Which is more troubling:

Just a bit of clear, well-stated information would go a long way towards assuring Bills' fans that the team's lug nuts are tight and firmly holding the wheels on the Bills' bus.

When Jauron comes out and says of the Crowell situation "It came pretty much out of the blue, it was certainly something we didn't see coming.", he needs to be aware of the scrutiny and doubts his words will cause. At the very least such statements seem to point to confusion and a lack of communication within the organization, especially disconcerting coming three days before opening day. I think it would have been better for him just to say "we'll have a full statement and more details on this tomorrow."

Jauron's comments, coupled with statements from his defensive teammates, does make it look like Crowell was really the one who handled things poorly; how could he not keep the team apprised of his plans in advance? In his defense, the only explanation that comes to mind is that his knee suddenly turned much worse, and he felt he had no other recourse. But you get the feeling the Bills FO feels differently. After all, it's not like Crowell suffered a sudden, badly broken bone or something.

Maybe Chris Brown will step up today and clear the air.

I have no problem with Jauron being honest. It's better for us fans than the Belichick school of dealing with the media.

I agree with him being honest. And the fact that he came out and said that means that he's probably telling the truth about what he knew. Usually, its an ambiguous comment about waiting for the facts when really, they're waiting for the teams attorneys/PR people to write up a statement for him to read.

My guess is that Angelo waited way too long to bring this to the attention of the team and now, they're going to move on without him. It's ashame because he's in a contract year and has been a solid player for us. I really don't think we would have resigned him after this year, but now, he's going to have a hard time finding a team that will give him a big contract next year.

I hope that more light is shed on the subject today.

Oh no, I agree 100%, Matty. It just makes it look like no one's in the driver's seat with two days to go.

Looks like Crowell really !@#$ed up here. Not sure why he was put on IR without hesitation, but this is one of those situation where there HAS to be more to the story. We'll find out in time.

I have read many times that Jauron is a player's coach always communicating with the players individually so I don't his being clueness in the case all that troubling.

His being clueness in situations like the last two minutes of the Cowboys game last year I do find troubling.

Ha...kicking some she-hawk butt Sunday would sure calm my nerves...that and a few cold beers in the parking lot.

I hear ya, BlueBleeder - I like to drink the opposing team's beer, so it'll be Redhook (can't find Laughing Buddha anywhere in WNY) - and maybe a few bottles of Washington cabernet....

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Actually, I give Jauron a lot of credit for being as restrained as he was. He looked to me like he was about ready to jump out of his skin with anger, yet restrained himself enough to make a pretty bland statement about the matter.

Where in Houston are you? I am in West Houston (Katy)

Actually, I give Jauron a lot of credit for being as restrained as he was. He looked to me like he was about ready to jump out of his skin with anger, yet restrained himself enough to make a pretty bland statement about the matter.

yeah, Angelo threw the Bills FO and teammates a curve ball. You could tell he was biting his tongue. They didn't see it coming, and Jauron told us the real truth.

Bleed Bills Blue, would you rather he lie or spin the crap out of it? IMO, it doesn't look at all like the coaching staff or FO aren't watching the road; more about Angelo decided that was the best thing for him, and didn't give any hints or warning that it might go that way. Even his teammates said he was practicing and were very surprised he decided to have surgery.

The real issue is should they have IR'd him? I can't figure out if it's punishment or they simply can't afford to hold his roster spot, given that they only have 5 LBs and Poz had a short term ankle boo boo.

I have no problem with Jauron being honest. It's better for us fans than the Belichick school of dealing with the media.

Can any of you tell me what part of me is hurting right now? I'm getting surgery in two weeks. Anyone know where? No? Then how is Dick Jauron supposed to know what's bothering Crowell? Yeah, his knee is swelling but he's still out there. Maybe Jauron's mistake was believing Crowell when asked "How's your knee, Crow?" he answers "Fine, Coach." Even a doctor can only tell so much if a player doesn't admit that his knee is hurting. It's odd, for sure.

PTR

Just a bit of clear, well-stated information would go a long way towards assuring Bills' fans that the team's lug nuts are tight and firmly holding the wheels on the Bills' bus.

