Uh Oh! Dead [Media] Man Walking!

krazykat

"Then there is nothing to talk about. He's the best now, he needs to be paid now."

Oh really? The best in the NFL? One pro Bowl by default which he was too injured to perform in, and now he's the best LT in the NFL??

That's it. Peters is healthy. In shape. Ready to come to camp. But he thinks he's the best right now, too

How did Peter's surgery go? Has he been rehabbing? Is he working out? Does he know the new offense? Who knows? he hasn't said word one to the Bills since last year. But hey, don't let that stop us from giving him all the money he wants.

There is no reason to communicate.

Saying what you actually want is overrated.

The column above simply supports what some writers, some fans, some football men believe. Pay the man now. The Bills simply don't have to. I don't understand what is difficult to comprehend here.

No Kelly, what the column says is Peters is worth a new deal, but he owes the Bills the opportunity to examine him and determine if he is still the Pro Bowl LT he was before his surgery. If they don't them DiCesare will be the first guy to hammer the team for overpaying a player without doing their due diligence.

PTR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my point!! Nothing is difficult to believe, yet there continue to be endless posts on speculation. We know what JP wants, we can "speculate" what the Bills want. Both sides have good reasons. Is one side more right than the other? I don't know. All I am saying is there has been nothing new reported and I can only logically discuss this issue by what I read or hear and I haven't heard anything new recently. Everything else is speculation!

Oh, now I get it. You believe there has been communication between the two sides and this does kind of make sense, so you attacked my posts which badmouthed people who said there has been no communication and this doesn't make any sense. Sweet :rolleyes: .

You very deftly didn't quote the part when he said for peace of mind Peters should show up to camp and be checked out to make sure he's ship shape....

But you're myopic nature refuses to allow stuff like that to register....

Please do not contribute to the delinquency of a whiner... :rolleyes:

Oh, now I get it. You believe there has been communication between the two sides and this does kind of make sense, so you attacked my posts which badmouthed people who said there has been no communication and this doesn't make any sense. Sweet :rolleyes: .

I can speculate that both sides know the others stance, yes. I would hope that they talked in depth, but I have nothing to back that. The only thing I read was that they had a very brief conversation about JP, but were mostly focused on signing Hardy at the time. I don't know how true that is, but that's all I have heard to this point.

Oh really? The best in the NFL? One pro Bowl by default which he was too injured to perform in, and now he's the best LT in the NFL??

How did Peter's surgery go? Has he been rehabbing? Is he working out? Does he know the new offense? Who knows? he hasn't said word one to the Bills since last year. But hey, don't let that stop us from giving him all the money he wants.

Saying what you actually want is overrated.

No Kelly, what the column says is Peters is worth a new deal, but he owes the Bills the opportunity to examine him and determine if he is still the Pro Bowl LT he was before his surgery. If they don't them DiCesare will be the first guy to hammer the team for overpaying a player without doing their due diligence.

PTR

Get over the injury angle. Chris Brown said that's not it. There is zero chance they sign him before knowing exactly how healthy he is. You're badmouthing the organization you're trying to support (which I am supporting, too, btw) by saying they would be hoodwinked by an agent who knows nothing, and would sign a player for 50 million they know had a hernia without giving him the most extensive physical ever. Just think for half a second and I hope you would realize that.

BTW, I didn't imply he was the best LT in the game, I was saying what his agent will be likely be saying.

He would certainly be checked out before any deal is signed. I'm sure Peters would be at the physical today if the Bills put the right offer on the table.

By the way, he had a hernia. I realize the Bills would like to verify that he is okay...But it's not like he had a knee or a shoulder rebuilt. All previous experience with that injury says it's fairly common and not likely to present problems once it's been repaired and rested. I'm not even sure there's "rehab" that can be done, other than time off. He's certainly had that.

Get over the injury angle. Chris Brown said that's not it. There is zero chance they sign him before knowing exactly how healthy he is. You're badmouthing the organization you're trying to support (which I am supporting, too, btw) by saying they would be hoodwinked by an agent who knows nothing, and would sign a player for 50 million they know had a hernia without giving him the most extensive physical ever. Just think for half a second and I hope you would realize that.

