final cuts are in

dilliards

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILLS RELEASE 22 PLAYERS

ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Bills today released the following 22 players.

TE COURTNEY ANDERSON

LB JON BANKS

LB MARCUS BUGGS

LB BLAKE COSTANZO

OL DUSTIN DICKINSON

OL PATRICK ESTES

FB JONATHAN EVANS

OL ROBERT FELTON

CB DUSTIN FOX

OL CHRISTIAN GADDIS

RB BRUCE HALL

WR FELTON HUGGINS

CB WILL JAMES

DL JASON JEFFERSON

DL DERRICK JONES

DL COREY MACE

TE TIM MASSAQUOI

WR SCOTT MAYLE

OL NEVIN McCASKILL

DL TERAZ McCRAY

LB DONNIE SPRAGAN

RB DWAYNE WRIGHT

The Bills roster now stands at the mandatory 53 players.

After 12 noon tomorrow, Sunday, August 31, NFL clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an accrued season of free-agency credit or who were on the 45-Player Active List for less than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). A player cannot participate on the Practice Squad for more than three seasons.

Regarding the TE's (from the article linked):

Surprisingly the coaching staff carried just three tight ends on the roster including the injured Derek Fine and Derek Schouman. Both Fine and Schouman are questionable at best for the opener with no firm timetable on a return for either.

Now the question is, who gets the boot when Peters reports? Hamden? Preston? Chamberlain? Bryan?

huh? chamberlain?

It'd be Copeland Bryan - numbers on the DL.

We'll need Hamdan so we'll have a second guy who has been in the system next year when JP is gone.

Still, they very likely are going to keep three TEs on the roster, especially with only one FB.

Yeah. Murphy will either be put on IR or PUP list, that frees up a spot. Fine could also be put on the PUP list if they think he will be out the first 6 weeks, that would be two spots for them to add another TE or OL.

I was a little surprised that Anderson & Massaquoi both got cut, with the injuries to Schouman & Fine. I was hoping Anderson would have been used as an extra red-zone threat, with him being 6'7", 270lbs, but I didn't even hear his name called during the pre-season.

I heard rumors that Peters might show up Monday, it wouldn't surprise me. With training camp, pre-season and the final cuts being completed, he has no reason not to show up mow. I'd be surprised if he didn't show up by next Sunday. Even if Peters shows up this week, I don't think he'll start at LT, maybe work him in at some point, but that's it.

Congrats to Steve Johnson. He could develop into a player. Omon showed me some talent, too, although it's impossible to tell if he can run and block like that with any consistency against starters with real bullets. Huge kudos to Corto for making the team, at least for now.

I'm glad Johnson & Omon made the team. Johnson was catching everything thrown to him, plus he has good size. Hopefully, he'll make an impact this year.

Yeah. Murphy will either be put on IR or PUP list, that frees up a spot. Fine could also be put on the PUP list if they think he will be out the first 6 weeks, that would be two spots for them to add another TE or OL.

Murphy and/or Fine aren't eligible to go on the PUP.

I was dissappointed Buggs didn't make it, i was really rooting for him and well the signing of Will James definitely did not work out as planned ohh well i hope all the right decisions were made.

I don't think Buffalo could look ahead and forsee two rookie CB's playing so well.

Congrats to Steve Johnson. He could develop into a player. Omon showed me some talent, too, although it's impossible to tell if he can run and block like that with any consistency against starters with real bullets. Huge kudos to Corto for making the team, at least for now.

Omon making the team really speaks volumes about Wright's commitment to the game. Jauron called him out last year and I guess it didn't help much. I'm really glad Johnson made the team too. At 6'1" he brings a little more size to the receiving corp.