How many years did it take you to get your Bachelor's?

JK2000

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain's running mate attended 5 colleges during that time at such amazing academic institutions as Matanuska-Susitna College, Hawaii Pacific University, North Idaho College, and then finally the University of Idaho.

The wild and wonderful world of academia should never be confused with intelligence and capability. As a fan of Dennis Eichorn's comic books (he was a Vandal) it tells me life experience is the goal.

She gets a pass from me on that.

The wild and wonderful world of academia should never be confused with intelligence and capability. As a fan of Dennis Eichorn's comic books (he was a Vandal) it tells me life experience is the goal.

She gets a pass from me on that.

Gee, I think you just made her day. :thumbsup:

Wait a second....McCain was given a legacy appointment to Annapolis (dad was Admiral) and finished in the bottom 1%.

894 out of 899 ....that's nepotism and incompetence

Fair enough...What about Navy Flight School? Becoming a fighter pilot, landing on an aircraft carrier...Stupid people do not qualify to do that. I wasn't the most productive student when I was younger. It matters more how you perform your job.

Fair enough...What about Navy Flight School? Becoming a fighter pilot, landing on an aircraft carrier...Stupid people do not qualify to do that. I wasn't the most productive student when I was younger. It matters more how you perform your job.

True. On that note:

Crashing 5 jets and the USS Forrestal? No matter what happened to cause those mishaps, it does not look good about how one performs their job. Unsafe people more times than not seem to find themselves dogged by controversy. Mavericks and renegades tend to make unsafe or rash choices and decisions.

Sound familar? Just saying.

True. On that note:

Crashing 5 jets and the USS Forrestal? No matter what happened to cause those mishaps, it does not look good about how one performs their job. Unsafe people more times than not seem to find themselves dogged by controversy. Mavericks and renegades tend to make unsafe or rash choices and decisions.

Sound familar? Just saying

Hmmm...The Forrestal fire? Get real...The rocket hit his plane...What was he supposed to do? Jump out and grab it? Idiot.

Crashing 5 planes...First time I've heard that...Have you included getting shot down too? Any credible link to that?

Hmmm...The Forrestal fire? Get real...The rocket hit his plane...What was he supposed to do? Jump out and grab it? Idiot.

Crashing 5 planes...First time I've heard that...Have you included getting shot down too? Any credible link to that?

No need to call names. Like you said, it does matter how one performs their job. And like I said, controversy always seems to dog the unsafe.

Maybe it is just bad luck?

:thumbsup::wallbash:

McCain lost five U.S. Navy aircraft.

Navy pilot John Sidney McCain III should have never been allowed to graduate from the U.S. Navy flight school. He was a below average student and a lousy pilot. Had his father and grandfather not been famous four star U.S. Navy admirals, McCain III would have never been allowed in the cockpit of a military aircraft.

His father John S. "Junior" McCain was commander of U.S. forces in Europe later becoming commander of American forces in Vietnam while McCain III was being held prisoner of war. McCain III's grandfather John S. McCain, Sr. commanded naval aviation at the Battle of Okinawa in 1945.

During his relative short stunt on flight status, McCain III lost five U.S. Navy aircraft, four in accidents and one in combat.

Robert Timberg, author of The Nightingale's Song, a book about Annapolis graduates and their tours in Vietnam, wrote that McCain "learned to fly at Pensacola, though his performance was below par, at best good enough to get by. He liked flying, but didn't love it."

McCain III lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious by the impact coming to as the plane settled to the bottom.

McCain's second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. "Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula," Timberg wrote, "he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral."

McCain's third crash three occurred when he was returning from flying a Navy trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game.

Timberg reported that McCain radioed, "I've got a flameout" and went through standard relight procedures three times before ejecting at one thousand feet. McCain landed on a deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees.

McCain's fourth aircraft loss occurred July 29, 1967, soon after he was assigned to the USS Forrestal as an A-4 Skyhawk pilot. While seated in the cockpit of his aircraft waiting his turn for takeoff, an accidently fired rocket slammed into McCain's plane. He escaped from the burning aircraft, but the explosions that followed killed 134 sailors, destroyed at least 20 aircraft, and threatened to sink the ship.

