So much for the new "code of conduct"...

LabattBlue

Labatt, looked up the weather on weather.com and used the hour-by-hour option and they forecasted rain throughout the game. Just for future use.

depends on when you looked at it. When I looked, just before leaving for the game, no rain was forecast until 4pm...and yes, I used weather.com

I did leave around 2:30am though

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a final note, there were handfuls of Seahawks fans who drove in from wherever, but nothing like the hordes that come to see other teams. The knucklehead factor for the Raiders game, for example, will likely be much higher.

I think they were all from the north country. You are correct just wait until the Raiders get here.

As for the standing no standing issue, everyone stood for the Dallas game without a complaint, it was that type of game, but some games just don't rise to that level. A good fan knows when to stand all day and when not to. Its just the way it is, some folks just can't figure it out.

Now if you were seated in the first 5-6 rows in the endzones where the cameras were located, then you had no choice but too stand, anyone else notice this. Was it a fox tv thing or is this a league wide policy to cover plays along the sidelines for replay?? If those were my seats I would be raising hell about that camera placement .

A couple of points: some of my group were the only ones my section that brought rain gear. For everybody else, by the time they got to the game, it was sit down = instant swamp-ass. And, it was the first game of the year, and it was exciting, and we were on D a whole lot in the 1st half, and it was exciting play after exciting play for the first 3 quarters of the game.

Therefore, I don't think this game was a good one to judge "sitting vs. standing" on. I think it's clear that there was a lot to get excited about, and somebody standing up and enjoying themselves doesn't make them "inconsiderate" any more than somebody who sits is a "bad fan". Both of those views are hopelessly based on individual perception/wants and have no place in a reasonable discussion that is attempting to discuss a general code of conduct for all fans.

There is no way in hell you are going to ever get an agreement on this: so the only way is a compromise. People "should" sit down on O, and people "should" stand up on D, with reasonable exceptions on both = no reason to stand on D when we are up by 21, no reason to sit on O when we are on the verge of making a big play. This would make everybody at least somewhat happy. I think this past game, so many people were standing for the first half, it got to be a habit.

But, this "no standing" thinking, "rules", BS, whatever, is never going to be enforced, and therefore shouldn't be expected by anyone, ever. If you think you should be allowed to sit the whole game and see it at the same time, you need to get a better grip on reality, or get a grip on the fact that in a stadium of 75k, you aren't the only person there. Perhaps your life choices have allowed you that status at all times everywhere else in life, but it's gone for 3 hours at the Bills game. Sorry dude, deal with it, and enjoy the game. There are much bigger problems in life to concern yourself with than an excited fellow Bills fan.

A couple of points: some of my group were the only ones my section that brought rain gear. For everybody else, by the time they got to the game, it was sit down = instant swamp-ass. And, it was the first game of the year, and it was exciting, and we were on D a whole lot in the 1st half, and it was exciting play after exciting play for the first 3 quarters of the game.

Therefore, I don't think this game was a good one to judge "sitting vs. standing" on. I think it's clear that there was a lot to get excited about, and somebody standing up and enjoying themselves doesn't make them "inconsiderate" any more than somebody who sits is a "bad fan". Both of those views are hopelessly based on individual perception/wants and have no place in a reasonable discussion that is attempting to discuss a general code of conduct for all fans.

There is no way in hell you are going to ever get an agreement on this: so the only way is a compromise. People "should" sit down on O, and people "should" stand up on D, with reasonable exceptions on both = no reason to stand on D when we are up by 21, no reason to sit on O when we are on the verge of making a big play. This would make everybody at least somewhat happy. I think this past game, so many people were standing for the first half, it got to be a habit.

But, this "no standing" thinking, "rules", BS, whatever, is never going to be enforced, and therefore shouldn't be expected by anyone, ever. If you think you should be allowed to sit the whole game and see it at the same time, you need to get a better grip on reality, or get a grip on the fact that in a stadium of 75k, you aren't the only person there. Perhaps your life choices have allowed you that status at all times everywhere else in life, but it's gone for 3 hours at the Bills game. Sorry dude, deal with it, and enjoy the game. There are much bigger problems in life to concern yourself with than an excited fellow Bills fan.

