How many years did it take you to get your Bachelor's?

JK2000

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only replying to this thread. If anyone wants to substitute candidate A's academic record with being on the very bottom of the class at the Naval Academy versus Candidate B at Occidental, Columbia and Harvard, go ahead.

What if the phrasing were "candidate B who, despite being at the very bottom of his class at Occidental for two years, managed to transfer to Columbia; and despite not graduating with any honors or distinction, was somehow admitted to Harvard Law."

Of course, we don't know his grades because he won't release any information about them or his class standing.

If that's the case then they poke at McCain's experience as well.

Um, yes, 'poking at' McCain's experience would be the point of hi-liting Obama's inexperience.

Yes, we would like to "poke at" John McCain's 23 year naval career as fighter pilot, Lt. commander, Captain, Commanding Officer, Navy Liaison to the US Senate, and his 17 military awards and decorations including the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, and Navy Commendation Medal.

That would be before we "poke at" John McCain's 26 year career in the US House & Senate.

You're not too bright, are you.

Hey, with all these legacy admissions, I wonder what Kent Dorfman is doing these days? Is he running for office somewhere?

According to my 25th anniversary DVD he is successful as a sensitivity trainer in Cleveland.

On the 25th anniversary DVD they have a where are they now "documentary". At the end they say "And you all know President Blutarsky".

If you read National Lampoon in the 70s, Pinto is Rusty Griswald from the Vacation Movies. In the stories in the magazine, he is the same person.

Never mind that flying combat planes is inherently dangerous (particularly off carriers)...only the second demonstrates anything resembling bad judgement. A trainee crashing on landing practice, engine flame-out, shot down in combat...not exactly uncommon occurrences. And how is it his fault for sitting in a motionless plane when it was hit by an errant rocket? As criticisms go...it's silly. There's enough real issues to criticise him on without that nonsense.

True. Good points. Yet, some claim he "wet started" his plane:

Surviving crewmen and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his plane.

Zuni Rockets Were Volatile Design

In McCain's case, the 'wet-start' 'cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fueltank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb bomb off it's 500 lb rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire.

Does sound like an impulsive, maverick move if it is really true.

True. Good points. Yet, some claim he "wet started" his plane:

Surviving crewmen and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his plane.

Zuni Rockets Were Volatile Design

In McCain's case, the 'wet-start' 'cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fueltank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb bomb off it's 500 lb rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire.

Does sound like an impulsive, maverick move if it is really true.

McCain's plane was headed in the direction of the flight deck. He was first in line to take off.

The other A4 was on the other side of the ship and pointed at a right angle to McCain's plane.

The other A4 was still being attended to by two ground servicemen when one of its zuni's short circuited and fired.

The zuni slammed directly into McCain's plane and his fuel tanks exploded and its two 1000 lb bombs dropped onto the burning deck.

McCain opened his cockpit and jumped out and ran from the flames and certain death.

McCain's plane was headed in the direction of the flight deck. He was first in line to take off.

The other A4 was on the other side of the ship and pointed at a right angle to McCain's plane.

The other A4 was still being attended to by two ground servicemen when one of its zuni's short circuited and fired.

The zuni slammed directly into McCain's plane and his fuel tanks exploded and its two 1000 lb bombs dropped onto the burning deck.

McCain opened his cockpit and jumped out and ran from the flames and certain death.

Didn't the Zuni take off from the F-4 Phanton (not another A-4E Skyhawk) in the queue behind him? That is what I take from most information I have read.

Where did you find this information?... I would like to take a look at it.

Didn't the Zuni take off from the F-4 Phanton (not another A-4E Skyhawk) in the queue behind him? That is what I take from most information I have read.

Where did you find this information?... I would like to take a look at it.

The only footage of the actual disaster that remains on youtube does not show the zuni being launched.

Take it from me, it (F4 - thanks for the correction, I'm doing this from memory) was across the flight deck and pointed directly at McCain's plane which was headed in the direction of the flight deck.

Here is a link to the Forrestal Museum site.

No video, but "At 10:52 A.M. on July 29, the second launch was being readied when a Zuni rocket accidentally fired from an F-4 Phantom parked on the starboard side of the flight deck aft of the island. The missile streaked across the deck into a 400 gallon belly fuel tank on a parked A-4D Skyhawk. The ruptured tank spew highly flammable JP-5 fuel onto the deck which ignited spreading flames over the flight deck under other fully loaded aircraft ready for launch. The ensuing fire caused ordinance to explode and other rockets to ignite. Spread by the wind, the flames engulfed the aft end of the stricken ship turning the flight deck into a blazing inferno.. Berthing spaces immediately below the flight deck became death traps for fifty men, while other crewmen were blown overboard by the explosion."

McCain's A4 was the plane that the zuni hit.

The only footage of the actual disaster that remains on youtube does not show the zuni being launched.

Take it from me, it (F4 - thanks for the correction, I'm doing this from memory) was across the flight deck and pointed directly at McCain's plane which was headed in the direction of the flight deck.

Here is a link to the Forrestal Museum site.

No video, but "At 10:52 A.M. on July 29, the second launch was being readied when a Zuni rocket accidentally fired from an F-4 Phantom parked on the starboard side of the flight deck aft of the island. The missile streaked across the deck into a 400 gallon belly fuel tank on a parked A-4D Skyhawk. The ruptured tank spew highly flammable JP-5 fuel onto the deck which ignited spreading flames over the flight deck under other fully loaded aircraft ready for launch. The ensuing fire caused ordinance to explode and other rockets to ignite. Spread by the wind, the flames engulfed the aft end of the stricken ship turning the flight deck into a blazing inferno.. Berthing spaces immediately below the flight deck became death traps for fifty men, while other crewmen were blown overboard by the explosion."

McCain's A4 was the plane that the zuni hit.

Thanks!!

That would be before we "poke at" John McCain's 26 year career in the US House & Senate.

So, John's been retired for 26 years now (since congressional service supposedly isn't real employment)?

Isn't that a long sabbatical to take between gigs?

So, John's been retired for 26 years now (since congressional service supposedly isn't real employment)?

Isn't that a long sabbatical to take between gigs?

Well gosh gee, Lurker, I hadn't heard that, but if you say it, it must be so - good thing he's got a really rich wife!

I guess 47-year-old Obama's already been retired for 4 years then? After only 7 years of 'part-time' work in the Illinois State Senate?

Sounds like a real slacker, if ya ask me. :rolleyes: