So much for the new "code of conduct"...

LabattBlue

If someone politely asked me to sit, especially so a kid or elderly person could see, I personally would do it. I don't stand the entire game. If someone flips you off if you ask them to sit or they're just too drunk to comprehend your request, you have these options, like I said above:

1. suck it up,

2. stand yourself,

3. stay home,

4. tell an usher - that's their job and that's why they are there. Utilize them.

Now, if I'm standing and some jobber comes up to me with some uppity sense of entitlement (I have a sneaking suspicion some of you may be guilty of this) just because he ALSO paid 70 bucks for a ticket, I may not be so quick to comply, especially if he/she seems to be of average age, have two perfectly good legs, and is above 5'5".

amen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to have the ability to be tolerant. And always keep in mind that in the end, they are big fans of the team and just wanna have fun. Certain people go too far, and the Sheriff boots em. But to be upset because someone wants to stand and cheer all game long is shameful. Some people are just too excited about football and their team to sit down. Sitting down is for relaxing. :flirt:

The game day experience is for everyone to enjoy. But we all enjoy things differently. We're all different. While you may think it's annoying for me to stand a lot, I think it's annoying that you DON'T stand. You have to go to the game keeping in mind that different types of people will be there. If you can't tolerate people's differences, you shouldn't go.

So, the people sitting behind the standers aren't big fans of the team and didn't come because they just wanna have fun? If they can't see because the big fans are standing up that makes them lesser fans? If they weren't big fans then they wouldn't have shelled out the bucks and taken the time to go to the stadium. So try to be thoughtful of others while at the game. <_<

Notice my post above yours. I say the game day experience is for everyone to enjoy. But we all do it differently. I'm not so ignorant to say what you're implying. Again, read my post, the one before the one of yours I'm quoting. Thanks. I await your apology. Though I doubt it'll come...

So I need to apologize for pointing out that you have implied the things I showed you did? Saying you're offended by those who don't stand is idiotic. As pointed out before there are kids and older people who don't want to stand or can't see if someone is standing ahead of them. Implying that the people who stand are just "Big Fans" and if you don't like people blocking your view stay home. Explain to me how I' m wrong about this. :thumbdown:

And all of you complainers, even the wise, old ones, believe that every fan that attends any given Bills game reads/cares about the conduct policy? Not even close; and that's exactly the reason why we have the guys and gals in the bright ugly windbreakers stationed all throughout RWS. You can spit in any direction from your seat and hit two or three of them.

Unless you are absolutely completely sheltered and naive, you know that football games, and the world in general, are filled with alcoholics and just plain mean and inconsiderate folk. I am not and have never defended their behaviour. I'm just of the opinion that those of you complaining the loudest are just as bad, maybe worse. I suppose you don't even know it. Their are tools available to you at the stadium - ushers, law enforcement - if you witness someone breaking the conduct policy. On the other hand, if you are just so appalled at some of the behaviour you witness at a Bills game that you get pissing mad and your pretty little eyes start to burn, get over yourself. Remember that people from all walks of life come and support this team, and they all have different ideas of what "fun" is.

So now that you've been shown the conduct policy you change your stance. Are you going to put on your head or was that a bluff?

Oh, I know what you're thinking: "But Mr. U, fat people can't help that they're fat, its glandular. Stander-uppers can help it, all they have to do is park their butts in their seats for most of the game."

Ah, but I disagree. I don't think that fat is gland-fat. I think its infrequently-mentioned cousin: lazy-fat. I think those obese folk, who impede my enjoyment ever so, can also help it. Don't eat red meat or donuts. Get in the pool or on a treadmill. When you reach my pre-decided target weight, the gates of RWS will swing open for you. Until then, stay away! You're impeding my enjoyment!

I agree with you as far as the seating goes. If they are so large then they should buy the seats on either side of them too. It's just another inconsiderate thing to do.

This thread has been very entertaining. My entire section stood the entire game and I was glad for it, I didnt have rain gear and really didnt want to sit down in a puddle.

