Crowell now on IR

VABills

Rey Maualuga - even though he plays MLB, that guy is an animal and could play anywhere on my defense.

There was talk of poz playing outside. maybe that could happen, but do you want him calling the play and adjusting folks from the outside????

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always forget the NFL rules about IR. Does this end his season or can he come back in a few months?

He's gone for us. the bills can reach an injury settlement and release him, where he could sign with someone else, but he cannot play for the bills again this year.

I always forget the NFL rules about IR. Does this end his season or can he come back in a few months?

done for season. could play in post season if bills make it. putting him on IR to get a roster spot for a presumed 4 weeks means either a) injury is a lot worse and he would have missed most of season anyway, b) for whatever reason they have given up on him or c) both a and b.

This is crazy. There has to be a lot more to this story than we are hearing. I don't think the bills would have willingly placed him on IR for a 2-4 week rehab. Too short handed? Alright, bring on Buggs.

This is his contract year! This is going to potentially cost him millions. Its either he is going to be super pissed at the Bills and sign somewhere else, or sign on the cheap. Or, if he was smart, would demand to be released. This reminds me of what happened to Vincent.

Or, another way to look at it is that this is all Peters fault. That a s$ hole!

He's gone for us. the bills can reach an injury settlement and release him, where he could sign with someone else, but he cannot play for the bills again this year.

wow! after reading the other posts I would hope that the FO didn't do this as a reactionary measure against him opting for surgery late. We are trying to be competitive this year, and while the timing is bad for surgery I feel like RB is acting like a baby if that is true.

done for season. could play in post season if bills make it. putting him on IR to get a roster spot for a presumed 4 weeks means either a) injury is a lot worse and he would have missed most of season anyway, b) for whatever reason they have given up on him or c) both a and b.

I'm pretty sure IR is it. No post season no nothing.

This sucks. Even the most positive fan can't deny what the effects can be from 2 significant players being out of the lineup for potentially the whole year. And you want to respect the organization for being firm and no-nonsense but also respect , at least in Crowell's case, what a player feels is going on with his knee. Things like this can teeter a season from barely playoff-bound to more of the same mediocrity.

Don't panic my herniated friend...I think we may be jumping to conclusions on why this decision was made.

I think the Bills are seriously P.O.'d at Crowell for waiting this long to have surgery, especially 3 days before the season opener. Crowell missed the 1st pre-season game because of his knee, and I'm sure the Bills feel if he needed surgery, he should have done it when he knew he wasn't going to make the 1st pre-season game.

I was extremely optimistic going into the season, this puts a big damper on my optimism. :thumbsup:

I think the Bills are seriously P.O.'d at Crowell for waiting this long to have surgery, especially 3 days before the season opener. Crowell missed the 1st pre-season game because of his knee, and I'm sure the Bills feel if he needed surgery, he should have done it when he knew he wasn't going to make the 1st pre-season game.

I was extremely optimistic going into the season, this puts a big damper on my optimism. :thumbsup:

lose your most productive player on defense and your best olineman and only probowler, it's only natural to be concerned

wow! after reading the other posts I would hope that the FO didn't do this as a reactionary measure against him opting for surgery late. We are trying to be competitive this year, and while the timing is bad for surgery I feel like RB is acting like a baby if that is true.

AFAIK, the stadium is sold out. Management could prance and dance in pink tights down the streets of Black Rock every Saturday night as far as the receipts are concerned. :thumbsup:

And to think we let Coy Wire go. :thumbsup:

Ah, yes. How will history remember the Coy Wire era?

Actually, I always kinda felt sorry for the guy.

In 2003, after a good rookie season, he was primed to be the starting strong safety for us until just about this time before the regular season they go and sign Lawyer Milloy. Then, after we lost Milloy, we tell him, "Oh yeah, why don't you try LB on for size?". Gee, sorry that didn't work out for ya, Coy. Here's a pink slip for your trouble.

If he is only going to be out 2-3 weeks why are we putting him on the IR? Or was something else revealed showing the scope won't fix the problem?

There has to be more to this story. 2-4 weeks is not long enough to put him on IR. I'm sure DiGi or ellison could back that spot up in a pinch. They would do better than any scrub we can pick up at this point. They are keeping Fine, an unproven TE, on the roster for the same amount of time. Crowell is a good to very good player.

If our FO could be that vindictive, I'm going to lose alot of faith in their commitment to winning.

On the flip side---WTF is he thinking doing this now? I wonder if they told him he'd be IR if he had it done and he still did it?

Crap this has ruined my day.

There has to be more to this story. It surely doesn't sound right. It sounds petty, and can't sit well with the players either. This is a pretty big blow unfortunately. I'm not comfortable with Ellison starting the entire season. It's possible, however, that if Stroud and the DL can bust up the line, Ellison can use his speed to fill gaps and make tackles near the LOS.

This game is not about relationships it's about winning and to think that the Bills would jeopardize winning in order to prove a point is a bit of a reach IMO.

$$$ on the other hand is a different story.....but not out of spite.