Crowell out for Sunday's game...

ricojes

This LB crew sucks. Mitchell is the real deal. But he aint god. POZ, as you have heard me post before on, is undersized and a chump. No disrespect to you fans who like him, but he is a weakling. Against small RBs he is effective. But I dont want my inside LB to be a panzie. He gets run over every play. Just an opinion, based on my criteria for the position. Now, outside of Mitchell, there is NO ONE AVAILABLE. Crowell was an average player -- as we know, but steady. Ellison is a strong safefty who looked terrible last season. There is no depth. I would like to see a trade. Get on the horn Russell, and snag a LB from somewhere fast or its going to be painful when we face ground games with big backs...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF Merriman is playing with some duct tape, two rubber bands, and a dab of super glue keeping his knee together. Cro decides to do this out of nowhere 3 days before the opener? Something seems weird about that.

Good point.

not a good point. the injuries may not be related. we have no idea what both are and there extent. more importantly, the bills should have added even more depth at lb. the injury to the draftie hurt - bowers, but still, they needed more depth and failed there. hopefully they can pickup some scubs who can tackle and then rely on our front rotation. our def. is on for a long year.

Good point.

not a good point. the injuries may not be related. we have no idea what both are and there extent. more importantly, the bills should have added even more depth at lb. the injury to the draftie hurt - bowers, but still, they needed more depth and failed there. hopefully they can pickup some scubs who can tackle and then rely on our front rotation. our def. is on for a long year.

Yes, it is a good point. I'll spell it out for you: Merriman made the decision to play on a shredded knee and is postponing surgery until after the season. Crowell surprised his coaching staff by waiting until 3 days before the start of the season to have his knee scoped. The good point, as it were, was that - as other posters have pointed out - there seems to be something weird about this Crowell situation.

But thanks for weighing in.

this is what you said was a good point: "WTF Merriman is playing with some duct tape, two rubber bands, and a dab of super glue keeping his knee together. Cro decides to do this out of nowhere 3 days before the opener? Something seems weird about that." remember?

nobody knows the extent of the injuries of both players. as such, the point that "Cro" did something wrong(as the poster you support has suggested and purported), and that because another Linebacker did something different about their KNEE injury (how meriman handled his injury v. crowell), is not related, or make sense. i see where your brain was going with it. you see a connetion between two NFL male humans who have knee injuries and are LINEBACKERS. indeed, they are both linebackers with knee injuries. carry on...

Yes, it is a good point. I'll spell it out for you: Merriman made the decision to play on a shredded knee and is postponing surgery until after the season. Crowell surprised his coaching staff by waiting until 3 days before the start of the season to have his knee scoped. The good point, as it were, was that - as other posters have pointed out - there seems to be something weird about this Crowell situation.

But thanks for weighing in.

this is what you said was a good point: "WTF Merriman is playing with some duct tape, two rubber bands, and a dab of super glue keeping his knee together. Cro decides to do this out of nowhere 3 days before the opener? Something seems weird about that." remember?

nobody knows the extent of the injuries of both players. as such, the point that "Cro" did something wrong(as the poster you support has suggested and purported), and that because another Linebacker did something different about their KNEE injury (how meriman handled his injury v. crowell), is not related, or make sense. i see where your brain was going with it. you see a connetion between two NFL male humans who have knee injuries and are LINEBACKERS. indeed, they are both linebackers with knee injuries. carry on...

Hmmm....I read it, agreed with it, and re-wrote it in my post. Yep, I seem to remember it. Your condescending, smartass comments in the second paragraph aside, you seem to have a couple serious flaws in either your logic or reading comprehension, so I'll try again.

"nobody knows the extent of the injuries of both players." Wrong. We know full well the extent of Merriman's injuries. Two torn ligaments and needs a knee reconstruction. Could be facing a career-threatening injury if he plays at all this year. LINK

LINK 2

I will grant that Crowell's injury is a little more ambiguous. It's been reported as a "chronic condition" but nothing concrete has been established. I'd bet it's not as serious as Merriman's shredded knee, though.

Bottom line - One linebacker (Merriman) has a very serious knee injury and is doing everything he can to be on the field this Sunday and for as much of the season as possible. Our linebacker has been dealing with a "chronic knee condition" for the last two training camps, but waits until 3 days before the season opener to surprise his coach with news of a surgery.

