Dubai is going to out-do itself again

DrDawkinstein

Already thought of before.

When I was at UB in the late 70s the Rectum (Spectrum) had articles about designs for the Amherst campus that were not used. One was to make the whole campus a giant step pyramid with the office of head of the University on the top. It gained traction until they did calculations that it would sink in the ground. The Amherst campus was a swamp. That's how the state got so much land so easily.

It gained traction until they did calculations that it would sink in the ground. The Amherst campus was a swamp.

"Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest castle in these islands."

Already thought of before.

When I was at UB in the late 70s the Rectum (Spectrum) had articles about designs for the Amherst campus that were not used. One was to make the whole campus a giant step pyramid with the office of head of the University on the top. It gained traction until they did calculations that it would sink in the ground. The Amherst campus was a swamp. That's how the state got so much land so easily.

Actually the land was owned by a patron of Governor Rockefeller. That's why UB was built in a swamp and not in downtown Buffalo.

PTR

Makes me sad that they are doing sh-- there that we should be doing here. Phuking oil sh--. Need to get off that addiction asap. F them

We will once our governments (North America) stop catering to oil lobbyists and let the bright minds of the world develop new methods for energy. You think we're dependent on oil because we haven't figured out anything better yet?

We will once our governments (North America) stop catering to oil lobbyists and let the bright minds of the world develop new methods for energy. You think we're dependent on oil because we haven't figured out anything better yet?

We havent built a nukeplant in 30 years and we havent increased oil drilling in decades.Those are 2 pretty good reasons why we are dependent on foreign oil. If we had more nuke plants we wouldnt be wasting so much natural gas on power plants..the natural gas could be used to power our fleets of vehicles. Other fuels for our cars..thats down the road...but natural gas is a great alternative to foreign oil.....and its abundant in the usa.