Question for Liberals.

If you are pro-life, I would have to believe that the reason you are, is because you believe that all lives are sacred, and your God meant for all beings to live, until he decides to take them.

And that is also the answer to your question.

Thank you Kelly. Yes, I do believe that life is sacred. I also don't believe in the death penalty either. I really just wanted an honost answer to the question. Not the same old insults hurled at me by Max Fisher. I am by no means a Bible thumping zeolet, nor am I an idiot.

If Democrates really believed in pro choice and anti death penalty. Don't you think they could have answered the question without throwing poo?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, look, someone else looking for validation. Why don't you and westside spend some time "validating" each other; the rest of us will give you some privacy.

Don't forget to use protection.

I'm looking for validation? I'd say that someone with over FIFTEEN THOUSAND posts on an internet message board is the one who's looking for validation.

Yes, that or save a cow, eat a vegetarian. Hmm, I believe in choice, but only narrowly before the first tri-mester. Make it safe, legal and rare. Seriously, then how do you feel about the morning after pill. I admit, I am conflicted about the issue because I was adopted. But then again, I believe that women should make the decision. My attitude is if all women want to get together and outlaw abortion, that would be fine by me.

As far as the death penalty, once again, I don't like the taking of a life, but under the current means we have at our disposal to deal with violent horrible acts of certain criminals, it may be the only responsible means as man we have for dealing with a bad situation and protect society. God will be the ultimate judge of us, how we carry these decisions out and our motives, non of which should be made lightly, cavalierly or out of vengeance.

Thank you Kelly. Yes, I do believe that life is sacred. I also don't believe in the death penalty either. I really just wanted an honost answer to the question. Not the same old insults hurled at me by Max Fisher. I am by no means a Bible thumping zeolet, nor am I an idiot.

If Democrates really believed in pro choice and anti death penalty. Don't you think they could have answered the question without throwing poo?

The two issues are separate. Most conservatives are pro-life and for the death penalty. If every life is sacred, how can man, or government, or conservative thinking government, then decide to take it.

You can't decide for others when you believe life begins. Not all people believe what you believe. There is no definitive answer for it. Therefore, billions of people believe in choice. Plus, I have never met anyone anywhere that was pro-abortion. They don't exist. You call yourself pro-life, that means you are for ALL life. Do you believe that anyone who is pro-choice is for ALL abortions. All babies should be aborted?

Social liberalism has many intrinsic flaws to its version of justice:

-Abortion is a choice about their body, when the choice is not about their own body but someone else they are trying to kill

-Abortion is a choice, but not the killing of a bald eagle egg

-Abortion is permittable, but not when it happens to a lamb in its in the mother's womb (recent PETA "outrage" just last week)

-Aborting a baby is fine, but not when a man aborts kittens and was arrested because of the protests

-Open minded towards homosexuality as genetic, but not towards the science that shows no genetic evidence, and even suing studies that prove the contrary, and even suing one company that found a "cure" for homosexuality

-Open minded towards homosexuals, but not when priests have relationships with young men (93% of cases were homosexual in nature, not pedophilia)

-Open minded towards history as long as any Christian developments to society are undermined and untaught (e.g.founding of universities and public hospitals)

-Open minded about a true liberal education (which is a valid), but not towards ideas antithetical to their substructure and lie about the argument (e.g. intelligent design is "creationism")

-Open minded about moral deviancy, but complain and act violently when Judeo-Christian ethics are employed by an individual to the detriment of what they consider "best" for others

-Preach give to the poor in the form of welfare, as long as they don't do so unless there are tax benefits that outweigh their "gift", also surveys show over 80% of all volunteers to the poor label themselves "conservative"

-Preach tolerance while showing none to the other side and usually use name-calling as a means to quell their "hate", a word over-used by the left

-Preach against hate-crimes, while committing more acts of "hate" than any other group... for evidence go to most Youtube videos made by conservatives and see what is typical of responses there

-Preach separation of Church and State while using State court to enforce liberal state laws on religious groups, and individuals

-Preach the non-legislating of morality while enacting laws to enforce their own morality

-Abortion is a choice about their body, when the choice is not about their own body but someone else they are trying to kill

-Abortion is permittable, but not when it happens to a lamb in its in the mother's womb (recent PETA "outrage" just last week)

-Aborting a baby is fine, but not when a man aborts kittens and was arrested because of the protests

-Open minded towards homosexuality as genetic, but not towards the science that shows no genetic evidence, and even suing studies that prove the contrary, and even suing one company that found a "cure" for homosexuality

-Open minded towards homosexuals, but not when priests have relationships with young men (93% of cases were homosexual in nature, not pedophilia)

-Open minded towards history as long as any Christian developments to society are undermined and untaught (e.g.founding of universities and public hospitals)

-Open minded about a true liberal education (which is a valid), but not towards ideas antithetical to their substructure and lie about the argument (e.g. intelligent design is "creationism")

-Open minded about moral deviancy, but complain and act violently when Judeo-Christian ethics are employed by an individual to the detriment of what they consider "best" for others

-Preach give to the poor in the form of welfare, as long as they don't do so unless there are tax benefits that outweigh their "gift", also surveys show over 80% of all volunteers to the poor label themselves "conservative"

-Preach tolerance while showing none to the other side and usually use name-calling as a means to quell their "hate", a word over-used by the left

-Preach against hate-crimes, while committing more acts of "hate" than any other group... for evidence go to most Youtube videos made by conservatives and see what is typical of responses there

-Preach separation of Church and State while using State court to enforce liberal state laws on religious groups, and individuals

-Preach the non-legislating of morality while enacting laws to enforce their own morality

Not bad, that list took a lot of angst to construct. Many of that same list has a conservative yang to it... eg.