HERE'S THE GOOD POINT: one guy, dealing with an apparently much worse knee problem, is trying to be on the field, while our guy needs a scope but waits till three days before the opener to inform the head coach. SOMETHING SEEMS WEIRD ABOUT THAT.

I can see what a common mind would be thinking, when they read the post you agreed with. That is, there are two NFL linebackers who have knee injuries who both disclosed that they had such injuries before the season. Fans and the media were confused as to why disclosure of the injury took so long. The facts are that both guys had knee injuries that were known to both teams. Crowell never played all summer. I was at camp the entire time, he sat around giggling while others hit the pads. we dont know the damage in his knee. medically speaking, we don't how sever it is, etc. meriman's injury is in his knee. the extent or grade of the injury in unknown. a partial tear, small tear, large tear, etc had NEVER BEEN DIAGNOSED. so now we have tow guys, with all this said, who have knee injuries of some sort. the idea you support, that you got from another posters, is that Crowell should play -- ala Merriman. Based on what facts? Oyu agree with a point -- based on merriman playing? I say, not a good point, to state that the original posters made a good point. Think about what i have written. I think it is reasonable. i dont want to argue, but you are supporting a bad point and not a good point b/k there are no medical facts to back-it-up, only some arm-chair medical diagnosis...

Hmmm....I read it, agreed with it, and re-wrote it in my post. Yep, I seem to remember it. Your condescending, smartass comments in the second paragraph aside, you seem to have a couple serious flaws in either your logic or reading comprehension, so I'll try again.

"nobody knows the extent of the injuries of both players." Wrong. We know full well the extent of Merriman's injuries. Two torn ligaments and needs a knee reconstruction. Could be facing a career-threatening injury if he plays at all this year. LINK

LINK 2

I will grant that Crowell's injury is a little more ambiguous. It's been reported as a "chronic condition" but nothing concrete has been established. I'd bet it's not as serious as Merriman's shredded knee, though.

Bottom line - One linebacker (Merriman) has a very serious knee injury and is doing everything he can to be on the field this Sunday and for as much of the season as possible. Our linebacker has been dealing with a "chronic knee condition" for the last two training camps, but waits until 3 days before the season opener to surprise his coach with news of a surgery.

HERE'S THE GOOD POINT: one guy, dealing with an apparently much worse knee problem, is trying to be on the field, while our guy needs a scope but waits till three days before the opener to inform the head coach. SOMETHING SEEMS WEIRD ABOUT THAT.

I can see what a common mind would be thinking, when they read the post you agreed with. That is, there are two NFL linebackers who have knee injuries who both disclosed that they had such injuries before the season. Fans and the media were confused as to why disclosure of the injury took so long. The facts are that both guys had knee injuries that were known to both teams. Crowell never played all summer. I was at camp the entire time, he sat around giggling while others hit the pads. we dont know the damage in his knee. medically speaking, we don't how sever it is, etc. meriman's injury is in his knee. the extent or grade of the injury in unknown. a partial tear, small tear, large tear, etc had NEVER BEEN DIAGNOSED. so now we have tow guys, with all this said, who have knee injuries of some sort. the idea you support, that you got from another posters, is that Crowell should play -- ala Merriman. Based on what facts? Oyu agree with a point -- based on merriman playing? I say, not a good point, to state that the original posters made a good point. Think about what i have written. I think it is reasonable. i dont want to argue, but you are supporting a bad point and not a good point b/k there are no medical facts to back-it-up, only some arm-chair medical diagnosis...

He never said Crowell should play because Merriman is playing. He simply stated that it's a little unusual if Crowell had this ongoing chronic condition, that he waited until 3 days before the opener to decide to have it fixed.

nothing more, nothing less was said

He never said Crowell should play because Merriman is playing. He simply stated that it's a little unusual if Crowell had this ongoing chronic condition, that he waited until 3 days before the opener to decide to have it fixed.

Yup.

Of course it doesn't mean that people won't read that and come away thinking that something else has been written.

Yup.

Of course it doesn't mean that people won't read that and come away thinking that something else has been written.

Exactly. I never said that Crowell should be playing or not. I just said that considering how badly shredded Merriman's knee is and how he was doing everything he could to play, and that with a vague knee condition Crowell seems to essentially be trying to get off the field, the Crowell situation does seem weird.

I really thought that capitalizing the part I agreed with -- again, simply that SOMETHING IS WEIRD with the Crowell situation -- would have been plain enough. Guess I should have written it in crayon.