Crowell out for Sunday's game...

ricojes

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna guess what's were drafting in the first round next year? I really like Crowell, but a knee injury in an older LB is something I'd pass on. Plus, Evans needs some of the money.

A defensive back, duh. At least that's what a handful of posters keep saying, so it must be true.

whatever. i would do the same thing as him if our management is going to be tightfisted. He's prob going to get it fixed, come back play 8-10 games...play very well..and say f- buffalo, i'm testing FA market. And then, once again, we are left looking to the draft to find a replacement starter. again. so we pick one in 1st round, pay him a ton, and the circle begins again. Crowell has been our one common theme the last several years on defense, and he is a playmaker - not an all star - but a playmaker on a team that has been crappy.

f the Bills front office, I cant deal with them anymore. I'd rather them move with a new owner so we can start keeping our good players instead of having george willsons, keith ellisons, josh reeds, etc etc be our core. You know there is no way in hell that in a perfect world Trent and ML become studs, that we will pay both of them - AND lee evans.

What makes you think the Bills were going to re-sign him? No team can retain all of their players, and every team needs to review who to keep and who to let go and LB's are easier to replace in the draft than other positions. I don't think Crowell is a difference maker, just a solid player. There's a salary cap that makes it hard to sign everyone, and if you paid attention to how teams remain competitive, it's not by throwing money at every veteran who plays OK for a few seasons.

As for the idea Crowell's getting the scope now because he didn't get a deal, where is the link to confirm this? The conspiracy theorists are alive and well again...and I thought it was bad when people thought Jason Peters was hiding in a darkened room.

What makes you think the Bills were going to re-sign him? No team can retain all of their players, and every team needs to review who to keep and who to let go and LB's are easier to replace in the draft than other positions. I don't think Crowell is a difference maker, just a solid player. There's a salary cap that makes it hard to sign everyone, and if you paid attention to how teams remain competitive, it's not by throwing money at every veteran who plays OK for a few seasons.

As for the idea Crowell's getting the scope now because he didn't get a deal, where is the link to confirm this? The conspiracy theorists are alive and well again...and I thought it was bad when people thought Jason Peters was hiding in a darkened room.

No link, just pure speculation on my part. I just find the timing very coincidental.

The Bills playing without Crowell is one of those scenarios that elicits a yawn. Crowell was going to be the 3rd best LB on the field regardless; I think Ellison can also fill that role.

Hmm...I don't get to see many Bills games - isn't Ellison a flyweight that gets flipped into the cheap seats by linemen and bounces off determined running backs? No? :thumbsup:

agreed with LB's being replaceable (although i was angry in the draft when we drafted Chris Ellis instead of Dan Conner). Crowell was by no means going to get a ton of $$ thrown at him (less than Mitchell for sure IMO), and this scenario could be spun 20 different ways, but say we do let him go, we will need to find a replacment starter (if we agree Ellison is not that guy). Do we do it through the draft in 1st round? If so, he'll be pricey...prob same cost as Crowell.

The thing that bothers me is the front office - the lack of communication or whatever. It baffles me that he's had this injury that needed to be scoped, yet went through all of preseason w/o much of a blip on the radar on an injury, and now week 1 he decideds to get it done and jauron is 'shocked'. If they werent going to re-sign him, tell him in the off season, so he gets it done, goes out and has a great year and that way he can sign a nice deal elsewhere. if we knew we werent going to re-sign him, what good does he do us on the sidelines this year....our 'playoff' year?

season needs to start already...i'm sick of reading, talking, and arguing about our front office issues.

Hmm...I don't get to see many Bills games - isn't Ellison a flyweight that gets flipped into the cheap seats by linemen and bounces off determined running backs? No? :thumbsup:

You're thinking of the Canadian chick that Marshawn ran down.

The Bills playing without Crowell is one of those scenarios that elicits a yawn. Crowell was going to be the 3rd best LB on the field regardless; I think Ellison can also fill that role.

i love all the enthusiasm about Poz, i love him to, but his last two (or 3?) football seasons he's been hurt. how do we know this guy can stay on the field more than half a season- if that?

He and Peters have some serious business together. They are going to sit around eating tweekies, and playing Madden. It's the only way either has any shot of making the playoffs.

In all seriousness, if the Bills were even mildly thinking of spending money on this guy instead of Evans, this pretty much closes the book on that one.

I am very disappointed in this player - this is the kind of thing I laugh at other teams when it happens...instead of having surgery when it is identified, they wait until right before the season so they can get paid for doing nothing.

Crowell will come back at some point and start as was planned - but then, this will be his last season as a Bill for this little stunt (especially after being caught out of position so many times last year).

Crowell has the most game-altering big play ability on defense. He'll definitely be missed. Ellison is 2nd string for a reason.

i love all the enthusiasm about Poz, i love him to, but his last two (or 3?) football seasons he's been hurt. how do we know this guy can stay on the field more than half a season- if that?

Agree. Traded UP to get him also.

Another reason I hate trading up, by the Bills anyhow.

If you're an elite team, fine, but the Bills are not nor have they been.

Hope he gets on the field soon and kicks some but.

:thumbsup:

I doubt they had any plans to resign Crowell. Crowell himself said there wasn't any talk between both camps.

When they took away Crowell's 'C' and gave it to Donte, I think the Bills plans for Crowell became very clear.

Yeah, there's no dropoff between Crowell and Ellison :thumbsup:

Honestly, I don't think the dropoff is as severe as you imply. I agree with eBall. Plus, Ellison looked SIGNIFICANTLY more bulked up during preaseaon- something that will bode well.

You guys rag on Ellison because he's tiny, but when I look at Poz, I see a very youthful frame that could also use some bulk. Not as badly as Ellison needed two years ago, but let's call a spade a spade.

Didn't Ellison miss most of last season too?