Bicker on fellas!

:flirt:

If you've read the entire thread then you'd realize that we aren't talking about an entire section where nobody has a problem with the things going on around them. What most people here are trying to say, IMO, is that if the people around you find it annoying then don't do it.

Sorry but if you looked around the whole stadium, most everyone was standing for the entire first half and then some. Our section was standing and cheering loudly until the middle-end of the 3rd quarter.

Once again if an entire section has no problem with it then ok. It's not cool if people around you or behind you have a problem with it.

Obviously I'm not a frequent poster to the wall. But I feel the need to put in my two cents in on this topic. Before you condem me, I'm not a prick, love to tailgate, drink beers and watch our team. That's why

we go. Our section stood the whole time. It was great and no one had a problem doing so. We can handle almost anything from the beer dumping, puking, and whatever one needs to float your boat.

However, I do have a problem with watching "PlayBoy" TV in the row in front of us. I'm not sure how this group got past security. The sad thing is not one of them were watching the game. The saddest part was

I had my kids with me. It's not about who paid what and if you stand or choose not to. It's called respect. Come on BILLS FANS-Aren't we all there for the same reason?

And yes-They were gone at halftime.

theres a reason you pay for a SEAT, with a specific number and location and not just a "standing area"

i cant even believe there are still people dumb? rude? selfish? enough to think that standing up is ok even if people behind you arent and have a problem with it.

i jump to my feet with every big play, most people do. in the 25 years my dad and i have been going to the games (every home game and playoff game) we have made PLENTY of noise... from our seats. if something big happens, or if its something like a 3rd and 1 and everyone stands, whatever. but if it is just a run-of-the-mill 2nd and 7 in the middle of the 2nd quarter, sit your ass down. people pay for SEATS. if you want to stand, go stand in the tunnel/aisle.

its called common courtesy and proper football conduct. NOT the "code of conduct" that places these oh so unfair rules for all you "true fans" <_< its just common sense. if you honestly cant see that, then your parents didnt raise you right. yeah, i went there :thumbdown:

So now that you've been shown the conduct policy you change your stance. Are you going to put on your head or was that a bluff?

Ok let me screw my thinking-head on real tight and give it a try: I didn't change my stance - I am aware of, and I also adhere to - the official conduct policy. My reply was pointing out to you that there exists a sizable minority of fans that simply do not care about the official conduct standards, or yours or mine or anyone's for that matter. They are simply A-holes. But, according to some, apparently so am I.

You and your like-minded are perfectly within your rights to voice your outrage and disgust at the stander-uppers, the drunks, the bullies, the horny drugged-up twenty-something girls, the people with shouting voices who cheer too loud and hurt your pretty little ears, all of them. I am also within my right to call you all oversensitive, naive, high-minded and ridiculous. Your attitude offends me just as much as the former's behaviour does.

Perhaps Buffalo pro football really isn't your bag. Might I suggest the opera, or a ballet? Perhaps a bawdy vaudeville show would be more agreeable to you? I don't know really, we all have differing tastes. Oh wait, that was my point from the start.

i cant even believe there are still people dumb? rude? selfish? enough to think that standing up is ok even if people behind you arent and have a problem with it.

Yeah, and that's your problem right there. That you can't believe there are dumb, rude, selfish people at a football game, for goodness' sake. That's naive. That's annoying. They are around at football games; they're in and around RWS and all other types of public events. That you don't get it, or don't choose to utilize those people placed at the game to deal with these folk is baffling to me.

Perhaps a mandatory three-week etiquette class for all prospective ticket buyers?

Yeah, and that's your problem right there. That you can't believe there are dumb, rude, selfish people at a football game, for goodness' sake. That's naive. That's annoying. They are around at football games; they're in and around RWS and all other types of public events. That you don't get it, or don't choose to utilize those people placed at the game to deal with these folk is baffling to me.