Preach hate the sin, yet rwers condemn the sinner. Preach turn the other cheek, yet start an unjustified war in Iraq. Preach celibacy, yet the largest group of child predators are priests and ministers. Preach about saving one's sole and then demand money to do it.

80% of all volunteers of the poor are conservative... where is that figure coming from, some right wing church. There are many volunteers of the poor and I will be many don't answer the question unless they have an agenda such as the Mormons who go out and do it while prosthelitizing (sp). We were told to do it without taking credit for it, doing it as anonymously as possible... the humble way as JCWD. Whatever..... another damn poll.

Moral deviancy, like the new VP nominee having a child conceived out of wedlock? There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around. Yes, the liberals have theirs, I could name a few more for you on that side.

Oh you mean Gay, not my place to judge, besides, I know plenty of bad marriages and a number of gay relationships that are a lot more committed, loving and stable.

Hate crimes... what do you mean by that? What? Where is your evidence, What are you talking about.

As I said at the beginning, this list took a lot of angst. Find a good therapist, priest or minister. It would do you some good.

Better yet, go kick the dog and have a beer.

May be a record for the number of fallacious arguments in one post.

The two issues are separate. Most conservatives are pro-life and for the death penalty. If every life is sacred, how can man, or government, or conservative thinking government, then decide to take it.

You can't decide for others when you believe life begins. Not all people believe what you believe. There is no definitive answer for it. Therefore, billions of people believe in choice. Plus, I have never met anyone anywhere that was pro-abortion. They don't exist. You call yourself pro-life, that means you are for ALL life. Do you believe that anyone who is pro-choice is for ALL abortions. All babies should be aborted?

To answer the 1st question, the distinction is that every "innocent" life is sacred. (I'd like to come up w/ a better word than sacred, but after several beers that's the best that I've got.) There are some people / crimes that are so depraved that our society does need to impose the ultimate penalty on. I'd say those are rather limited (e.g. killers of on-duty, well identified police officers / prison guards; serial killers; mass murderers) and I support safeguards that exist w/in the system to keep innocents spared.

You point out the nuance of the pro-choice position, and then use the sledge hammer on the pro-life position. There should be nuance to both sides, but far too rarely does it get expressed for those one doesn't agree with.

You also state that there is no definitive answer as to when life begins. I would say that there IS a definitive answer(s) to when viable life begins, but we are too ignorant / stubborn to realize what it is.

Why are Liberals for abortion (killing an unborn baby), but against the death penalty?

I really do not understand this at all. Please enlighten me.

As a liberal in general, I am for the right of the individual woman to decide if she wants to see her pregnancy through. She is , after all the one who is pregnant. That some stranger gets off telling her what she should do with her pregnancy is nuts. This is a logical premise to me. Like it or not the zygote, fetus,child whatever has no "right" to be anything if the mother doesn't want to be pregnant. That is not how the world works. It is a cruel place. That is a fact. A child is born because a parent wants it to be. It's that simple. None of us had the power to create ourselves. The death penalty is a different animal altogether. We are talking about punishment for a crime, not about a decision to have a child or not. My main problem with the death penalty ( which I am not necessarily opposed to in ALL cases) is the real possibility that the person did not commit the crime. A jury can quite simply get it wrong. How many times do you see where new DNA evidence or something like that exonerates an individual behind bars? It has also been found to be more expensive to carry out. That is bad for the taxpayer. I've often wondered the other way around, though. Why are so many conservatives concerned about abortion, yet FOR the death penalty. It seems they are only pro-life when it comes to a fetus. Once the child is born (possibly to a poor mother on welfare or something) it becomes a burden they don't want to pay for. And don't even start with health care. How can one have a "right" to be born, yet no "right" to health care once brought into the world?

As a liberal in general, I am for the right of the individual woman to decide if she wants to see her pregnancy through. She is , after all the one who is pregnant. That some stranger gets off telling her what she should do with her pregnancy is nuts. This is a logical premise to me. Like it or not the zygote, fetus,child whatever has no "right" to be anything if the mother doesn't want to be pregnant. That is not how the world works. It is a cruel place. That is a fact. A child is born because a parent wants it to be. It's that simple. None of us had the power to create ourselves. The death penalty is a different animal altogether. We are talking about punishment for a crime, not about a decision to have a child or not. My main problem with the death penalty ( which I am not necessarily opposed to in ALL cases) is the real possibility that the person did not commit the crime. A jury can quite simply get it wrong. How many times do you see where new DNA evidence or something like that exonerates an individual behind bars? It has also been found to be more expensive to carry out. That is bad for the taxpayer. I've often wondered the other way around, though. Why are so many conservatives concerned about abortion, yet FOR the death penalty. It seems they are only pro-life when it comes to a fetus. Once the child is born (possibly to a poor mother on welfare or something) it becomes a burden they don't want to pay for. And don't even start with health care. How can one have a "right" to be born, yet no "right" to health care once brought into the world?

:thumbsup:

To cover even more ground (well plowed in previous posts....); there's always my favorite bumper sticker seen in Santa Barbara, CA: "Nuke a baby whale for Jesus"

Ha! And we wonder why UCSB is the best MIS school in the world..... :thumbsup: . Nothing like our job training us to see the BS, on all sides, for what it really is.