? Had the same gas lines when Katrina hit the gulf.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just waited in line 10 minutes to get gas. The two guys in front of me almost got into a fight over who was there first. Every station I passed was backed up... and I paid 30 cents more than I did last time I filled up.

Seriously... what the hell? Are we going to do this every damn time a hurricane shows up? Had the same gas lines when Katrina hit the gulf.

I know, this is F'n Bullsh.. I passed a gas station (here in Charlotte) this morning and gas was 3.69. In the afternoon it was 4.29. Long lines everywhere. I paid $4.09 close to my house and just had to wait for 1 person in front of me. The thing that gets me is that the gas has already been paid for, so the stations are just gauging. Crude oil has not been lower since April. When a barrel of oil goes UP, gas prices go UP. But when oil goes DOWN, the price of gas doesn't respond at the same rate!!! THIS IS F"N BULLSH... The american public is literally being "bent over the barrel" and something has to be done about it. Speculators raise the price of oil based on disruptions of supply so the price increases YET DISRUPTIONS IN THE SUPPLY NEVER OCCUR. More Bull :nana:.

The other problem which SHOULD BE NONEXISTANT is refining capacity. We haven't built a refinery in this country in 30 years. We know we need them, but all of the tree huggers insist "not in my backyard". On a daily basis,we do not refine enough crude oil into gasoline to meet that 1 days supply in this country. We actually import 15 million barrels of gasoline a day to meet our demand. I think that is outrageous for a supposed 1st world superpower. Let's build some refineries, drill for oil here, build more nuclear power plants, find a way to reduce our dependency on oil, AND STOP ALLOWING BIG OIL TO :nana: us in the :lol: !!!

Prices at the two stations down the hill from me have stayed the same these past several days ($3.73)

I'm guessing that the source of your gas must be Canada. When Katrina and now Ike came through we were told that our prices have increased because our gas supply comes from the Gulf of Mexico.

Over here in D-ville, I watched gas go from $3.49 last nite to $3.66 this morning to $3.99 after lunch. Man they weren't kidding when they said that people freak out down here when a storm is anywhere remotely close to us

I'm guessing that the source of your gas must be Canada. When Katrina and now Ike came through we were told that our prices have increased because our gas supply comes from the Gulf of Mexico.

In this part of VA there is a pipeline that the gas comes up in from the gulf. They pull it off and then it's only a local transport. So you're off on this because our gas prices have held steady. During katrina when they shut the lines down because of no product, we actually had much higher gas prices because they had to come up with alternate way to ship gas in. In fact several stations went days without having gas.

I know, this is F'n Bullsh.. I passed a gas station (here in Charlotte) this morning and gas was 3.69. In the afternoon it was 4.29. Long lines everywhere. I paid $4.09 close to my house and just had to wait for 1 person in front of me. The thing that gets me is that the gas has already been paid for, so the stations are just gauging. Crude oil has not been lower since April. When a barrel of oil goes UP, gas prices go UP. But when oil goes DOWN, the price of gas doesn't respond at the same rate!!! THIS IS F"N BULLSH... The american public is literally being "bent over the barrel" and something has to be done about it. Speculators raise the price of oil based on disruptions of supply so the price increases YET DISRUPTIONS IN THE SUPPLY NEVER OCCUR. More Bull :nana:.

The other problem which SHOULD BE NONEXISTANT is refining capacity. We haven't built a refinery in this country in 30 years. We know we need them, but all of the tree huggers insist "not in my backyard". On a daily basis,we do not refine enough crude oil into gasoline to meet that 1 days supply in this country. We actually import 15 million barrels of gasoline a day to meet our demand. I think that is outrageous for a supposed 1st world superpower. Let's build some refineries, drill for oil here, build more nuclear power plants, find a way to reduce our dependency on oil, AND STOP ALLOWING BIG OIL TO :nana: us in the :lol: !!!

The one barrier oil companies/speculators have on raising prices is that if they raise them too much, people will stop using their product. This has to come from finding alternate means of travel (car pooling, bikes, etc...) or new technologies (hybrids or alternate sources of power). The fact that people are going so nuts about fuel prices is a good thing, it will force them to use less of it and in turn make costs go down.

In the mean time, blaming the oil companies for making a profit is kind of absurd.