So much for the new "code of conduct"...

LabattBlue

I went to the game yesterday with my fiancee, and we saw two girls who were completely destroyed by a pack of guys on a beer run. The crowds were tight at the start of the 3rd and these guys apparently wanted to get their beer fast. They knocked one of them into a cement wall and then to the floor and the other flew into a corner. We stopped to pick these now beer soaked and hurt girls up and the idiots just kept on going.

Not a proudest moment to be a Bills Fan.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Does standing up make it harder for the other team to score? :angry::sick: I'll never forget a couple of years ago when during a similar thread, someone kept insisting that you can yell louder when standing up versus sitting down. <_<:lol:

As a singer I can tell you that yes you can project your voice louder and longer from a standing position. More capacity for the diaphram. It's not a tennis match either it's a football game. I don't want to get into any stupid pissing match about it though because it will go nowhere like most of these such discussions. I respect your opinion.

If someone politely asked me to sit, especially so a kid or elderly person could see, I personally would do it. I don't stand the entire game. If someone flips you off if you ask them to sit or they're just too drunk to comprehend your request, you have these options, like I said above:

1. suck it up,

2. stand yourself,

3. stay home,

4. tell an usher - that's their job and that's why they are there. Utilize them.

Now, if I'm standing and some jobber comes up to me with some uppity sense of entitlement (I have a sneaking suspicion some of you may be guilty of this) just because he ALSO paid 70 bucks for a ticket, I may not be so quick to comply, especially if he/she seems to be of average age, have two perfectly good legs, and is above 5'5".

I am guessing you are 23-25....trust me..you realize how much of a tool you sound like in about 10 years

I am guessing you are 23-25....trust me..you realize how much of a tool you sound like in about 10 years

Really, a tool huh? For explaining my position and giving my opinion of what you should do if the obnoxious drunks are bothering you at games? Well, my obviously wiser, older fellow poster, thank you giving me something to look forward to. Apparently, when I reach your ripe old age, I'll be so much more mature and careful with my words, but still be able to name-call and insult "tool"

wow I was sitting in the 200 level where I quite frequently found my self standing/jumping on seats. On a few occasions I was 2 Rows back head butting people in my section. The guy behind medidnt seem to mind at all, even when I picked up his 3 year old boy during one of my moments of raging joy. The older gentleman who posted this topic has no idea, he is clueless, there are seats for people just like him they are more expensive but worth it if the things your dislikes are people standing and drunk hookers. I honestly didnt think anybody cared about this kind of stuff, mt girlfriend was so drunk I had to drag her by the hair into the stadium, she loved it so much we will be right back there in two weeks for the next one.

Really, a tool huh? For explaining my position and giving my opinion of what you should do if the obnoxious drunks are bothering you at games? Well, my obviously wiser, older fellow poster, thank you giving me something to look forward to. Apparently, when I reach your ripe old age, I'll be so much more mature and careful with my words, but still be able to name-call and insult "tool"

FWIW I am 34 and had your same mentality when I was younger...

FWIW I am 34 and had your same mentality when I was younger...

I'm not quite sure what mentality you speak of. I personally don't stand all game at the stadium or get blackout drunk anywhere, ever. I am though very enthusiastic at home games, my voice is always gone the next day, as it is today. I do get annoyed at all the hemming and hawwing about the bad conduct, I personally have witnessed very little of it over the years at RWS. I also don't think age is synonymous with wisdom, or maturity.

Now, if I'm standing and some jobber comes up to me with some uppity sense of entitlement (I have a sneaking suspicion some of you may be guilty of this) just because he ALSO paid 70 bucks for a ticket, I may not be so quick to comply, especially if he/she seems to be of average age, have two perfectly good legs, and is above 5'5".

you do realize that you standing and blocking someones view of the game gives you that same uppity sense of entitlement since you paid money to get into the game

So apparently the mentality of "I paid for my $70 ticket so that means I can act like a d!ck and the people around me can fugg off, CUZ I'M WATCHING THE BILLS! WOOOOO!" is alive and well.

Guess so....this is the winner, so far:

I honestly didnt think anybody cared about this kind of stuff, mt girlfriend was so drunk I had to drag her by the hair into the stadium, she loved it so much we will be right back there in two weeks for the next one.

i'm not sure this should be discouraged ...

:lol:<_<

I would like to make this my annual "Please don't be a douche when you go to the Ralph" post.

I am a season ticket holder. I go to all the home games. I go to the Ralph to watch football live. I do not go to get drunk. I do not go to start fights with other people. I GO TO WATCH FOOTBALL. I realize that there are times during the game when you have to stand up. I also would like those of you that only go to one or two games a year to realize that it is considered impolite to stand for the ENTIRE game. Especially when you are politely asked by the person behind you to sit down. Also, if no one is standing in front of you, you should be sitting.

