Best offensive lineman you've ever seen?

Tcali

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Ogden is the best offensive lineman to play. He was the first big mobile lineman who could keep the edge pass rusher out of the backfield. he made 11 straight Pro Bowls while blocking some of the best d lineman of all time. I don't think that Bruce Smith ever had a sack against him. Also during the Ravens SB run, he was the highest paid guy on the team making 8X Trent Dilfer.

He also has Buffalo roots as his dad Sherrill "Tiny" Ogden played on the Hutch Tech Yale Cup champs during the mid 60s.

You're probably going to laugh, but I'd have to go with Tony Boselli.

{This has nothing to do with him calling the game on sunday.}

Sadly for Boselli, his career was too short, but the Bruce Smith - Richmond Webb battles, were just that, battles. Each had there wins. But Boselli absolutely owned Bruce Smith in Jim Kelly's last game for the Bills (1996 season playoffs).

But the best I've seen? That would be Joe "D".

You're probably going to laugh, but I'd have to go with Tony Boselli.

{This has nothing to do with him calling the game on sunday.}

I'm not sure if Boselli is the best I've ever seen. I will say this though, nobody.....no really, NOBODY was ever able to control Bruce Smith like Boselli.

Boselli owned Bruce. That says something right there.

Sadly for Boselli, his career was too short, but the Bruce Smith - Richmond Webb battles, were just that, battles. Each had there wins. But Boselli absolutely owned Bruce Smith in Jim Kelly's last game for the Bills (1996 season playoffs).

But the best I've seen? That would be Joe "D".

bruce was well over the hill by then though

I thought Reggie Mckenzie was a real ace. When ever OJ had a good gain you would see reggie getting up from the downfield pile.

Oj owed him for a big proportion of his sucess.

OJ had little sucess when he played in San Friacisco.

Thank you! It's about time someone showed Reggie some love!!!!He was the man that turned on the juice!! He single handedly sprug OJ many times. I think he was the greatest run blocker ever!!!!

No he wasn't. In 96' Bruce was 33 and still playing at a very high level with 90 tackles and 14 sacks. I'm as big a Bruce fan as anyone, but I'll be first to admit Boselli just owned him, no excuses.

Yes he was. he was still a top DE...but not the God-like player he was from age 23-31.he was starting to take the occasional play off by then.