Perhaps a mandatory three-week etiquette class for all prospective ticket buyers?

you sure are jumping to a lot of idiotic conclusions in your quest to be right about nothing and defend people you dont agree with.

im not naive, i know to (unfortunately) expect them. and over the course of my game-going history have had PLENTY of !@#$s thrown out of the stadium. most of the time, thanks to the ushers, i nor the rest of our section even had to "whine" (as you put it) to them. they see a problem and toss them as soon as they can. no one in my section is there to stop people from having a good time. and we dont expect anyone to try to ruin ours.

what exactly is your problem here? that they added rules that they arent going to proactively enforce, but can fall back on to remove the real !@#$s? i think we all know how much people can get away with at the games, and i have NEVER seen anyone get thrown out who didnt deserve it and who everyone was happy to see go.

you sure are jumping to a lot of idiotic conclusions in your quest to be right about nothing and defend people you dont agree with.

im not naive, i know to (unfortunately) expect them. and over the course of my game-going history have had PLENTY of !@#$s thrown out of the stadium. most of the time, thanks to the ushers, i nor the rest of our section even had to "whine" (as you put it) to them. they see a problem and toss them as soon as they can. no one in my section is there to stop people from having a good time. and we dont expect anyone to try to ruin ours.

what exactly is your problem here? that they added rules that they arent going to proactively enforce, but can fall back on to remove the real !@#$s? i think we all know how much people can get away with at the games, and i have NEVER seen anyone get thrown out who didnt deserve it and who everyone was happy to see go.

Really, you have personally had "PLENTY" of people thrown out over the years? You must be a ball to sit with at games. I defend many people I don't necessarily agree with, in fact I do it for a living. I also am not on any quest to be "right" about anything -- my main point is your and your ilk's attitude about so-called unruly fans is, in my opinion, just as offensive to me as their behaviour is to you. Just an opinion. I am not jumping to any conclusions, you all have your own reasons for finding this, that, or the other thing done by your fellow fans unacceptable. You can all find me in my seats, listed below in my sig as they have been for a while, and observe my behaviour if you like, and report your conclusions afterwards. I am curious to know if I comply to your own behavioural standards.

youre right. im great fun to watch games with. Im into the game, im a great yeller (standing OR seated). i throw a wicked high-five. im pretty well versed in team history.

everyone in my section is like family. no, strike that, IS family. we go to each others weddings and funerals and talk during the offseason. and if some douchebag is ruining the game for people under the guise of "being a real fan" and he wont comply with requests to clean it up, then i nor anyone else in the section, feels any remorse in having their ass tossed. and we are a raucous section, so you do really need to be an ashhole to get thrown out. but still, there is a line that can be crossed from being a fanatic to being a complete and total ahole.

It shouldn't have to get to the to the point of involving the ushers? Isn't that why they are there in the first place? Why exactly shouldn't it? Because 70,000 other people should implicitly know that you are annoyed with their conduct, obnoxious though it may be? Well, what should be the standard mode of celebration and enthusiasm at a football game then? Could you publish here for me or send me a hard copy to pin to my forehead so others I encounter may read?

Really, so I am a "dick" and a "tool" for simply giving a set of options for you all who just can't stand the inconvenience? Well, let me suggest a label for you complaining, "mature" name-callers: Whiners

Ok let me screw my thinking-head on real tight and give it a try: I didn't change my stance - I am aware of, and I also adhere to - the official conduct policy. My reply was pointing out to you that there exists a sizable minority of fans that simply do not care about the official conduct standards, or yours or mine or anyone's for that matter. They are simply A-holes. But, according to some, apparently so am I.

You and your like-minded are perfectly within your rights to voice your outrage and disgust at the stander-uppers, the drunks, the bullies, the horny drugged-up twenty-something girls, the people with shouting voices who cheer too loud and hurt your pretty little ears, all of them. I am also within my right to call you all oversensitive, naive, high-minded and ridiculous. Your attitude offends me just as much as the former's behaviour does.

