It is time to face the truth: Poz, now Crowell

Cornerville

Between Ralph bitching about $ every 5 years to $oak more coin out of a fan base that cannot afford it....the Poz thing last year and im convinced they did that to save $...and now this Crowell move...how in the world does Brandon expect the players to think favorably about this organization with peters not even talking to them and IR'ing a STARTING LB because what, they were pissed??

Same Ol Bills..

The point of your argument is debateable, but I think your supporting evidence is just wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Poz went on IR last year so I think he still got his normal salary. I don't see how his specifiic injury situation could have had cost cutting implications.

Like I said in the other thread, we shouldn't hold anybody to anything they say here for the next couple of days...until the game thread of course. :thumbsup:

There are so many nervous expectations, we are bound to see posts like this and we should see these for what they are. Everybody's on edge and while this Crowell thing doesn't help, it certainly doesn't allow one to call into question the entire FO and every decision they have made for the last 3 years.

Between Ralph bitching about $ every 5 years to $oak more coin out of a fan base that cannot afford it....the Poz thing last year and im convinced they did that to save $...and now this Crowell move...how in the world does Brandon expect the players to think favorably about this organization with peters not even talking to them and IR'ing a STARTING LB because what, they were pissed??

Same Ol Bills..

Same old 5% of Bills fans who don't get it.

Same old 5% of Bills fans who don't get it.

That get what, Ralph yearns for 8 sellouts and a 8-8 record and has zero sense of urgency at 90 years old?

I got my Poz facts mixed up Ill admit, but tell me where I am wrong about this organization.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. The Bills are only carrying five LBs. Now with Crowell out, we are short-handed. Waiting until three days before the start of the season sucks. But Crowell probably cost himself a serious payday by doing this.

Bottom line is, this is a lose-lose situation.

Same Ol Bills TSW...

Fixed.

While none of us are happy, the Tampex twisting around here is getting too extreme. LB is the easiest position in football to find street FAs at. If Spragen comes back, or some other vet like him, it will likely provide 90% of what a gimpy Crowell would have, IMO.

Until then, circle the wagons and get on the phone John Guy...

Same Ol Bills..

Right any REAL team can predict who gets injured and have pro bowlers on the bench ready to step in, or can trade for anybody for a jock strap and football. Oh why can't we have a team like that??? What a slap in the face.

PTR

The point of your argument is debateable, but I think your supporting evidence is just wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Poz went on IR last year so I think he still got his normal salary. I don't see how his specifiic injury situation could have had cost cutting implications.

Don't waste your typing fingers trying to explain that players going on IR get paid their full salaries anyway. These folks need something to get upset over so they make up their own alternative reality...someplace where they are right and the Bills are always wrong.

PTR

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. The Bills are only carrying five LBs. Now with Crowell out, we are short-handed. Waiting until three days before the start of the season sucks. But Crowell probably cost himself a serious payday by doing this.

Bottom line is, this is a lose-lose situation.

He sure did which is all the more reason to believe that medically, he didn't have a choice. Yet reading the posts hereabouts, you would think he planned to get hurt.

He sure did which is all the more reason to believe that medically, he didn't have a choice. Yet reading the posts hereabouts, you would think he planned to get hurt.

That's right. Nobody wants to be injured. You can't pick and choose who and when a guy goes down. Crowell did what was best for himself, and that's opt for surgery to fix the problem and give himself and chance to prolong his career. The timing does suck though. We were all expecting a big year outta him.

Fixed.

While none of us are happy, the Tampex twisting around here is getting too extreme. LB is the easiest position in football to find street FAs at. If Spragen comes back, or some other vet like him, it will likely provide 90% of what a gimpy Crowell would have, IMO.

Until then, circle the wagons and get on the phone John Guy...

I would rather gut it out with Ellison, than Spragen...the guy looks like a stiff at this point in time...too bad Spikes isn't still kicking around!

Don't waste your typing fingers trying to explain that players going on IR get paid their full salaries anyway. These folks need something to get upset over so they make up their own alternative reality...someplace where they are right and the Bills are always wrong.

PTR

He gets a full, complete salary for the year without making the 1st game active list?

He gets a full, complete salary for the year without making the 1st game active list?

Yes. But he can only be released if he negotiates an injury settlement with the Bills. Putting him on IR does not save money, except in the case of performance-based bonuses, and no one here has any idea if Crow's contract included any of them.

That's right. Nobody wants to be injured. You can't pick and choose who and when a guy goes down. Crowell did what was best for himself, and that's opt for surgery to fix the problem and give himself and chance to prolong his career. The timing does suck though. We were all expecting a big year outta him.

I'll bet he is a lot more disappointed than we are. How quick the rabble turns against the heros of yesterday.

Same Ol Bills..

That's a tardic statement if I ever heard one. A very knowledgeable Bills fans, a few weeks ago, mentioned that anyone put on IR gets 100% of their salary. You could've researched this before making yourself look dumb to one and all. But don't let facts stand in the way of your politicing buddy.