What Gives!?

The Big Cat

Why does it seem like I'm the only one who thinks we're going to destroy the Seahawks? Provided everyone stays healthy, our defense should chew them up and spit them out! I'm thinking the defense and special teams give us a 14 point boost in this one. If McKelvin is back there returning KO's, I EXPECT to see him take on to the house. Just a hunch, I've had one everytime he's had a good return, and never had one when they were only so-so.

I'll agree that the offense will have an uphill battle, but I think they're good for at least one TD and probably a handful of FG's, let's say 3.

So there you have it. I'm confident we'll put up 30 points to Seattles' 6. There's NO way they find the endzone, they'll get one FG to get on the board JUST before halftime, and then get another one sometime in the third quarter. The fourth quarter will be a sh-tshow since they'll be playing from 2+TD's behind. During this time of desperation we'll get a pick to the house, mark my words.

Final Score:

Buffalo 30

Seattle 6

:thumbsup:

Why does it seem like I'm the only one who thinks we're going to destroy the Seahawks? Provided everyone stays healthy, our defense should chew them up and spit them out! I'm thinking the defense and special teams give us a 14 point boost in this one. If McKelvin is back there returning KO's, I EXPECT to see him take on to the house. Just a hunch, I've had one everytime he's had a good return, and never had one when they were only so-so.

I'll agree that the offense will have an uphill battle, but I think they're good for at least one TD and probably a handful of FG's, let's say 3.

So there you have it. I'm confident we'll put up 30 points to Seattles' 6. There's NO way they find the endzone, they'll get one FG to get on the board JUST before halftime, and then get another one sometime in the third quarter. The fourth quarter will be a sh-tshow since they'll be playing from 2+TD's behind. During this time of desperation we'll get a pick to the house, mark my words.

Final Score:

Buffalo 30

Seattle 6

Spoken like a man after my own heart, Big Cat...

Link

Final Score:

Buffalo 30

Seattle 6

How can you be confident thinking our defense and special teams will score 14 points for us? Thats "retardedly" ignorant.

How can you be confident thinking our defense and special teams will score 14 points for us? Thats "retardedly" ignorant.

Because I think there'll be some miscues with their inexperienced receivers which will result in at least one pick six. Plus, I've always liked McKelvin's edge and I think he has something to prove.

Because I think there'll be some miscues with their inexperienced receivers which will result in at least one pick six. Plus, I've always liked McKelvin's edge and I think he has something to prove.

I understand, but I think to rely on the defense and count on them for points is holding the bar a little too high.

I hope your right but 14 d/st pts is a lot, I wouldn't count on it. However, I do think this will be a defensive battle and Buffalo's special teams advantage will be a big reason that they will pull out the W.

I agree, however, somewhat cautious due to the conservative nature of Dick Jauron.. A good old fashion "bird beating" would be a great start to the season and could send a message to Jason Peters.

I like the Bills chances Sunday given that the Seahawks have several starters out. I expect Dick to deploy a very careful game plan with Turk throwing in a few wrinkles. The Bills secondary should have a very favorable matchup against the Seahawks receivers who are very inexperienced.

I haven't seen anyone say we can't beat the Seahawks. I think the Seahawks will be a good test for our improved Defense and Offense. It will give an indication as to where we will stand for the rest of the season.

On realfootball365.com, there's a comment section after the article. There are a few there that think we will lose, and we'll finish 7-9 - 8-8.

I think we'll win 31-13, and we'll destroy the NFC West again like we did 4 years ago.

Between our defense scoring and our ST points, thats essentially how we won all our games last year!...im not saying its gonna happen....but its not entirely unrealistic

Where do you get your info?

We scored a total of 5 TD's from defense and special teams last year. 4 of those 5 TD's came in games where we lost. The only TD our defense and ST scored in a game we won was in a blowout against Miami, where the extra TD was unnecessary in a 38-17 win. We certainly did not win by our defense and special teams scoring points last year.

Even if you were right, that's not even what I was saying. Lets say we "won most of our games" that way last year. To predict that our defense or special teams will score us points before the game starts is kind of ignorant.

do you think mclovin will get to return any this weekend?

I'll be happy with an injury-free win of any description.

I'll second that!

Although I believe a blowout is unlikely, there are enough factors pointing in the Bills direction that should give them the edge in this one.

Here's to getting the season off to a good start!!! :thumbsup:

Doesn't Seattle have a reasonably good defense? I'm not ready to start thinking that the 30th ranked offense minus it's only pro bowler is going to start putting up shoot-out type numbers on anyone.

Hopefully the defense will keep the Bills in the game, but last I checked Seattle has a pretty good QB, even if his supporting cast isn't at the level it was a few seasons ago.

I think the odds of this being an 'easy' win are pretty small. Hope I'm wrong.

Doesn't Seattle have a reasonably good defense? I'm not ready to start thinking that the 30th ranked offense minus it's only pro bowler is going to start putting up shoot-out type numbers on anyone.

Hopefully the defense will keep the Bills in the game, but last I checked Seattle has a pretty good QB, even if his supporting cast isn't at the level it was a few seasons ago.

I think the odds of this being an 'easy' win are pretty small. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. The "fan adrenalin" for the opener to the season is blinding most people. Their defense is good, very good. The have a very good offensive line and should have a very good running game with the additions of Julius Jones and TJ Duckett. I don't see our offense doing much on Sunday.