Game thread -- 8/24

KD in CA

Also would like to say that while Losman has had some nice throws, I have seen enough to remember why he can't be our starter...

way too many of the completed throws off target forcing the receivers to either slow down, adjust or come to a complete stop to get the ball caught instead of putting it where they can continue in stride while catching the pass...

the worst was the Lynch throw where instead of getting 4 or 5 yards he ended up losing 4 yards because he had to jump and and turn around to catch teh ball, landing at a dead stop and giving the DB plenty of time to get up the field and make the play. The pass to Jenkins over the middle to convert a 3rd down was pretty bad too...the guy was wide open and he threw high and behind him and only a nice spinning catch by Jenkins resulted in a first down catch...he is looking pretty decent tho...definitely seems to be getting rid of the ball quicker, but just doesn't seem to be able to put the ball where its needed to help get some serious YAC...

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For a team who didn't score on any drive at the end of a half, it seems very strange that the Bills would just pack it in when they could have gotten some much needed work on their 2 minute drill...I mean lets face it...these guys aren't exactly the early 90 Bills in terms of scoring...

Not sure why Jauron would be so conservative in a game that means nothing...he is coaching like he would during the regular season when up by 17 at the half and not in a preseason game...

Anyways, just a little surprised they didn't try and run some plays to see how they did...

I wouldn't worry to much..your not seeing all the starters anyways....even if they ran the 2 min drill who's to say it would be the same as when TE is playing?..by the way I changed my sig and got rid of wright for Omon...hes looking good out there tonight

For a team who didn't score on any drive at the end of a half, it seems very strange that the Bills would just pack it in when they could have gotten some much needed work on their 2 minute drill...I mean lets face it...these guys aren't exactly the early 90 Bills in terms of scoring...

Not sure why Jauron would be so conservative in a game that means nothing...he is coaching like he would during the regular season when up by 17 at the half and not in a preseason game...

Anyways, just a little surprised they didn't try and run some plays to see how they did...

That WAS our two minute drill.

i'm liking these draws out of the spread formation.. geezus fairchild sucked as an OC

I am not sure that one is all that new, didn't Lynch score a few tds last year on draws? I know he had one against the broncos...but yeah, this is night and day play calling from last year

Also would like to say that while Losman has had some nice throws, I have seen enough to remember why he can't be our starter...

way too many of the completed throws off target forcing the receivers to either slow down, adjust or come to a complete stop to get the ball caught instead of putting it where they can continue in stride while catching the pass...

the worst was the Lynch throw where instead of getting 4 or 5 yards he ended up losing 4 yards because he had to jump and and turn around to catch teh ball, landing at a dead stop and giving the DB plenty of time to get up the field and make the play. The pass to Jenkins over the middle to convert a 3rd down was pretty bad too...the guy was wide open and he threw high and behind him and only a nice spinning catch by Jenkins resulted in a first down catch...he is looking pretty decent tho...definitely seems to be getting rid of the ball quicker, but just doesn't seem to be able to put the ball where its needed to help get some serious YAC...

He looked good your nitpicking. and I am not a lossman supporter.

That WAS our two minute drill.

ROFL....sad but too often true...perhaps thats why they couldn't score at the end of any half last year....too many times of the QB going to a knee to end it or a few runs up the middle by Lynch or Jackson...

He looked good your nitpicking. and I am not a lossman supporter.

I agree he looked pretty good...I am just saying that over the course of a season those type of throws end up killing the team and stopping drives when they happen 8-10 times per game...

I am not sure that one is all that new, didn't Lynch score a few tds last year on draws? I know he had one against the broncos...but yeah, this is night and day play calling from last year

I agree...I think I have already seen more new formations this year than I have the past 2 or 3 years combined...I especially liked the 3 WR with the 2 staggered RBs in the backfield formation on 3rd down that resulted in Jenkins catching a crossing pattern for a first down on...

A couple of notes. A) Losman also had many passes that were pinpoint on in the first half. B) It's been argued by many that Edwards is better at leading his receivers on short throws than Losman, leading to more yards after the catch. However, the statistics from last year showed that Losman and Edwards average Yards/Completion were nearly identical while Losman's completion percentage was SIGNIFICANTLY higher on passes throw 10 yards or less down field (I.E. The short one, timing patterns). Perception is an interesting thing.

can someone play with a broken forearm?

doubtful if you are referring to Walker...if he was in the secondary maybe. I believe even a few RBs have tried to play with a cast on their arm as well, but I just can't see him playing on the OL going up against 285-300+ lb lineman every play trying to block with one arm...

If it is indeed a broken arm that is a really bad break for him and the Bills...no pun intended...

Advantage Peters...