will you give the Bills a pass?

billybob

They will be lucky to win 3 games w/out Peters.

Really? REALLY? Do you REALLY believe that?

We've got two games against Miami, two games against the Jets, and games against the Raiders, Forty Niners, Rams, Chiefs, and Cardinals.

You HONESTLY think we'd be LUCKY to win 3 out of THOSE 9 games without Jason Peters?

Why don't you change your display name to Eugene Parker.

Im sorry but i do not believe that it will be a clean sweep of the Dolphins and Jets this year, and without Jason Peters the chances are even worse for winning all 4.

You have good taste in avatars. Confused the hell out of me until I saw your username. I didn't remember writing your post!

Im sorry but i do not believe that it will be a clean sweep of the Dolphins and Jets this year, and without Jason Peters the chances are even worse for winning all 4.

The Dolphins haven't really gotten better this offseason (for the upcoming season I mean, they have set themselves up to get better in the future, bringing Parcells into the FO doesn't automatically make them a better team) and the Jets are a big question mark cause it will all depend on weither or not all the FA vets they picked up will work out.

If the Bills can't sweep the Dolphins, and take atleast 1 of 2 from the Jets, they have taken a step back and are truly a bad team.

Peters is a very good player, but he is not the entire team, and i really don't think the team will take that much of a step back as everyone thinks without him. I think Walker will be able to hold his own at LT, and Chambers should be able to hold his own at RT. They won't be Pro Bowlers, but they won't be bad enough that they are going to cost the Bills games.

If they go 2-14 but beat Miami twice, I'll ALWAYS give them a pass.

EXACTLY!

some circler of the wagon you are...

Really? REALLY? Do you REALLY believe that?

We've got two games against Miami, two games against the Jets, and games against the Raiders, Forty Niners, Rams, Chiefs, and Cardinals.

You HONESTLY think we'd be LUCKY to win 3 out of THOSE 9 games without Jason Peters?

Why don't you change your display name to Eugene Parker.

Ok relax. First off, look at the competition you mentioned. Do you think Miami and New York will be nearly as bad as last year? Both teams were just a few lucky breaks away from many more wins than they had, and that includes games against us. The 49ers are mediocre, not awful as are the cardinals. The Raiders should be quite a bit better this year- they did well to keep Russell off the field last year and they have a lot of talent in the backfield. The Chiefs are downright awful.

Now, lets look at our offense:

On the line, Peters handled himself well, so we were able to slide our protection to the right to protect walker, and put a tight end to his open side. Now that Walker is our left tackle, we will have to either slide protection to his side, or to the side of a guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup last season. Fowler is terrible- and I don't want to hear about his injury, I watched him as a Brown. Our running backs showed nothing as far as picking up the blitz last year, so our young QB can't expect initial protection from his line or secondary protection from the RB's- how do you expect him to develop under those circumstances. Our WR's have only been upgraded by adding a rookie- after the dismal failure of the unit last year. Don't expect much out of Hardy is his first year- he has a lot to learn. Anyone who thinks Parrish will add much to the offense needs to get out more. Our best play last season was Lynch dodging three unblocked defenders against Cincy and making his own yardage.

Peters' absence does not just affect the LT position, it affects the line and offense as a whole- then you have the fact that the defense will be on the field longer.................

Ok relax. First off, look at the competition you mentioned. Do you think Miami and New York will be nearly as bad as last year?

No, and neither are the Bills. With all the steps forward Buffalo took in the offseason, losing Peters won't even negate that progress, let alone put said progress in the red. Sure, it's a step back from where they could be, but it's not a leap, therefore, Buffalo sweeps NYJ and MIA, again.

The 49ers are mediocre, not awful as are the cardinals. The Raiders should be quite a bit better this year- they did well to keep Russell off the field last year and they have a lot of talent in the backfield. The Chiefs are downright awful.

And there's three wins right there. And when you say "did well to keep Russell off the field," do you mean, "did well to not have a contract ready for him until week 3?" The Raiders are miserable and certainly have not done anything to surpass the Bills from last year. The Niners game is at home in November. That's a Bills win, my friend.

On the line, Peters handled himself well, so we were able to slide our protection to the right to protect walker, and put a tight end to his open side. Now that Walker is our left tackle, we will have to either slide protection to his side, or to the side of a guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup last season. Fowler is terrible- and I don't want to hear about his injury,

Okay that's all I'll give you concerning Peters relevance to the offense. Everything else you wrote is tangental, at best.

Will you give the Bills a pass this year if they finish 7-9 ,8-8 because Jason Peters won't honor his contract.

I think that's about where they'll end up with Peters given the schedule (which I think is not as easy as many posters here believe) and the limitations of the coaching staff. Hope to be wrong and surprised but I think Jauron's true colors will be even more exposed this season. Wonderful guy, but not a winner as an NFL head coach.

I can't believe so many of you think Peters is the key to this year. Whether he shows or not is not even the big question for this season. The season hangs in the balance on Trent Edwards' arm, and yes, I know Peters will be a help in that, but not the key to how Trent does. This season rides on if we put the faith in the right QB, not that I think JP's the answer either. Frankly I'm not sold on the QB position yet. Either Trent succeeds this year with or without Peters or he ends up as another failure in a long list of failure's since Kelly. Trent did good last year for a rookie but he has a lot to prove yet.

Jason Peters also has a lot to prove, one good year does not make him a Hall of Famer. He needs to do what he did last year on a consistent basis. Which is why he needs to be in camp. Jason Peters may be good for 1 win, but to think some of you think he's worth 6 or 7 wins is amazing. I don't even know if Orlando Pace in his prime was worth that many wins. An established starting QB is the only person on a team that's worth that many wins, not one LT that had one good year.

I think all this is moot anyway, I'm sure Peters will be in the starting lineup for the season opener.

Maybe I should say what I mean by a pass

" they didn't make the playoffs but hey they were in cap jail hell"

" they didn't make the playoffs but hey they're a young team"

" they didn't make the playoffs but hey the coach sucks"

" they didn't make the playoffs but hey they had a lot of injuries"

at the end of the season am I gonna hear

"they didn't make the playoffs but hey Jason Peters wouldn't honor his contract"

No.

The guy deserve a new contract and from reports, the Bills when contacted by Peters about a new contract had said not this year.

I ask why not?

The guy is coming off a probowl year and is making less than players that couldn't hold his jock.

He is arguably the best LT in the game.

IMO without him we are anywhere from 4-12 to 7-9 with obviously no shot at the playoffs.

If Peters doesn't report until week 10 because the Bills were so stubborn in their stance I will be very ticked off and will in no way give them a pass instead it will show yet again why this ownership and franchise are among the worst every year.

One of those players that couldn't hold his jock is our current left tackle, Langston Walker. Another one is the guy stepping in for Walker at RT. Another is at center. This leaves Edwards and Lynch with worse blocking than last year. Walker couldn't even play guard because he isn't explosive enough to get push, nor is he mobile enough to pull.