Yesterday some skanky women in front of us wouldn't sit down. When we all politely asked them to sit, their response was, "Next time you should pay for better seats if you can't see the field."

Not everyone who goes to the game is capable of standing in order to see over the person ahead of them. There are many young kids and elderly people who are physically burdened by the constant sit-down/stand-up routine. Just remember, those people ALSO paid $70 for their ticket, so please don't ruin their fun by blocking their view.

Response: If your seats are so good why are you standing?

Oh man call the waaaah-bulance. Move to Atlanta or Carolina with the rest of the wine and cheese crowd if you want dead silence and a$$es glued to the seats the entire game so YOU can have the experience you expect. Barring that, either stay home and watch the game on TV or be big boys and girls and direct your complaints to the ushers.

1. Learn to think about others and not exclusively about yourself. You'll be less of an A-hole. Everybody who pays deserves to enjoy the game and should be able to enjoy the game. If everyone is thoughtful then they all can.

2. Where in his post did he say anything about silence and people glued to their seats all game. Perhaps you should work on reading comprehension and/or not exaggerating others words to make their points sound ludicrous. If you don't exaggerate their arguements then they have a reasonable points and you look like a fool railing against it. Guess what you look like now? "Think about it Brad, study it."

Ridiculous--- i pay the same as anyone else, if i choose to sit, i should not have to deal with a drunken idiot who is ruining my game. learn to control your drinking and stop being a selfish prick while at the game

Exactly.

I get the feeling that posters like this have never gone to a home playoff game.

And this is relevant, how?

If someone politely asked me to sit, especially so a kid or elderly person could see, I personally would do it. I don't stand the entire game. If someone flips you off if you ask them to sit or they're just too drunk to comprehend your request, you have these options, like I said above:

1. suck it up,

2. stand yourself,

3. stay home,

4. tell an usher - that's their job and that's why they are there. Utilize them.

1. The point being driven home here is that it shouldn't have to be a problem.

2. Stand yourself? So the guys behind you have to stand and then the guys behind them and then the kids and the old people. Just because the kids or old people aren't directly behind you it does have a ripple effect. Once again learn to think about others?

3. What a really stupid comment. What you're saying is that if people don't like the A-holes they should stay home?! How about people behaving thoughtfully! Doya think that should be more important? Doya think that the drunken A-holes should be the people staying home?

4. It shouldn't have to get to that point.

You SHOULD be standing when the defense is on the field, especially on 3rd down. Just sayin' , not discouraging your other points though. In the run during the nineties , most people stood for a large portion of the game and not too many seemed to have an issue with it. It's weird to me how that has changed.

BTW I don't drink at Bills games and never have.

People don't have to stand when the D is on the field. You can still yell while sitting in the seat. :angry:

People were sitting according to size back then?

Get a grip. You will mature if you're a normal human being and at that point you'll realize what dicks people like you are. Once again think of others rather than yourself.

wow I was sitting in the 200 level where I quite frequently found my self standing/jumping on seats. On a few occasions I was 2 Rows back head butting people in my section. The guy behind medidnt seem to mind at all, even when I picked up his 3 year old boy during one of my moments of raging joy. The older gentleman who posted this topic has no idea, he is clueless, there are seats for people just like him they are more expensive but worth it if the things your dislikes are people standing and drunk hookers. I honestly didnt think anybody cared about this kind of stuff, mt girlfriend was so drunk I had to drag her by the hair into the stadium, she loved it so much we will be right back there in two weeks for the next one.

I would have minded, and if you had touched my kid you would have woken up in the emergency room of the hospital.

Wow I'm glad you drank so much and your girlfriend was super intoxicated I guess you don't have much else to be proud of. Why should people have to spend more money to enjoy the game just because you want to get drunk and obnoxious? You were lucky to land in area where people were willing to tolerate you. Next time you may not be so lucky.

You honestly didn't think people cared about this stuff?! Well now you know and can adjust your behavior accordingly. :sick:

You really should stand when the defense is on the field, especially on 3rd down, I wait til everyone ahead of me does so, though. Your voice projects more when you're up and if you're not yelling to help the defense, you should be sitting at home or something like a luxury box

It shouldn't have to get to the to the point of involving the ushers? Isn't that why they are there in the first place? Why exactly shouldn't it? Because 70,000 other people should implicitly know that you are annoyed with their conduct, obnoxious though it may be? Well, what should be the standard mode of celebration and enthusiasm at a football game then? Could you publish here for me or send me a hard copy to pin to my forehead so others I encounter may read?

