Farve has become a total drama queen

seq004

My favorite part of the article was when he compared Pillhead to the greatest QB in Packers history, the superb Bart Starr.

It is a sign of the times. If there was the media coverage of sports during the "good ol' days" every legendary player would be overrated...Jim Brown would be nothing, but a B word slapping loser...I guess I am kind of naive...I still like believing that some of the guys we watch now are some of the best ever. But we can tear everyone down...nobody is immune...except maybe the super amazing stud "athlete" of all time, Tiger Woods...that will pass too....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I agree. Most are praising him now, but, in the last few years, it became very trendy to say "he isn't that good, overrated", point out that he has the record for ints'....even when this story first broke, about Favre wanting to come back, the first few days, it seemed most were very anti-Favre...when the callers started getting on that "just leave us alone Brett" bandwagon, the tune changed for a lot of them.

It coud be that they just need to be contrary to their listeners, or, it could be that they just came to their senses and realized what a monumental blunder the Packers are making. I did notice that nearly every ex-player I heard comment on it was of the opinion "if Brett Favre wants to play", he should play...no questions asked.

If the Packers are worried about Favre's "mindset", or that he is not good for the team right now, they fugged this up in the worst way. His trade value is plummeting, and, no matter what happens now, the 2008 Green Bay Packers season will be marred by this...I think Rodgers is toast in Green Bay. He was being booed by fans at a friggin intersquad scrimmage the other night. If the Packers had an owner (this is one instance where I think their unique set up in the NFL is really hurting them), I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson and maybe McCarthy were shown the door during this training camp.

This would be like the Celtics shoving Larry Bird out the door...maybe even worse. It may sound corny, but I am truly saddened by this whole thing. Not even a big Packers fan (I like them mainly because of Favre), and I am not giving Favre a pass in this whole thing, he has been like a little chatty shcool girl, trying to percipitate his exit from Green Bay. Not very manly...but in the end, it is the players and the game that we love, not the business decisions made by old men with egos... :cry:

Repeat after me: 11 playoff appearances in 16 seasons; 1 losing season in 16 seasons; the TD record; the yardage record; numerous seasons with @ 30 tds, 4000 yards, and a 90+ QB rating; 1 Super Bowl victory (where he should have gotten the MVP); and not one missed start in 16 seasons. And this for a team that was a two-decade long doormat before he arrived.

What was the Bills' QB record in that time span?

Repeat after me: 11 playoff appearances in 16 seasons; 1 losing season in 16 seasons; the TD record; the yardage record; numerous seasons with @ 30 tds, 4000 yards, and a 90+ QB rating; 1 Super Bowl victory (where he should have gotten the MVP); and not one missed start in 16 seasons. And this for a team that was a two-decade long doormat before he arrived.

What was the Bills' QB record in that time span?

I think we agree? :cry:

The detractors will trump this by saying yeah, but he has all those interceptions...they don't get it...

The Packers were the ultimate dregs of the leauge the 25 years before Favre got there. And people around here think Doug Flutie saved the Bills...Lou Saban used to threaten his Bills players that he would ship them off to Green Bay, if they didn't play better...Favre made Green Bay an NFL destination, rather than a joke...

It is a sign of the times. If there was the media coverage of sports during the "good ol' days" every legendary player would be overrated...Jim Brown would be nothing, but a B word slapping loser...I guess I am kind of naive...I still like believing that some of the guys we watch now are some of the best ever. But we can tear everyone down...nobody is immune...except maybe the super amazing stud "athlete" of all time, Tiger Woods...that will pass too....
To me, out of all the NFL players currently in the league, Ray Lewis (not now, but in his prime) is the only player that really stands out to me as one of the very, very top all-time greats, well maybe also Adam Vinatierti lol. I would've also included Tom Brady, but even he is suspect in my eyes after Spygate. Not saying that any of today's players aren't HOF-worthy (including Favre)... just don't think they can touch the very best in history. Maybe like you say, it is indeed a sign of the times. Athletes, political figures, actors + actresses.... this sure isn't a good time to be famous. :cry:

The Packers screwed up big time in my opinion. I don't understand why they didn't just release him. I think after 17 years, numerous playoff appearances, super bowls, profit from his name and number that he has earned a release. Especially if they don't want him anymore. I understand they are scared he would end up in their division and it would be a nightmare if the team he showed up on beat the packers. But the message they are giving their team is that "sorry you can't beat Brett Favre".

I hope the Packers miss the playoffs. They have a superbowl team in my opinion and they won't get there with Rodgers. Rodgers will probably get hurt in the first game anyway.

I feel for the Packer fans. They've been on a roller coaster ride the past month only to have their hearts ripped out at the last minute. Yesterday the news was that there would be an open competition and today that Favre is a goner. As a Bills fan I know all about thinking things are going to go my way only to get B word slapped at the last minute – it’s not a pleasant feeling. Sucks to be a Packer fan today.

Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers.

That's not good, no matter how you spin it.

You have pretty high standards. I will admit, though, the Bills QBs are undefeated in the playoffs since 1999 -- an eight year streak of perfection. Of course, they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. And it goes without saying that it's a team game ...

You have pretty high standards. I will admit, though, the Bills QBs are undefeated in the playoffs since 1999 -- an eight year streak of perfection. Of course, they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. And it goes without saying that it's a team game ...

What does Brett Favre's playoff performance since 1997 have to do with that of the Bills' QBs?

Last I checked, this thread isn't about the pitiful performance of the Bills franchise over the past decade.

Oh man can you imagine the assault the packers are gonna take from packers fans if rodgers has a subpar season? they as screwed. Forget the stupid threads we have about "well if JP was playing we would have won." or "Trent can poise the team into submission." Their anger is going to be 1000000000x worse

Oh man can you imagine the assault the packers are gonna take from packers fans if rodgers has a subpar season? they as screwed. Forget the stupid threads we have about "well if JP was playing we would have won." or "Trent can poise the team into submission." Their anger is going to be 1000000000x worse

The Packers HAVE to make the playoffs this year, or Thompson and McCarthy are gone. If they have kids, I feel bad for what going to happen to them in school.

No, I agree. Most are praising him now, but, in the last few years, it became very trendy to say "he isn't that good, overrated", point out that he has the record for ints'....even when this story first broke, about Favre wanting to come back, the first few days, it seemed most were very anti-Favre...when the callers started getting on that "just leave us alone Brett" bandwagon, the tune changed for a lot of them.

It coud be that they just need to be contrary to their listeners, or, it could be that they just came to their senses and realized what a monumental blunder the Packers are making. I did notice that nearly every ex-player I heard comment on it was of the opinion "if Brett Favre wants to play", he should play...no questions asked.

If the Packers are worried about Favre's "mindset", or that he is not good for the team right now, they fugged this up in the worst way. His trade value is plummeting, and, no matter what happens now, the 2008 Green Bay Packers season will be marred by this...I think Rodgers is toast in Green Bay. He was being booed by fans at a friggin intersquad scrimmage the other night. If the Packers had an owner (this is one instance where I think their unique set up in the NFL is really hurting them), I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson and maybe McCarthy were shown the door during this training camp.

This would be like the Celtics shoving Larry Bird out the door...maybe even worse. It may sound corny, but I am truly saddened by this whole thing. Not even a big Packers fan (I like them mainly because of Favre), and I am not giving Favre a pass in this whole thing, he has been like a little chatty shcool girl, trying to percipitate his exit from Green Bay. Not very manly...but in the end, it is the players and the game that we love, not the business decisions made by old men with egos... :cry:

Probably the best post to sum up the whole situation.

Now, they don't have to pay Brett. Talk about ego!! If Aaron Rodgers flops those two are toast. The best thing they can do now, is just release the guy. I mean, how hard is it? This could drag on and on. Screw the trade. Just end it already.

:D I love it. MLB.... NASCAR.... PGA.... FAVRE.... NFL. The guy has his own heading on ESPN's bottom line. Reeediculous!

Breaking news on E$PN's front page - Favre has to run a penalty lap for fumbling a snap.

No, seriously.

And thanks to the wonders of the Interwebs (and ESPN's need to cram Favre down our throats) you can even watch Favre's penalty lap.