Perhaps Buffalo pro football really isn't your bag. Might I suggest the opera, or a ballet? Perhaps a bawdy vaudeville show would be more agreeable to you? I don't know really, we all have differing tastes. Oh wait, that was my point from the start.

nobody has in eight years

<_<:thumbdown:

Regardless of anyone's take on this debate, I think this line is hilarious.

Definitely!

Really, you have personally had "PLENTY" of people thrown out over the years? You must be a ball to sit with at games. I defend many people I don't necessarily agree with, in fact I do it for a living. I also am not on any quest to be "right" about anything -- my main point is your and your ilk's attitude about so-called unruly fans is, in my opinion, just as offensive to me as their behaviour is to you. Just an opinion. I am not jumping to any conclusions, you all have your own reasons for finding this, that, or the other thing done by your fellow fans unacceptable. You can all find me in my seats, listed below in my sig as they have been for a while, and observe my behaviour if you like, and report your conclusions afterwards. I am curious to know if I comply to your own behavioural standards.

You seem to believe that they will throw people out just because he wants them to. Think about it. They are exhibiting behavior that goes against the conduct policy and the ushers remove them. Hasn't your stance, several times, been that if you have a problem call an usher? But he's not fun to hang with because he does?!

I've been following this conversation and wanted to jump in. I just don't see how standing makes anyone a better fan than me. It doesn't make you louder. The players can't tell the difference. It's really just a pain in the a** to not be able to sit down for a few minutes and watch without missing the action.

I work late Saturdays and then drive 2 1/2 hours to the game. (Just some background info, not a complaint). I love to do it. I'm a fan, born and raised in Buffalo, and I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be on Sunday. I don't get those who say the crowd was lame. I thought the noise level was good. That's where false starts come from.

Still, in the fourth quarter yesterday, I was dragging (might have been the beer) and it would have been nice to sit for a series or two. I'm in 117, not the end zones, where I'd expect things to get a little rowdier. (I've sat there often and it can be fun).

The folks behind me previously had seasons in the family section. The guys next to me had them in the 200s. Both asked if folks stand in this section all the time. I said that I didn't know, since it was my first time sitting there, too. I've been going to 3-4 games a year since moving to CNY, but decided to take the plunge this season. Telling an usher is a fine suggestion, but I've got 30-plus rows of standees in front of me.

Truth be told, I don't mind standing for some of the game. I get swept up in the excitement like anybody else. But I'm 6-4. NOBODY for probably two rows behind me has a chance of seeing anything. And what about kids? My 12-year-old is 5-7 (apparently meeting the 5-5 requirement for standers), but my 9-year-old is not. They will occasionally be with me and I've paid for a SEAT for them.

And a final note, there were handfuls of Seahawks fans who drove in from wherever, but nothing like the hordes that come to see other teams. The knucklehead factor for the Raiders game, for example, will likely be much higher.

I sat upper deck, Bills side row 31. Had some young drunk jerk standing in front of my 5' wife for the first 3 quarters. Funny thing, most of the time no one was standing in front of him. Asked him to sit down and got the same crap you get from every other drunks who can't hold there booze.

I don't mind if the whole section is standing, but if you are the only one, get a grip and sit your a$$ down and be fair to the other fans behind you. It's not about how old or young you are, it's about being fair and respectful to other people.

BTW, if you have a problem with someone, call the number posted in the stadium and you WILL get some help, had to use it last year when a group of guys a couple of rows in front of us started a fight.

PS Great win for the Bills and a big FU to the weather forecasters. I checked the weather on Saturday night and the forecast was for partly sunny skies. I wake up Sunday morning and leave for the game and it could not have been a more perfect weather day with the skies as blue as can be...until game time! It is safe to say I didn't have any rain gear with me <_<

Labatt, looked up the weather on weather.com and used the hour-by-hour option and they forecasted rain throughout the game. Just for future use.