Best post of the lot. :lol:

Disclaimer...I like to have a good time and a few beers when going to the game, but despite the new code of conduct, nothing has changed.

I saw a group of guys(4 in one row and 3 in the row directly in front of them) in the upper deck around the 30 yard line stand for the entire first half and a lot of the 2nd half. It wasn't like they were cheering wildly, just standing for the sake of standing. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were just doing it, hoping that someone would challenge them on it. They didn't block my view as I was one section over, but I would have been pissed if I was right behind them. So much for the part about the "excessive standing" part of the new code of conduct.

http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/FanCodeofConduct.jsp

Also, more so than guys, I saw numerous "20 something girls" absolutely bombed, both outside the stadium before the game and inside the stadium during the game.

PS Great win for the Bills and a big FU to the weather forecasters. I checked the weather on Saturday night and the forecast was for partly sunny skies. I wake up Sunday morning and leave for the game and it could not have been a more perfect weather day with the skies as blue as can be...until game time! It is safe to say I didn't have any rain gear with me :lol:

I stood the whole game so did the rock pile

I don't agree with or like most of your post, but anyone who can seamlessly work the term "swamp-ass" into a Bills discussion is OK by me. :lol:

So I need to apologize for pointing out that you have implied the things I showed you did? Saying you're offended by those who don't stand is idiotic. As pointed out before there are kids and older people who don't want to stand or can't see if someone is standing ahead of them. Implying that the people who stand are just "Big Fans" and if you don't like people blocking your view stay home. Explain to me how I' m wrong about this. :lol:

So now that you've been shown the conduct policy you change your stance. Are you going to put on your head or was that a bluff?

I agree with you as far as the seating goes. If they are so large then they should buy the seats on either side of them too. It's just another inconsiderate thing to do.

If you've read the entire thread then you'd realize that we aren't talking about an entire section where nobody has a problem with the things going on around them. What most people here are trying to say, IMO, is that if the people around you find it annoying then don't do it.

Once again if an entire section has no problem with it then ok. It's not cool if people around you or behind you have a problem with it.

We are both clearly fans of the same team, which is why I find it all the more disappointing that you're willing to so readily jump down my throat on this. Rather than actually read what I'm saying you have cleary chosen to make assumptions and ignorantly draw conclusions. I can't stress enough how I said that we are all fans, but we go about enjoying our games differently. These differences are what make things, and people, interesting. And rather than apologize for hastily attacking me without any real cause to do so, you attempt to quantify your blatantly ignorant behaviour by twisting my words again? Bravo and thank you, sir. Your rationalization is weak. How can you mis-read this so badly?

So I need to apologize for pointing out that you have implied the things I showed you did? Saying you're offended by those who don't stand is idiotic. As pointed out before there are kids and older people who don't want to stand or can't see if someone is standing ahead of them. Implying that the people who stand are just "Big Fans" and if you don't like people blocking your view stay home. Explain to me how I' m wrong about this. :lol:

So now that you've been shown the conduct policy you change your stance. Are you going to put on your head or was that a bluff?

1. Learn to think about others and not exclusively about yourself. You'll be less of an A-hole. Everybody who pays deserves to enjoy the game and should be able to enjoy the game. If everyone is thoughtful then they all can.

2. Where in his post did he say anything about silence and people glued to their seats all game. Perhaps you should work on reading comprehension and/or not exaggerating others words to make their points sound ludicrous. If you don't exaggerate their arguements then they have a reasonable points and you look like a fool railing against it. Guess what you look like now? "Think about it Brad, study it."

2. Stand yourself? So the guys behind you have to stand and then the guys behind them and then the kids and the old people. Just because the kids or old people aren't directly behind you it does have a ripple effect. Once again learn to think about others?

Get a grip. You will mature if you're a normal human being and at that point you'll realize what dicks people like you are. Once again think of others rather than yourself.