When Jauron comes out and says of the Crowell situation "It came pretty much out of the blue, it was certainly something we didn't see coming.", he needs to be aware of the scrutiny and doubts his words will cause. At the very least such statements seem to point to confusion and a lack of communication within the organization, especially disconcerting coming three days before opening day. I think it would have been better for him just to say "we'll have a full statement and more details on this tomorrow."

Jauron's comments, coupled with statements from his defensive teammates, does make it look like Crowell was really the one who handled things poorly; how could he not keep the team apprised of his plans in advance? In his defense, the only explanation that comes to mind is that his knee suddenly turned much worse, and he felt he had no other recourse. But you get the feeling the Bills FO feels differently. After all, it's not like Crowell suffered a sudden, badly broken bone or something.

Maybe Chris Brown will step up today and clear the air.

Well, he met with team doctors beforehand so another reasonable interpretaition is that he got hurt, he hoped it would get better, it didn't, he saw the docs, they said "you need surgery" and he said "okay". I know, its far fetched compared to the scenario where a hard working player about whom we have never heard a complaint decided on a whim to needlessly endanger the most important year in his professional life.

Well, he met with team doctors beforehand so another reasonable interpretaition is that he got hurt, he hoped it would get better, it didn't, he saw the docs, they said "you need surgery" and he said "okay". I know, its far fetched compared to the scenario where a hard working player about whom we have never heard a complaint decided on a whim to needlessly endanger the most important year in his professional life.

Mickey, I do not want to deny you the chance to continue your crusade against the front office, but I do have a question. From all I see, the assumption that Crowell's scope would be a 4-week recovery is based on no statement from any Bills doctor, but is merely an assumption. Thus it could be that the Bills doctors have said that the recovery would be much longer, making IR a better otion for the team, could it not?

That explanation requires the vilification of neither Crowell nor Jauron... though it does make it a shame that Crowell did not decide to have the scope done in the off-season.

Jauron (basically) said Bud Carpenter and Dr. Marzo were involved on a regular basis, so it's pretty obvious they weren't the ones saying he needed surgery. So it looks like he got at least another opinion, which is certainly reasonable.

To me, the thumbs up or thumbs down on the front office begins and ends with something we as fans do not know: What the Bills players in the locker room think. Usually you wouldn't necessarily let the inmates run the asylum and let the players determine the moves the front office makes. But usually, you wouldn't lose your top tackler for 16 weeks intentionally when he likely would be gone for 3. If the players. overall, felt that Crowell quit on them and was being selfish, then I can somewhat understand the move. But if the players look at this move and think, man, Angelo got screwed, and we as a team are short-handed because the front office was vindictive, then I think it was a horrendous decision, both hurting the quality on the field and the morale in the locker room and confidence that the coach is on their side and has their backs.

I still think there is something we don't know about this.

Can any of you tell me what part of me is hurting right now? I'm getting surgery in two weeks. Anyone know where? No? Then how is Dick Jauron supposed to know what's bothering Crowell? Yeah, his knee is swelling but he's still out there. Maybe Jauron's mistake was believing Crowell when asked "How's your knee, Crow?" he answers "Fine, Coach." Even a doctor can only tell so much if a player doesn't admit that his knee is hurting. It's odd, for sure.

PTR

Thank you for your studied medical opinion Dr. Promo.

Clearly, despite the complete lack of any attitude problems on the part of Crowell over his entire career, he up and decided, on a whim and without any need whatsoever to have surgery on his knee and thereby foul up the most important year he will ever have in his entire NFL career after executing a master plan to puroposefully deceive his coach throughout camp to set the stage for his September surprise.

The very idea that he had a degenerative condition in his knee as shown by the frequent swelling, that finally got bad enough to require surgery is preposterous. Degenerative conditions never worsen over time despite that being the very meaning of "degenerative conditions". Injured knees are well known to spontaneously heal themselves.

I am just glad the front office stood up to all this crap about injuries and having surgery to repair those injuires. Otherwise there would be a line of players at the doctors door whining about how they have injuries and they need surgery too. The team can't afford to set such a bad precedent.