Gas? Seriously?

mcjeff215

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't seem to be any lines here, either, or in Florida. I was wondering how you extrapolated Georgia to "the south"

I ballparked it... Sorry... When I meant "south"... I was generalizing... I think the problem areas are in TN, VA, GA...

??

No need to get your panties all ruffled. :nana:

And for a time it seemed the SF Bay area was getting hammered with overly high prices... Good to see it come down for people there like Wacka so they can "enjoy" the prices that others in the country have been dealing with.

Shhheeesh!

:D

Pretty much like I heard - the region is single-sourced, so to speak, by the Houston refineries. I also read somewhere recently, that the EPA is suspending the rules for the so-called "boutique" blends. Those are the special formulations for this or that area.

Pretty much like I heard - the region is single-sourced, so to speak, by the Houston refineries. I also read somewhere recently, that the EPA is suspending the rules for the so-called "boutique" blends. Those are the special formulations for this or that area.

Yes, this is all true. Really, I haven't seen monstrous lines, but some stations here (about 20 mi. west of ATL) are out and taped off like crime scenes.

Yes, this is all true. Really, I haven't seen monstrous lines, but some stations here (about 20 mi. west of ATL) are out and taped off like crime scenes.

I've seen two stations with gas today, the rest are all taped off or simply have had the prices removed from the signs. On the way home from dinner we got stuck in the overflow from one of the stations with gas. The line was backed up perhaps an 1/8 of a mile down the road or so. Of course, that's gas traffic as well as people getting stuck in the gas traffic and it was at rush hour.

The lines are just forming when traffic is the worst. People wanting to stop on the way home from work. Of course, as someone else mentioned, they're all idling away with the AC on. I haven't seen a line after 8:00PM or between 11:00 and 3:00 during the day (though my wife says she's seen some small ones).

The damn news isn't helping either. I saw a news van out in front of a crowded QuickTrip the other day... people see that and they go into hoarding mode.

I've seen two stations with gas today, the rest are all taped off or simply have had the prices removed from the signs. On the way home from dinner we got stuck in the overflow from one of the stations with gas. The line was backed up perhaps an 1/8 of a mile down the road or so. Of course, that's gas traffic as well as people getting stuck in the gas traffic and it was at rush hour.

The lines are just forming when traffic is the worst. People wanting to stop on the way home from work. Of course, as someone else mentioned, they're all idling away with the AC on. I haven't seen a line after 8:00PM or between 11:00 and 3:00 during the day (though my wife says she's seen some small ones).

The damn news isn't helping either. I saw a news van out in front of a crowded QuickTrip the other day... people see that and they go into hoarding mode.

Yeah, this is a case where I think media coverage is hurting the situation, and artificially creating the situation. Good for me that I only drive for 13 miles/ day, and tank up every other week :rolleyes:

In the SF Bay area, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) ridership is at an all time high and since the economic slowdown, traffic has gotten lighter. This is helping to drive the prices lower.

I went past the MacAfee Colesium in Oakland two hours before the MNF game vs Denver (the highway is immediately next to the lots). and it was no different than any rush hour I have gone through that stretch. There's one stretch nearer to my home that is the second worst in the area. Three lanes of traffic packed at <30 mph, for about 10-12 miles. In the morning it is packed from Tracy, CA to Livermore, CA. Thank god I always go the opposite way. There is basically no other way for 15 miles to the north and about 40 miles to the south except for twisty two lane roads.

$3.51 in my area .

$4.59 at the one place that had gas today. I pulled in JUST as they were opening up... by the time I left? There were probably 30 cars lined up down the road waiting to turn into the parking lot. I snapped a cell picture if anyone cares to see. Every one of these stations has started putting someone outside to direct traffic to the pumps.