Still no pass rush

This going to kill us bigtime. Nuff said. :D

Haven't you heard that you're not allowed to make any judgements on this team after 1 preseason game. I think it's State Law. Any problems that are perceived will magically disappear on opening day. :D

This going to kill us bigtime. Nuff said. :D

Tell me about all the preseason opener's you've watched where the Bills tip their hand about their rush schemes and blitzes.

BTW, the Bills have recorded 9 regular season opening game sacks over the past three years...

How can so many people be so blind after so many horrible non playoff years????????????????????????????????????????

With that attituded, you'll fit right in with Adam, 1billsfan, BLZFAN4LIFE, and many others here, that's for sure. I do agree that the Bills do not have great DE's, the most overpaid maybe a little extreme though. But having no pass rush in the first pre-season game isn't the end of the season. I don't think the Bills blitzed once, so let's wait just a little longer before we label this team DOOOOOMED...

Honestly, this has little to do with the pre-season game. I've been on these guys for some time now. The Bills need a serious upgrade.

Well it's not going to happen now, you'll have to wait until the offseason for an "upgrade". This team is still a work in progress, but they have come a long way from the last couple years. Still not perfect, but I think they can surpise some people this year. They are close to being a playoff team, but far from a SB contender. We are stuck with what we have for this year, so let's cheer for what we have and not what we want...GO BILLS!

In probably less than a quarter of play, Kelsay would have had a sack but was blatantly held as he went past his man, and they called it, moving it back ten yards. Plus he had a tipped ball at the LOS which resulted in an incompletion. He wasn't horrible at all.

Well now I can sleep...thanks. Listen, I'm not pinning this on the DE's alone but how can we be satisfied with a decade of losing? Philosophies need to be changed at One Bills Drive as well as players and coaches.

In probably less than a quarter of play, Kelsay would have had a sack but was blatantly held as he went past his man, and they called it, moving it back ten yards. Plus he had a tipped ball at the LOS which resulted in an incompletion. He wasn't horrible at all.

I actually saw a few blatant holds that were not called. May be a bit of homer, but I rewound and saw a couple nice take downs. The Kelsay hold was finally called after a couple went uncalled. Kelsay did play well...

Ok guys Aaron Schobel isn't overpaid...he is a premier defensive end that just had a bad year last year so just stop with that nonsense....and i know Kelsey may not be one of the best DE's but i think this could be the year he busts out because he is looking like he is quicker and he almost had a sack last game but was HELD what do you want the man to do just get off their backs its 1 PRESEASON GAME ohh and by the way our 3rd round draft pick CHRIS ELLIS had a SACK soo SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH all we do here is complain lets support our team all the way to the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now I can sleep...thanks. Listen, I'm not pinning this on the DE's alone but how can we be satisfied with a decade of losing? Philosophies need to be changed at One Bills Drive as well as players and coaches.

Perhaps. But what does that have to do with someone saying we had no pass rush and me posting that actually in a short period, Kelsay had a decent pass rush. You want to respond to every single post that philosophies have to change (which they have by the way) at OBD and that we have had a decade of losing?

Ok I didn't get the benefit of an up close view, because I was at the game. But, what I DID see was the WAS had ALL DAY to throw the ball and was opening pretty big holes for the rushing game. I was kinda disappointed in the D.

Our starting D did not allow to score.....and they only played one series.....

What did bother me though was the GAPING areas that Washington ran through off tackle.....and mean the hole was HUGE.

WTF happened there....it was like the DT and DE on that side of the field were not even there. This was after the 1st string D came off the field

God...as much as I'm accustomed to the idiocracy of SOME Buffalo sports fans, I'm even shocked to see the negativity that's sparked from 1 preseason game, where the starters played for half of the first quarter...and some even less.

Last I'm going to say about the matter, but J.P. has had 4 years now to show us something...and aside from a few long balls to Evans, I haven't seen a thing from him that gives me confidence that he can bring this team to the promised land. Edwards showed A LOT of poise and intelligence last year, while only appearing in just over half the games...and when you talk with people that know football, particularly at the NFL level, the potential is more than obvious.

If you want to dwell on whats REALLY negative here, you should be worrying about Jason Peters more than anything.

God...as much as I'm accustomed to the idiocracy of SOME Buffalo sports fans, I'm even shocked to see the negativity that's sparked from 1 preseason game, where the starters played for half of the first quarter...and some even less.

Last I'm going to say about the matter, but J.P. has had 4 years now to show us something...and aside from a few long balls to Evans, I haven't seen a thing from him that gives me confidence that he can bring this team to the promised land. Edwards showed A LOT of poise and intelligence last year, while only appearing in just over half the games...and when you talk with people that know football, particularly at the NFL level, the potential is more than obvious.

If you want to dwell on whats REALLY negative here, you should be worrying about Jason Peters more than anything.

Whoops...think I posted this under the wrong thread :huh: That should spark some controversy about my intelligence now too!

Our starting D did not allow to score.....and they only played one series.....

What did bother me though was the GAPING areas that Washington ran through off tackle.....and mean the hole was HUGE.

WTF happened there....it was like the DT and DE on that side of the field were not even there. This was after the 1st string D came off the field

WAS's 16-play drive to end the 4th wasn't pleasing. Scrubs vs. scrubs, yes. After 8 plays or so getting reamed on the ground, I would have liked to have seen one of ours show some moxie and get a personal foul for a flagrant elbow or some such.

Schobel and Kelsey are most overpaid DE's the NFL. They are not starting DE's. When will everyone including the Bill's realize this.

:huh:

I can name 31 other teams that would gladly take the starting services of one Aaron Schobel. But you're right. a 10 sack per year DE doesnt deserve to start.

Haven't you heard that you're not allowed to make any judgements on this team after 1 preseason game. I think it's State Law. Any problems that are perceived will magically disappear on opening day. :huh:

There is absolutely no correlation between a team's preseason performance and its regular season performance. Anyone who thinks otherwise is misinformed.

There is absolutely no correlation between a team's preseason performance and its regular season performance. Anyone who thinks otherwise is misinformed.

There have been teams that win none, yet have a successful regular season. As well as the opposite. Clubs have been known to make an effort to win PS games to influence the regular season gate.

And there are many clubs that over the 4 games display this or that flaw in strategy - however watered down, or player's performance which spills over into the regular season.

Don't dismiss pre-season results out of hand. WAS's 16-play drive at the end of Saturday's game - scrub vs. scrub - was educational.

I've been anti-kelsay since we drafted the guy. He makes plays few and far between, and hasn't really shown an ability as an edge rusher. I still think he would be best served in a reserve de role. However going strictly by 1 preseason game. I had heard how horrible he was, and he was anything but. He seemed to consistently apply pressure, and manage to be around the football. Hopefully he keeps that up. I'd still like to see Chris Ellis be that edge rusher we sorely lack.

Haven't you heard that you're not allowed to make any judgements on this team after 1 preseason game. I think it's State Law. Any problems that are perceived will magically disappear on opening day. :lol:

That is F'n hillarious brother. Well put, well put!! :wallbash:

Schobel=Overrated

Kelsay=Straight sucks and Overpaid

Williams=OMG! How much did we pay for him :wallbash:

Stroud=We'll see.

All that equals a very sorry defensive line :lol:

Thanks for your insights. The board has been waiting for this kind of clear-eyed analysis for many years...