Really, so I am a "dick" and a "tool" for simply giving a set of options for you all who just can't stand the inconvenience? Well, let me suggest a label for you complaining, "mature" name-callers: Whiners

You really should stand when the defense is on the field, especially on 3rd down, I wait til everyone ahead of me does so, though. Your voice projects more when you're up and if you're not yelling to help the defense, you should be sitting at home or something like a luxury box

It's possible to yell and be loud whisklt sitting. I certainly do not discourage standing when something happens which is exciting, but standing for the sake of standing is pretty irritating. It's one thing when you're in the student section of Beaver Stadium, it's another at an NFL game.

I have to give props to the guy in front of me yesterday. At the start of the game he was standing the whole time and I know that my mother and my wife (who is 5') couldn't see sh-- and honestly, it wouldn't have mattered if my wife stood up because the guy was big and she STILL couldn't see over him so her option would have been to stand on top of her seat which just makes it even worse for the people behind her and so on. Anyway, my Mom said something to him and he did a really good job and yelling and having fun and standing when appropriate (ie others are standing, an exciting play is ocurring or has just occurred, you are going to get beer, etc.) Everyone in my immediate vicintiy was very loud, had a great time and everyone could see and I appreciated that he made an effort to let the people behind him to see and ALSO participate in the fun, not just look at the back of his blue painted head.

There are considerations to consider. If you stand and your attitude is well the person behind me can just stand, that's fine. What you do when you stand and force me to stand to see over you is pass the douchebag label off of yourself an put it on me because now the people behind me can't see and it's pretty likely that I'm a bigger barrier than even you are. I honestly don't car ebecause I will see either way but I feel bad when I have to block a lady or a kid's view because of you. I jump up when fun stuff happens, as should everyone, but to stand the whole time is just very inconsiderate of everyone around you. There is nothing, absouletly nothing to prevent you from yelling while sitting. Your mouth is not (in most cases) connected to your ass and all of the people who are trying to make the arguement that your diapragm works better and you project your voice better when you stand are FOS and trying to justify their own douchebaggery. "as a singer...." BS.

It shouldn't have to get to the to the point of involving the ushers? Isn't that why they are there in the first place? Why exactly shouldn't it? Because 70,000 other people should implicitly know that you are annoyed with their conduct, obnoxious though it may be? Well, what should be the standard mode of celebration and enthusiasm at a football game then? Could you publish here for me or send me a hard copy to pin to my forehead so others I encounter may read?

Really, so I am a "dick" and a "tool" for simply giving a set of options for you all who just can't stand the inconvenience? Well, let me suggest a label for you complaining, "mature" name-callers: Whiners

How about this one that was linked in the post that started this whole thread. <_<

Fan Code of Conduct

The Buffalo Bills and Ralph Wilson Stadium have established a Code of Conduct for all guests that will allow everyone in attendance to enjoy all aspects of events at the stadium. Any violation of these rules could result in immediate ejection from the stadium premises. Our staff will proactively enforce this Code of Conduct that includes the following behaviors deemed inappropriate by Stadium Management:

-Interfering with the progress of the game by entering the field area or by throwing objects onto the field.

-Attempting to bring alcoholic beverages into the stadium.

-Intoxication related to excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.

-Smoking, except in designated areas.

-Use of foul, disruptive, obscene, offensive, or abusive language or actions.

-Fighting, taunting, threatening remarks or offensive gestures toward other Bills fans and visiting team fans.

-Sitting in a seat location other than the guest's ticket location.

-Refusing to show your ticket and/or identification when asked by a stadium representative.

-Scalping or other improper resale of tickets.

-Excessive standing.

-Indecent exposure or undressing.

-Displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting.

-Wearing obscene, offensive, or indecent clothing.

-Conduct that endangers spectators, employees or participants.

We value your enthusiasm, but ask that all fans exercise good judgment and observe the Code of Conduct. Please observe the rights of others by displaying proper decorum. Season Ticket Account Holders are responsible for their conduct as well as persons occupying their seats. Violations by either the Season Ticket Holder or anyone occupying the seats will result in having season ticket privileges revoked without reimbursement to the Season Ticket Account Holder and/or the holder of the ticket license, at the discretion of the Buffalo Bills. Should you observe any of the above violations, please contact a stadium staff member to report the problem or call the Game Day Fan Hotline at (716) 312-8933.

You have to have the ability to be tolerant. And always keep in mind that in the end, they are big fans of the team and just wanna have fun. Certain people go too far, and the Sheriff boots em. But to be upset because someone wants to stand and cheer all game long is shameful. Some people are just too excited about football and their team to sit down. Sitting down is for relaxing. <_<