Please don't forget

Frez

Our QB Trent Edwards played a very solid game today with almost no mistakes. He was a little shaky in the first half with all the bad weather but he sure came around. I firmly believe we have a solid QB going into this season. I'm hoping to see something this team has been missing for years, that would be solid QB throws and decision making.

It was also nice to see both O line and D line play up to expectations today. We controlled that line of scrimmage for a change. I hope it wasn't just a fluke and the Bills can continue the intensity they played with today.

Good night!

P.S.

To bad about Tom Brady. :devil:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our QB Trent Edwards played a very solid game today with almost no mistakes. He was a little shaky in the first half with all the bad weather but he sure came around. I firmly believe we have a solid QB going into this season. I'm hoping to see something this team has been missing for years, that would be solid QB throws and decision making.

It was also nice to see both O line and D line play up to expectations today. We controlled that line of scrimmage for a change. I hope it wasn't just a fluke and the Bills can continue the intensity they played with today.

Good night!

P.S.

Trents really struggles in bad weather. This scares me

Huge concern though, his throws were terrible in the rain, many near picks.

Hasselback had many near picks in the rain. I don't recall a single "near pick" by Edwards. Some of those throws were awful but when he was 2-9, the WRs had 3 easy drops and he could have been 5-9.

In the last 48 games (3 seasons) the Bills have about 10 games where the QB threw for over 200 yards (I looked this up but 2006 is hazy because I have to dig through Holcomb stats). Let's thank Jesus and Baby Jesus for performances like today (1 sack, no INTs, no fumbles) that may not be spectacular, but are a far cry from what we've seen in the last 3 seasons.

Good night!

P.S.

Trent played a very good 2nd half, when the weather improved. He did not look solid in the rain in the 1st half.

Hasselback had many near picks in the rain. I don't recall a single "near pick" by Edwards. Some of those throws were awful but when he was 2-9, the WRs had 3 easy drops and he could have been 5-9.

In the last 48 games (3 seasons) the Bills have about 10 games where the QB threw for over 200 yards (I looked this up but 2006 is hazy because I have to dig through Holcomb stats). Let's thank Jesus and Baby Jesus for performances like today (1 sack, no INTs, no fumbles) that may not be spectacular, but are a far cry from what we've seen in the last 3 seasons.

although i think your son was the better President, i'd agree. trent's issues today were more about hitting the target than near-interceptions. there was the one play where he tried to hit marshawn, threw it high, the ball bounced off marshawn's hands and was kinda sorta nearly (but not really nearly) picked. can't recall many others. he certainly got better as the day went on, and threw some very nice passes (royal for the td at the goal line) that showed touch as well.

Matt Hasselback a Pro Bowl QB who has been to a SB and playoffs recently had just as much if not more trouble.

R E L A X

Hasselbeck was injured, & didn't play at all in preseason. He also only had 1 receiver worth a damn, & a depleated O-line. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

it's funny everyone compares trent edwards to hasselbeck ... hasselbeck was running for his life the whole game, as evidence by the 5 sacks. edwards had time to tapdance in the backfield on several occasions.

You got that right!

Besides people forget WR on both teams couldn't catch a cold today. It had to be the weather.

Why is it that whenever TE has played poorly in bad weather conditions the opposing teams' QBs played as bad or worse? Does anyone think that's mere coincidence?

It's obvious to me that the 'can't play in poor weather yada yada yada' posters have a VERY LIMITED history and understanding of weather and its effects on QB play at the Ralph since it opened in '73.

The weather, especially the winds, at the Ralph have made many GREAT HOF QBs look pedestrian at times. Including Kelly. Many of us here have seen this in person. Throws that look like Ricochet Rabbit's bullets. Throws that LITERALLY have stopped in mid-air and made abrubt turns. From Namath to Marino, we've seen the strongest arms in the game rendered useless in some of the conditions at the Ralph.

This 'can't play in bad weather' crap is way overblown. Clue: he's gonna have sucky days in perfect weather as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Hasselbeck plays in Seattle where it rains all the time, and he didn't look good either. Plus Edwards only played in 6 offensive series in the pre-season, so a little rust is to be expected.

Why is it that whenever TE has played poorly in bad weather conditions the opposing teams' QBs played as bad or worse? Does anyone think that's mere coincidence?

It's obvious to me that the 'can't play in poor weather yada yada yada' posters have a VERY LIMITED history and understanding of weather and its effects on QB play at the Ralph since it opened in '73.

The weather, especially the winds, at the Ralph have made many GREAT HOF QBs look pedestrian at times. Including Kelly. Many of us here have seen this in person. Throws that look like Ricochet Rabbit's bullets. Throws that LITERALLY have stopped in mid-air and made abrubt turns. From Namath to Marino, we've seen the strongest arms in the game rendered useless in some of the conditions at the Ralph.

This 'can't play in bad weather' crap is way overblown. Clue: he's gonna have sucky days in perfect weather as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Great post!