I love McKelvin as a returner....I am sure he will end up

Should we have taken a linebacker instead?

- Greer showed last year he was a good corner

- McGee is entrenched

- Yobuty showed enough to beat out a veteran in James

- Corner is suprising

We knew that the Crowell situation was going to go bad sooner or later because he is going to be a free agent. We a good pick to take a start early linebacker

hmmmmmmm

- McGee is entrenched

- Corner is suprising

We knew that the Crowell situation was going to go bad sooner or later because he is going to be a free agent. We a good pick to take a start early linebacker

hmmmmmmm

This is a pretty weak argument. I'll give you McGee, but...

1 - Greer did not show he was a "good" corner last year. He showed he was serviceable.

2 - You're using events of the last month (camp, pre-season) to prove a point about an event several months ago (the draft). Nobody knew Youbouty or Corner would show "enough to beat out a veteran" or be "surprising." If they had drafted a LB but Youbouty stunk up the joint in pre-season and Corner played down to the level of a high-round pick, would you be complaining that they shouldn't have drafted a LB and should instead have taken McKelvin?

3 - the Bills DID draft a LB... he got hurt in the preseason and is out for the year. Nothing you can do about that.

This is a pretty weak argument. I'll give you McGee, but...

1 - Greer did not show he was a "good" corner last year. He showed he was serviceable.

2 - You're using events of the last month (camp, pre-season) to prove a point about an event several months ago (the draft). Nobody knew Youbouty or Corner would show "enough to beat out a veteran" or be "surprising." If they had drafted a LB but Youbouty stunk up the joint in pre-season and Corner played down to the level of a high-round pick, would you be complaining that they shouldn't have drafted a LB and should instead have taken McKelvin?

3 - the Bills DID draft a LB... he got hurt in the preseason and is out for the year. Nothing you can do about that.

Not weak at all...Greer was much better on coverage last year than McGee. His hands may not be as soft, but I'd rather put Greer against the opposing team's top receiver this year than McGee.

- McGee is entrenched

- Corner is suprising

hmmmmmmm

Who would you have had them take? I like McKelvin alot i think hes gonna be a special player for us. Keep this in Mind, Greer is in a contract year and the Bills did draft Alvin bowen later in the draft who unfotunitly got hurt. Maybe this situation wouldnt seem as bad if he was healthy

Just throwing it out there for debate. There were no LB's available at that draft pick but maybe a trade down scenario?

Point taken on Yobuty and Corner....we didn't know about those guys, but Greer i gotta disagree with.....there were many games last year (after he finally got to play) that he was our best corner.

- McGee is entrenched

- Corner is suprising

hmmmmmmm

Not with Poz returning and the signing of Mitchell. The reason we took a DB was because we had some question marks in this unit still. Webster left, Youboty looked like a bust and who did we have behind Greer and McGee?

Not with Poz returning and the signing of Mitchell. The reason we took a DB was because we had some question marks in this unit still. Webster left, Youboty looked like a bust and who did we have behind Greer and McGee?

James Hall..... Haha.

I really think our Secondary is one of the best in the NFL right now room to be the best.

Not weak at all...Greer was much better on coverage last year than McGee. His hands may not be as soft, but I'd rather put Greer against the opposing team's top receiver this year than McGee.

I wouldn't go that far but Greer certainly didn't do anything to embarrass himself last year. It's funny to read statements here proclaiming McKelving a starter already over Greer. :lol:

Jabari worked his tail off and has earned his spot.

First of all...who are we talking about at our draft position? (forget the trade down scenario)

Rivers and Mayo were already gone and there wasn't another LB taken until the second round.

Exactly. I think that if Rivers were on the board at pick #11 we would've been to the poteum in about 30 seconds. We got the "supposed best" at a position of need for our team. Again.

Rivers and Meyo were gone by the time the Bills picked so no.

This is what I was gonna say. Even if we knew about Crowell's stunt, the value wasn't there at our pick. We would have been accused of "reaching" had we taken a LB by Mortensen and Kiper. :lol: So, it's a no-win situation, which of course means the haters are always right no matter what we do. :lol: