How many years did it take you to get your Bachelor's?

JK2000

This site was:

Vietnam Vets Against John McCain

Lost Planes

Maybe not credible because of the commentary... But, I am assuming the timeline is factual.

Again... I am just saying that controversy seems to dog unsafe people more times than not. I don't know what the average aviator loses over a career?

Never mind that flying combat planes is inherently dangerous (particularly off carriers)...only the second demonstrates anything resembling bad judgement. A trainee crashing on landing practice, engine flame-out, shot down in combat...not exactly uncommon occurrences. And how is it his fault for sitting in a motionless plane when it was hit by an errant rocket? As criticisms go...it's silly. There's enough real issues to criticise him on without that nonsense.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, lets bash a Harvard education. You are smart.

In my experience, Ivy Leaguers tend to rise to the top because they are inherently more ambitious and well connected. I wouldn't say they are exceptionally smarter then the rest of us.

Also, i find it amusing that people criticize McCain for nepotism on one hand and then trumpet Harvard (a bastion of nepotism) in the same breath.

In my experience, Ivy Leaguers tend to rise to the top because they are inherently more ambitious and well connected. I wouldn't say they are exceptionally smarter then the rest of us.

Also, i find it amusing that people criticize McCain for nepotism on one hand and then trumpet Harvard (a bastion of nepotism) in the same breath.

Ok the difference is sometimes hard to tell, but nepotism is not the same thing than elitism.

I would think that Harvard doesn't allow of dummies.

Defining people as smart by the colleges they attend is almost (but not quite) as dumb as defining people as dumb for taking more than 4 years to get an undergrad degree. So you get silver to JK's gold in this thread.

I used it as a blanket term. Call it cronyism or whatever. It's all still about who you know. :thumbsup:

Well in one case (nepotism) you basically know the "good" people as soon as you're born, in an other (elitism) you know it once you graduate. Of course sometimes and often the ones who graduate from the "right" colleges were born in the "right" families so they make it work both ways... but there's still (and i know a couple of them) some guys coming from the middle classes who work their way to the top schools...

Fair enough...What about Navy Flight School? Becoming a fighter pilot, landing on an aircraft carrier...Stupid people do not qualify to do that. I wasn't the most productive student when I was younger. It matters more how you perform your job.

My point was really just pointing out how silly this whole thread is.......

Nuh uh. It's about how many years it took to graduate. That's the measure of intellect. Or how many colleges attended.

What's Palin's Wonderlic? [My Bud Abbot voice asks that question.]

Keep denying that Palin's academic history is at best shockingly mediocre, I love it. Just accept that your candidate chose a running mate who couldn't hack it at not one but two two-year vocational colleges. No wonder she is refusing to give any interviews!

Reporter- How would you handle Russia invading Georgia

Palin- Well this hockey mom would offer Putin some mooseburgers and if that doesn't work I'll just have "First Dude" talk to him!

Keep denying that Palin's academic history is at best shockingly mediocre, I love it. Just accept that your candidate chose a running mate who couldn't hack it at not one but two two-year vocational colleges. No wonder she is refusing to give any interviews!

Palin- Well this hockey mom would offer Putin some mooseburgers and if that doesn't work I'll just have "First Dude" talk to him!

Yeah, and then you know what Joe Biden would say to the same question????

Biden: "Well this hockey mom would offer Putin some mooseburgers and if that doesn't work I'll just have "First Dude" talk to him!"

:w00t::lol::w00t:

Nothing is this world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent

-Calvin Coolidge

-Calvin Coolidge

Ahhh that sage Calvin Coolidge. By anyone's definition not just the man on the century, but the man of the Millenium!

:w00t:

-Calvin Coolidge

Like a skinny, weak kid trying to make the football team each year? Persistence and determination might get him killed!

I like the rest of the quote, though. Although Mnny Ramirez might stand as a testiment to getting by on talent alone