I would have minded, and if you had touched my kid you would have woken up in the emergency room of the hospital.

You honestly didn't think people cared about this stuff?! Well now you know and can adjust your behavior accordingly. :lol:

So I guess you think about others before you spew your vile or put them in the emergency room (not an exageration to prove your point I'm sure).

To paraphase Jeff Foxworthy: If you make comments like this you may be are an intolerant self righteous whiner that believes the world revolves around them. It's even sadder that you actually believe you are being tolerant.

If you are self delusional enough to rationalize (to yourself) that this is not hypocritical please amuse us with your thought process.

[EDIT: Sorry lets_go_bills didn't see your post before duplicating your point.]

But, this "no standing" thinking, "rules", BS, whatever, is never going to be enforced, and therefore shouldn't be expected by anyone, ever.
I agree with the sentiment but not with the conclusion. In the 90's things were so unrestricted that you could bring in a thermos of your favorite beverage, and easily sneak in a 6 pack if you wished. I even was allowed to bring in a the materials for makeshift shelf that hung on the rail. Not the ideal components for a game crowd but IMO the crowds were not much worse (granted much of this was the lack of the MEism mentality that exists today). Your section enforced it's code of conduct and the only security that was really needed was the guys holding the dogs the keep people from rushing the field.

Since then PC & Greed under the guise of 9/11 and 'family atmosphere' has eliminated not only the alcohol in the thermos but even soda and water (unless Ralph makes it) and of course that terrorist tool the thermos itself. When no one yelled loud enough they banned food, backpacks (even if they are the same size and clarity of a plastic bag, that is allowed) and even camera cases for a period. Signs are screened at the gate (some for the heinous crime of criticizing Bills management), shirts are banned, hell you can't even bounce a beach ball around. You can be banned for "foul" language or "bad" behavior even if you are not present but give your ticket to the wrong person (no due process in the NFL Nation). Spontaneous" fan response is staged (watch the MNF crews make the sections they highlight during the post commercial shots practice their cheering and then pre-tape it to prevent something happening that they don't endorse; sad but amusing).

The NFL is perfectly capable of reaching their goal of making the 'stadium experience' equivalent to a golf match. Hell, they've brainwashed people into judging the caliber of a fan by how much money the idiot spends on an overpriced jersey (and remember you're not a true fan unless it's an OFFICIAL NFL jersey, any card carrying snob will point out and mock an identical knock-off with the intensity of a Body Snatcher pointing out an inferior human).

Start throwing out a few of those nasty standers and everyone else will fall into line. As someone near me said yesterday in 20 years the stands will contain nothing but (presumably well behaved and money laden) women and children.

• 2 weeks later...

God sitting or standing is a judgement call. If one person stands generally speaking others follow. It's the people who come in groups, get drunk, and stand to piss everyone off are the ones the rule is for. I don't understand why people don't understand that.

Maybe the Bills can move their home games to the Opera House so everyone has to sit until the end. I can see all you pansies mumbling to your wives - "I swear I'm gonna say something...I'll do it....this is enough....ok Im sayin something". And then you come home and type up a useless rant on TBD. If you really have a problem with people standing in front of you the whole game, talk to the usher - it's as simple as that.

Maybe the Bills can move their home games to the Opera House so everyone has to sit until the end. I can see all you pansies mumbling to your wives - "I swear I'm gonna say something...I'll do it....this is enough....ok Im sayin something". And then you come home and type up a useless rant on TBD. If you really have a problem with people standing in front of you the whole game, talk to the usher - it's as simple as that.

There is a huge difference between standing at key moments in the game, in OT, after any big play, etc....and standing w/o concern for the people behind you the entire game. Just like at a concert (where people don't seem to get it, either). You purchased a SEAT, and so did the people behind you. There are no set rules, and i would hope nobody expects everyone to behave the exact same way. Try to be a little fuc#ing courteous.

I haven't heard any complaints about people doing a little bit of standing. I think we all have a general idea of what jerkish behavior is. If you don't, then you just might be a jerk.