McCain's fifth loss happened during his 23rd mission over North Vietnam on Oct. 26, 1967, when McCain's A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by a surface-to-air missile. McCain ejected from the plane breaking both arms and a leg in the process and subsequently parachuted into Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi.

McCain's running mate attended 5 colleges during that time at such amazing academic institutions as Matanuska-Susitna College, Hawaii Pacific University, North Idaho College, and then finally the University of Idaho.

Isn't the more important issue the one where she went to college? Actually tried to make herself better with the resources she had at the time? Stop the sillyness.

Yea..I read that from some anti-McCain site too...End tyranny or something...I said credible site. 4 and 5 on the list are known fact...Still have never heard of the first three before you posted it.

This site was:

Vietnam Vets Against John McCain

Lost Planes

Maybe not credible because of the commentary... But, I am assuming the timeline is factual.

Again... I am just saying that controversy seems to dog unsafe people more times than not. I don't know what the average aviator loses over a career?

Probably not factual or MSNBC and CNN would be making these points I'm sure. I remember when I was in the Navy the Forrestal fire was part of our fire fighting training. A horrible video to watch. McCain was waiting to take off..Definitly not his fault. As for being shot down..Maybe the Russian made SAM's were that good....Like the one's we'll face when we bomb Iran...especially if Russia sells them the S-400 Gargoyle system..We or the Isreali's will lose some pilots no matter how good their training and experience.

Probably not factual or MSNBC and CNN would be making these points I'm sure. I remember when I was in the Navy the Forrestal fire was part of our fire fighting training. A horrible video to watch. McCain was waiting to take off..Definitly not his fault. As for being shot down..Maybe the Russian made SAM's were that good....Like the one's we'll face when we bomb Iran...especially if Russia sells them the S-400 Gargoyle system..We or the Isreali's will lose some pilots no matter how good their training and experience.

It is a 527 Stealth PAC site, take it for what it is worth: :thumbsup:

About

Personally, no matter how factual, CNN or MSNBC would not have the balls to go here... People are just uninterested in the minutia.

Like you said... A lot of the commentary can be debated... But, there is basis to the factual timeline.

Sift through and be the judge of what is bull and what is not.

Zoom about Jerry Kiley:

Jerry Kiley

Jerry Kiley

Kiley is proud of his fourteen months' service in a U.S. Army communications center in support of combat troops in Vietnam.Nearly thirty years after the end of the war he continues support of those who came home from an unpopular war to an unappreciative nation, as well those who were left behind.

For three years Kiley was Communications Director for the National Vietnam Veterans Coalition and later served as vice-chair of the organization for an additional three years.He also served in board positions for "The Last Firebase", "Veterans of the Vietnam War" and "Homecoming II Project", each dedicated to obtaining freedom for U.S. prisoners of war who remained in captivity in Southeast Asia after the end of the war.

Kiley learned his take-no-prisoners style and his tenacity while growing up in the Bronx and attending Catholic high school in Harlem.He received national attention when he confronted a college basketball player on court by holding an American Flag in front of her after her refusal to face the Flag during the playing of the National Anthem.

He currently holds a management position with thirty-seven years' service for a multi-billion dollar New York company, in which capacity he served a term as president of a Northeastern Industry professional association.

Kiley has been married for thirty-three years, and is the father of two children.

I don't know that anybody has asked for Palin's records yet. But you are avoiding the real issue: much is made by the democrats of McCain's poor grades, which he readily admits to, yet Obama will not release his own. That is odd since it is constantly suggested that he was an academic star.

I would think that Harvard doesn't allow of dummies.

I would think that Harvard doesn't allow of dummies.
Nope but neither does the naval academy. Interesting tidbit on Harvard Law School...One of the professors is Alan Dershowitz...Yes of OJ trial fame....and one of his prized students...Eliot Spitzer...LOL.. Go Harvard!

https://www.law.harvard.edu/admissions/jd/p.../faculty/fac-12