Labatt, looked up the weather on weather.com and used the hour-by-hour option and they forecasted rain throughout the game. Just for future use.

depends on when you looked at it. When I looked, just before leaving for the game, no rain was forecast until 4pm...and yes, I used weather.com

I did leave around 2:30am though

And a final note, there were handfuls of Seahawks fans who drove in from wherever, but nothing like the hordes that come to see other teams. The knucklehead factor for the Raiders game, for example, will likely be much higher.

I think they were all from the north country. You are correct just wait until the Raiders get here.

As for the standing no standing issue, everyone stood for the Dallas game without a complaint, it was that type of game, but some games just don't rise to that level. A good fan knows when to stand all day and when not to. Its just the way it is, some folks just can't figure it out.

Now if you were seated in the first 5-6 rows in the endzones where the cameras were located, then you had no choice but too stand, anyone else notice this. Was it a fox tv thing or is this a league wide policy to cover plays along the sidelines for replay?? If those were my seats I would be raising hell about that camera placement .

A couple of points: some of my group were the only ones my section that brought rain gear. For everybody else, by the time they got to the game, it was sit down = instant swamp-ass. And, it was the first game of the year, and it was exciting, and we were on D a whole lot in the 1st half, and it was exciting play after exciting play for the first 3 quarters of the game.

Therefore, I don't think this game was a good one to judge "sitting vs. standing" on. I think it's clear that there was a lot to get excited about, and somebody standing up and enjoying themselves doesn't make them "inconsiderate" any more than somebody who sits is a "bad fan". Both of those views are hopelessly based on individual perception/wants and have no place in a reasonable discussion that is attempting to discuss a general code of conduct for all fans.

There is no way in hell you are going to ever get an agreement on this: so the only way is a compromise. People "should" sit down on O, and people "should" stand up on D, with reasonable exceptions on both = no reason to stand on D when we are up by 21, no reason to sit on O when we are on the verge of making a big play. This would make everybody at least somewhat happy. I think this past game, so many people were standing for the first half, it got to be a habit.

But, this "no standing" thinking, "rules", BS, whatever, is never going to be enforced, and therefore shouldn't be expected by anyone, ever. If you think you should be allowed to sit the whole game and see it at the same time, you need to get a better grip on reality, or get a grip on the fact that in a stadium of 75k, you aren't the only person there. Perhaps your life choices have allowed you that status at all times everywhere else in life, but it's gone for 3 hours at the Bills game. Sorry dude, deal with it, and enjoy the game. There are much bigger problems in life to concern yourself with than an excited fellow Bills fan.

A couple of points: some of my group were the only ones my section that brought rain gear. For everybody else, by the time they got to the game, it was sit down = instant swamp-ass. And, it was the first game of the year, and it was exciting, and we were on D a whole lot in the 1st half, and it was exciting play after exciting play for the first 3 quarters of the game.

Therefore, I don't think this game was a good one to judge "sitting vs. standing" on. I think it's clear that there was a lot to get excited about, and somebody standing up and enjoying themselves doesn't make them "inconsiderate" any more than somebody who sits is a "bad fan". Both of those views are hopelessly based on individual perception/wants and have no place in a reasonable discussion that is attempting to discuss a general code of conduct for all fans.

There is no way in hell you are going to ever get an agreement on this: so the only way is a compromise. People "should" sit down on O, and people "should" stand up on D, with reasonable exceptions on both = no reason to stand on D when we are up by 21, no reason to sit on O when we are on the verge of making a big play. This would make everybody at least somewhat happy. I think this past game, so many people were standing for the first half, it got to be a habit.

But, this "no standing" thinking, "rules", BS, whatever, is never going to be enforced, and therefore shouldn't be expected by anyone, ever. If you think you should be allowed to sit the whole game and see it at the same time, you need to get a better grip on reality, or get a grip on the fact that in a stadium of 75k, you aren't the only person there. Perhaps your life choices have allowed you that status at all times everywhere else in life, but it's gone for 3 hours at the Bills game. Sorry dude, deal with it, and enjoy the game. There are much bigger problems in life to concern yourself with than an excited fellow Bills fan.

