Forbes: Buffalo among 'fastest-dying' cities in US

No, you don't say so? Must be all those evil taxes? Wait, I pay more here in Illinois and things seem to be cruising along economicially... Well If you want to say "cruising"... Which means viable.

I will get it out of my system early. :D

Taxes=boogeyman

It is like the real estate people say:

"Location, location, location."

:cry::D

I used to live in Charleston WV. Very interesting place. Actually very beautiful in parts. But what I recall is the chemical smell. There are several large chemical plants nearby along the Kanawha River and the smell just hangs in the valley. One plant, Union Carbide, makes the same crap that killed people in Bhopal, India. And there is a college right next door! West Virginia State U. I swear you have to wear a gas mask on campus the smell is so bad. I had to drive to work by that plant and I learned to hold my breath for two minutes.

PTR

The real deal is: secretly the Buffalo area is a great place to live. The overall cost of living is very low. My house would be worth 500K if i picked up and moved it to say Boston. So, I'm sticking for now. Till the Bills and Sabres move at least.

No, you don't say so? Must be all those evil taxes? Wait, I pay more here in Illinois and things seem to be cruising along economicially... Well If you want to say "cruising"... Which means viable.

I will get it out of my system early. :blink:

Taxes=boogeyman

:cry::D

Look EII, I don't want to ridicule you, I can do that on the PP&P board :D , but if you think high taxes have no effect on the economy in WNY you're fooling yourself. Buffalo is a nice place to live, but unless the leaders and citizens of the area radically change the status quo there nothing will change and the area will continue to die.

It is unfortunate since it is my hometown and most of my family still live there, but as the saying goes- It is what it is...

Look EII, I don't want to ridicule you, I can do that on the PP&P board :thumbsup: , but if you think high taxes have no effect on the economy in WNY you're fooling yourself. Buffalo is a nice place to live, but unless the leaders and citizens of the area radically change the status quo there nothing will change and the area will continue to die.

It is unfortunate since it is my hometown and most of my family still live there, but as the saying goes- It is what it is...

Buffalo is a great example that you can only tax business so much before they leave. Anyone wonder why businesses are leaving the US?

Look EII, I don't want to ridicule you, I can do that on the PP&P board :( , but if you think high taxes have no effect on the economy in WNY you're fooling yourself. Buffalo is a nice place to live, but unless the leaders and citizens of the area radically change the status quo there nothing will change and the area will continue to die.

My old house in Buffalo would be an estate in San Diego and sell accordingly :thumbsup:

California is in a typical NYS (tax) meltdown and can only look at one thing - more taxes - too bad Prop 13 doesn't allow that - takes a 2/3 vote out here

Too late for NYS to take such action - the Proposition avenue available in California dates way back

Intsead here - they fee you to death

Keep raising taxes, fines, fees, and tolls. If NY politicians could do it, they would tax every breath you take.

But wait, the savior Hillary Clinton is going to make good on all of her campaign promises any day now, Right?

Her original campaign promise was that Western New York would get "sick & tired" of seeing her (visiting)

Bingo ! :thumbsup:

I will get it out of my system early. <_<

Taxes=boogeyman

:thumbsup::(

Bull. Chicago continues to exist because of the Exchange that is there - if it weren't it'd have hit the crapper too. Taxes are a huge part of what has killed Buffalo.

Bull. Chicago continues to exist because of the Exchange that is there - if it weren't it'd have hit the crapper too. Taxes are a huge part of what has killed Buffalo.

Come on Darin, it's the Chicago Bulls! why do you have to get things backwards all the time? :thumbsup: