Farve has become a total drama queen

seq004

Why because they have the vision to see that Farve sucks and if they don't invest in Rodgers now he'll be out the door?

LOL! Favre sucks so much he made the Pro Bowl last year. And Rodgers has 2 years left on his contract, but has shown nothing since being drafted 3 years ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. I know the guy's a Hofer but I'm just so tired of his drama. It happens to a lot of great athletes as well. Their nearing the end of their career and they want to still feel important so rant and rave why does their old team not want them anymore ala Andre or Bruce but to tell you the truth I think he's toast. I know he can still compete but if he went to the Jets I would be happy.

Why because they have the vision to see that Favre sucks and if they don't invest in Rodgers now he'll be out the door?

Favre was the only guy last year to get a MVP vote other than Brady. He is coming off on of his best years ever and made it within an OT score of the big game. Yeah, he sucks and is washed up.

You make a good argument. Not changing my point of view, but you make a good argument.

People love to take shots at Favre (it is very "in" now, thanks to talk radio)

That is really funny to me. All the talk radio and TV analysts that I've seen worship Farve. They talk like Green Bay is absolutely insane for not wanting him, and they absolutely don't even consider that Green Bay knows what they are doing by parting ways with him. And you are hearing the exact opposite. I guess you hear what you want to hear, eh?

The thing to me about Rodgers, whether or not he has a golden arm, is if Green Bay does not give him a chance now, they won't get one. If he sucks they can find out this year, if he's good they can show the good faith they've put in him throughout this Farve saga, and he'll want to stick around. Also, given what little we've seen of him, Green Bay has evry reason to think he'll be good. I see it as a very good decision.

LOL! Favre sucks so much he made the Pro Bowl last year. And Rodgers has 2 years left on his contract, but has shown nothing since being drafted 3 years ago.

Not to nitpick but how many chances has Rogers had in the last few years to show what he's got?

PTR

You make a good argument. Not changing my point of view, but you make a good argument.

That is really funny to me. All the talk radio and TV analysts that I've seen worship Farve. They talk like Green Bay is absolutely insane for not wanting him, and they absolutely don't even consider that Green Bay knows what they are doing by parting ways with him. And you are hearing the exact opposite. I guess you hear what you want to hear, eh?

The thing to me about Rodgers, whether or not he has a golden arm, is if Green Bay does not give him a chance now, they won't get one. If he sucks they can find out this year, if he's good they can show the good faith they've put in him throughout this Farve saga, and he'll want to stick around. Also, given what little we've seen of him, Green Bay has evry reason to think he'll be good. I see it as a very good decision.

I feel pretty confident that Aaron Rodgers will be another in a very, very long line of late first round QB picks who turn out to be so-so at best.

The BILLS have never beaten Brett Favre. They have beaten the Green Bay Packers while Brett Favre has been their QB.

Jesus, I hate that friggin' question. It's a team game. Teams win or lose, not individual players.

Actually, as you'll recall, Favre played pretty damn well in November '94 in that game that Reed had 15 catches for 191 yards. Favre's fault, of course.

Not to nitpick but how many chances has Rogers had in the last few years to show what he's got?

PTR

Not a lot, because he can't stay healthy. The guy has only been active for 7 games his entire (3 year) NFL career!

But true, we'll say he's unproven and I'll retract my statement that he's shown nothing. How is he a better option than a guy who just came off a Pro Bowl season? Because he looks good (which apparently isn't even true) in practice?

The more I look at the situation, the more I realize it's not Favre's ego at work here, it's Thompson's, probably because he was crappy player. There is no other logical explanation.

Quick, Rico - name me two decent (not good, but decent) skill players on the 2006 Packers outside of Favre. I'll save you the time - you won't be able to.
Ahman Green and Donald Driver were both decent (think Green was hurt though, I forget).

Not a lot, because he can't stay healthy. The guy has only been active for 7 games his entire (3 year) NFL career!

But true, we'll say he's unproven and I'll retract my statement that he's shown nothing. How is he a better option than a guy who just came off a Pro Bowl season? Because he looks good (which apparently isn't even true) in practice?

The more I look at the situation, the more I realize it's not Favre's ego at work here, it's Thompson's, probably because he was crappy player. There is no other logical explanation.

Trust me, you're right. He didn't draft Favre. He did draft Rogers.

Trust me, you're right. He didn't draft Favre. He did draft Rogers.

Yep. Thompson wants to prove that he rebuilt the team all the way.

Unfortunately for him, he did nothing to ensure that Ryan Grant doesn't run for a lousy 2.2 YPC in the NFCCG again. If not ensure the opposite by getting rid of Favre.

No, I agree. Most are praising him now, but, in the last few years, it became very trendy to say "he isn't that good, overrated", point out that he has the record for ints'....even when this story first broke, about Favre wanting to come back, the first few days, it seemed most were very anti-Favre...when the callers started getting on that "just leave us alone Brett" bandwagon, the tune changed for a lot of them.

It coud be that they just need to be contrary to their listeners, or, it could be that they just came to their senses and realized what a monumental blunder the Packers are making. I did notice that nearly every ex-player I heard comment on it was of the opinion "if Brett Favre wants to play", he should play...no questions asked.

If the Packers are worried about Favre's "mindset", or that he is not good for the team right now, they fugged this up in the worst way. His trade value is plummeting, and, no matter what happens now, the 2008 Green Bay Packers season will be marred by this...I think Rodgers is toast in Green Bay. He was being booed by fans at a friggin intersquad scrimmage the other night. If the Packers had an owner (this is one instance where I think their unique set up in the NFL is really hurting them), I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson and maybe McCarthy were shown the door during this training camp.

This would be like the Celtics shoving Larry Bird out the door...maybe even worse. It may sound corny, but I am truly saddened by this whole thing. Not even a big Packers fan (I like them mainly because of Favre), and I am not giving Favre a pass in this whole thing, he has been like a little chatty shcool girl, trying to percipitate his exit from Green Bay. Not very manly...but in the end, it is the players and the game that we love, not the business decisions made by old men with egos... :cry:

Awesome link Rico! I am no Favre hater, but I think Sal is right that the worship is all out of proportion to his performance the last ten years. I blame John Madden!
My favorite part of the article was when he compared Pillhead to the greatest QB in Packers history, the superb Bart Starr.