Best post of the lot. :lol:

Disclaimer...I like to have a good time and a few beers when going to the game, but despite the new code of conduct, nothing has changed.

I saw a group of guys(4 in one row and 3 in the row directly in front of them) in the upper deck around the 30 yard line stand for the entire first half and a lot of the 2nd half. It wasn't like they were cheering wildly, just standing for the sake of standing. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were just doing it, hoping that someone would challenge them on it. They didn't block my view as I was one section over, but I would have been pissed if I was right behind them. So much for the part about the "excessive standing" part of the new code of conduct.

http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/FanCodeofConduct.jsp

Also, more so than guys, I saw numerous "20 something girls" absolutely bombed, both outside the stadium before the game and inside the stadium during the game.

PS Great win for the Bills and a big FU to the weather forecasters. I checked the weather on Saturday night and the forecast was for partly sunny skies. I wake up Sunday morning and leave for the game and it could not have been a more perfect weather day with the skies as blue as can be...until game time! It is safe to say I didn't have any rain gear with me :lol:

I stood the whole game so did the rock pile

I don't agree with or like most of your post, but anyone who can seamlessly work the term "swamp-ass" into a Bills discussion is OK by me. :lol:

So I need to apologize for pointing out that you have implied the things I showed you did? Saying you're offended by those who don't stand is idiotic. As pointed out before there are kids and older people who don't want to stand or can't see if someone is standing ahead of them. Implying that the people who stand are just "Big Fans" and if you don't like people blocking your view stay home. Explain to me how I' m wrong about this. :lol:

I agree with you as far as the seating goes. If they are so large then they should buy the seats on either side of them too. It's just another inconsiderate thing to do.

If you've read the entire thread then you'd realize that we aren't talking about an entire section where nobody has a problem with the things going on around them. What most people here are trying to say, IMO, is that if the people around you find it annoying then don't do it.

Once again if an entire section has no problem with it then ok. It's not cool if people around you or behind you have a problem with it.

We are both clearly fans of the same team, which is why I find it all the more disappointing that you're willing to so readily jump down my throat on this. Rather than actually read what I'm saying you have cleary chosen to make assumptions and ignorantly draw conclusions. I can't stress enough how I said that we are all fans, but we go about enjoying our games differently. These differences are what make things, and people, interesting. And rather than apologize for hastily attacking me without any real cause to do so, you attempt to quantify your blatantly ignorant behaviour by twisting my words again? Bravo and thank you, sir. Your rationalization is weak. How can you mis-read this so badly?

So I need to apologize for pointing out that you have implied the things I showed you did? Saying you're offended by those who don't stand is idiotic. As pointed out before there are kids and older people who don't want to stand or can't see if someone is standing ahead of them. Implying that the people who stand are just "Big Fans" and if you don't like people blocking your view stay home. Explain to me how I' m wrong about this. :lol:

1. Learn to think about others and not exclusively about yourself. You'll be less of an A-hole. Everybody who pays deserves to enjoy the game and should be able to enjoy the game. If everyone is thoughtful then they all can.

2. Where in his post did he say anything about silence and people glued to their seats all game. Perhaps you should work on reading comprehension and/or not exaggerating others words to make their points sound ludicrous. If you don't exaggerate their arguements then they have a reasonable points and you look like a fool railing against it. Guess what you look like now? "Think about it Brad, study it."

2. Stand yourself? So the guys behind you have to stand and then the guys behind them and then the kids and the old people. Just because the kids or old people aren't directly behind you it does have a ripple effect. Once again learn to think about others?

Get a grip. You will mature if you're a normal human being and at that point you'll realize what dicks people like you are. Once again think of others rather than yourself.

I would have minded, and if you had touched my kid you would have woken up in the emergency room of the hospital.

