will you give the Bills a pass?

billybob

C'mon man. As far as I'm concerned that song and dance is old and is a loser's mentality. I'd rather go 11-5 and get a home playoff game while losing to Miami twice rather than your idea any day of the week.

Well jeez pal, I think that's a given. Let's just say I consider 2-14 a successful season if both wins are over Miami. The Pats are certainly in the same realm of disgust, but those douches had to cheat to win. Something about the teal pants, the gay dolphin wearing a helmet, Isotoner gloves, and the sorry excuse for "fans" in Little Havana that just makes it extra special beating the Fins.

While the home schedule does have a gaping hole in it this year (the season ticket book STILL doesn't look right) I'm happy we get to beat their ass internationally this year.

I will give the Bills and coaching staff a pass if they sweep the AFC East this year, and finish at 6-10.

Yet if they exhibit the <200 yard offense games that they've had in the past two years, I'll be calling for Jauron's head.

Maybe he'd be a better defensive co-ordinator. No OFFENSE to Hank Bullogh.

I can't believe so many of you think Peters is the key to this year. Whether he shows or not is not even the big question for this season. The season hangs in the balance on Trent Edwards' arm, and yes, I know Peters will be a help in that, but not the key to how Trent does. This season rides on if we put the faith in the right QB, not that I think JP's the answer either. Frankly I'm not sold on the QB position yet. Either Trent succeeds this year with or without Peters or he ends up as another failure in a long list of failure's since Kelly. Trent did good last year for a rookie but he has a lot to prove yet.

Jason Peters also has a lot to prove, one good year does not make him a Hall of Famer. He needs to do what he did last year on a consistent basis. Which is why he needs to be in camp. Jason Peters may be good for 1 win, but to think some of you think he's worth 6 or 7 wins is amazing. I don't even know if Orlando Pace in his prime was worth that many wins. An established starting QB is the only person on a team that's worth that many wins, not one LT that had one good year.

I think all this is moot anyway, I'm sure Peters will be in the starting lineup for the season opener.

Very well said.

(Except for the last sentence. I think his surgery went wrong, he got a staff infection in his leg, they had to amputate, that left him hobbled and disillusioned, he got a fake leg and a walking cane and went hiking, stumbled off a cliff, fell into the ravine below where he lived on berries and dirt for nearly 2 weeks, then a mountain lion came by and ate his other leg, of course while eating his leg, Peters beat him over the head with his fake leg, that saved his life, but now he's legless and scurring around the forest looking for berries and a good pair of gloves because the ground his hurting his hands as he crawls about, his cell phone broke during the fall, so no one's heard from him since. On the bright side, Sasquatch has a new friend. )

One of those players that couldn't hold his jock is our current left tackle, Langston Walker. Another one is the guy stepping in for Walker at RT. Another is at center. This leaves Edwards and Lynch with worse blocking than last year. Walker couldn't even play guard because he isn't explosive enough to get push, nor is he mobile enough to pull.

Our RB's have had a year now to develop as better blockers. Peters had one great season. Vanilla Ice had one good song. I would like to see more out of him before you pay him as a elite LT. If he came in and had a second pro bowl you have to believe the Bills would sign him to an extension.

I agree that Edwards is the key to our offense. I think an even bigger key is the way that TS uses TE in the offense by the plays he calls. I am not sure any of us can make a reasonable prediction without knowing how TS is going to coach.

Something else that will make our offense more adequate is how our defense plays. If we are not playing from behind a lot it changes how a game is called. I think it is dumb to say that you are going to win and lose by our LT.

Our RB's have had a year now to develop as better blockers. Peters had one great season. Vanilla Ice had one good song. I would like to see more out of him before you pay him as a elite LT. If he came in and had a second pro bowl you have to believe the Bills would sign him to an extension.

I agree that Edwards is the key to our offense. I think an even bigger key is the way that TS uses TE in the offense by the plays he calls. I am not sure any of us can make a reasonable prediction without knowing how TS is going to coach.

Something else that will make our offense more adequate is how our defense plays. If we are not playing from behind a lot it changes how a game is called. I think it is dumb to say that you are going to win and lose by our LT.

year one Peters dominates special teams when he gets a chance to play

year two Peters replaces Mike Williams at RT

year three Peter replaces Gandy at LT

year four Peters nominated to probowl as a LT

Peters has done nothing but excel - he's a physical freak who could dominate at DT, RT, OG, as well as LT

No.

The guy deserve a new contract and from reports, the Bills when contacted by Peters about a new contract had said not this year.

I ask why not?

The guy is coming off a probowl year and is making less than players that couldn't hold his jock.

He is arguably the best LT in the game.

IMO without him we are anywhere from 4-12 to 7-9 with obviously no shot at the playoffs.

If Peters doesn't report until week 10 because the Bills were so stubborn in their stance I will be very ticked off and will in no way give them a pass instead it will show yet again why this ownership and franchise are among the worst every year.

You tell 'em Scott! Great post!!!

Will you give the Bills a pass this year if they finish 7-9 ,8-8 because Jason Peters won't honor his contract.

They could go 0-16 this year and I'll still be around. I have no set of expectations in terms of their record but I do want to see drastic improvement from the offense. I also think Dick's job could be at risk if they have a bad enough year.