You honestly didn't think people cared about this stuff?! Well now you know and can adjust your behavior accordingly. :lol:

So I guess you think about others before you spew your vile or put them in the emergency room (not an exageration to prove your point I'm sure).

To paraphase Jeff Foxworthy: If you make comments like this you may be are an intolerant self righteous whiner that believes the world revolves around them. It's even sadder that you actually believe you are being tolerant.

If you are self delusional enough to rationalize (to yourself) that this is not hypocritical please amuse us with your thought process.

[EDIT: Sorry lets_go_bills didn't see your post before duplicating your point.]

But, this "no standing" thinking, "rules", BS, whatever, is never going to be enforced, and therefore shouldn't be expected by anyone, ever.
I agree with the sentiment but not with the conclusion. In the 90's things were so unrestricted that you could bring in a thermos of your favorite beverage, and easily sneak in a 6 pack if you wished. I even was allowed to bring in a the materials for makeshift shelf that hung on the rail. Not the ideal components for a game crowd but IMO the crowds were not much worse (granted much of this was the lack of the MEism mentality that exists today). Your section enforced it's code of conduct and the only security that was really needed was the guys holding the dogs the keep people from rushing the field.

Since then PC & Greed under the guise of 9/11 and 'family atmosphere' has eliminated not only the alcohol in the thermos but even soda and water (unless Ralph makes it) and of course that terrorist tool the thermos itself. When no one yelled loud enough they banned food, backpacks (even if they are the same size and clarity of a plastic bag, that is allowed) and even camera cases for a period. Signs are screened at the gate (some for the heinous crime of criticizing Bills management), shirts are banned, hell you can't even bounce a beach ball around. You can be banned for "foul" language or "bad" behavior even if you are not present but give your ticket to the wrong person (no due process in the NFL Nation). Spontaneous" fan response is staged (watch the MNF crews make the sections they highlight during the post commercial shots practice their cheering and then pre-tape it to prevent something happening that they don't endorse; sad but amusing).

The NFL is perfectly capable of reaching their goal of making the 'stadium experience' equivalent to a golf match. Hell, they've brainwashed people into judging the caliber of a fan by how much money the idiot spends on an overpriced jersey (and remember you're not a true fan unless it's an OFFICIAL NFL jersey, any card carrying snob will point out and mock an identical knock-off with the intensity of a Body Snatcher pointing out an inferior human).

Start throwing out a few of those nasty standers and everyone else will fall into line. As someone near me said yesterday in 20 years the stands will contain nothing but (presumably well behaved and money laden) women and children.

• 2 weeks later...

God sitting or standing is a judgement call. If one person stands generally speaking others follow. It's the people who come in groups, get drunk, and stand to piss everyone off are the ones the rule is for. I don't understand why people don't understand that.

Maybe the Bills can move their home games to the Opera House so everyone has to sit until the end. I can see all you pansies mumbling to your wives - "I swear I'm gonna say something...I'll do it....this is enough....ok Im sayin something". And then you come home and type up a useless rant on TBD. If you really have a problem with people standing in front of you the whole game, talk to the usher - it's as simple as that.

Maybe the Bills can move their home games to the Opera House so everyone has to sit until the end. I can see all you pansies mumbling to your wives - "I swear I'm gonna say something...I'll do it....this is enough....ok Im sayin something". And then you come home and type up a useless rant on TBD. If you really have a problem with people standing in front of you the whole game, talk to the usher - it's as simple as that.

There is a huge difference between standing at key moments in the game, in OT, after any big play, etc....and standing w/o concern for the people behind you the entire game. Just like at a concert (where people don't seem to get it, either). You purchased a SEAT, and so did the people behind you. There are no set rules, and i would hope nobody expects everyone to behave the exact same way. Try to be a little fuc#ing courteous.

I haven't heard any complaints about people doing a little bit of standing. I think we all have a general idea of what jerkish behavior is. If you don't, then you just might be a jerk.