Now I'm getting confused - I can't tell if you're arguing with Promo, or agreeing with him...

Sounds like everyone's saying the same thing - get your ass in camp, have a full physical, let's evaluate your condition, then we'll talk contract. So what's the argument about?

Oh yeah, that's right...Peters is handling the whole situation like a f#cking idiot.

Now I'm getting confused - I can't tell if you're arguing with Promo, or agreeing with him...

Sounds like everyone's saying the same thing - get your ass in camp, have a full physical, let's evaluate your condition, then we'll talk contract. So what's the argument about?

Oh yeah, that's right...Peters is handling the whole situation like a f#cking idiot.

I think the injury angle is impossible, so I am not agreeing with him about it, or you, apparently. In order for someone to believe that he is not healthy, and that his agent is holding out for a monster contract to be signed this year (whether it is to cover it up or not, it doesn't matter) you would also have to believe that the Bills were willing to sign him to the biggest contract in team history without making sure he was healthy. That's impossible.

They would put him through all kinds of tests before they signed on the bottom line, and have every single doctor and trainer look him over from head to toe and tell them "He's 100%." Otherwise they don't sign him. It's not something that an agent is going to pull over their eyes.

It's a hernia injury. He's not going to hold him out, then have the Bills say "Okay, we give in, you can have your 60 million." And THEN give Peters a physical which comes back with damaged goods and Parker saying, "Oops. I didn't know. He said he was fine." That is never going to happen. This is the real world.

Sure agents and teams lie all the time to each other but that scenario, that he is hurt and hiding it and the team is still going to pay him 60 million and then regret it is just foolish, IMO. regardless of whether they have seen him since the surgery or not.

I think the injury angle is impossible, so I am not agreeing with him about it, or you, apparently. In order for someone to believe that he is not healthy, and that his agent is holding out for a monster contract to be signed this year (whether it is to cover it up or not, it doesn't matter) you would also have to believe that the Bills were willing to sign him to the biggest contract in team history without making sure he was healthy. That's impossible.

They would put him through all kinds of tests before they signed on the bottom line, and have every single doctor and trainer look him over from head to toe and tell them "He's 100%." Otherwise they don't sign him. It's not something that an agent is going to pull over their eyes.

It's a hernia injury. He's not going to hold him out, then have the Bills say "Okay, we give in, you can have your 60 million." And THEN give Peters a physical which comes back with damaged goods and Parker saying, "Oops. I didn't know. He said he was fine." That is never going to happen. This is the real world.

Sure agents and teams lie all the time to each other but that scenario, that he is hurt and hiding it and the team is still going to pay him 60 million and then regret it is just foolish, IMO. regardless of whether they have seen him since the surgery or not.

I agree, I don't think that's a consideration either. I kind of thought that initially, but I would think the "new" contract would state "pending physical" or something of that nature.

I don't think he gets one. Nor do I think he should. I think after this season, or even late in the season, when they know he is as good as they thought, he will get a new deal before next season at about 10 mil a year. My worry is if the Bills try to lowball him a million or two a season. They just shouldn't do it.

I do think, however, although I hate to say this, that what Parker is doing now will benefit Peters in the long run and he will get a few more million over the length of the contract than he would if he just played nice like most people here seem to want.

My prediction is that he will show after the first pre-season game. Maybe even this week. Just a prediction though. He could go all the way until right before the season.

Interesting take. I must say however that I can't understand your reluctance in giving him the money now, especially when you also state that you are pretty sure that he is healthy.

Is it because of the possibility of other players wanting new deals? Evans already does. I don't know if Ralph will cough up the cash he will need to in order to sign him. Honestly, I am not even sure how much I think he is worth, although I do want them to keep him if possible.

I don't have the details, but Dallas just gave a safety a ton of money, and I've never heard of the guy. Whitner, if he has a great season, is going to want a lot more cash whether Peters gets a new deal or not. Watch and see.

Good players, let alone top LTs are going to want more money. You and I spend a lot of money being fans. Imo it is time for Ralph to spend his money in order to give us a playoff team. Kyle Williams is not a star. Jason Peters is.

I am firmly in the camp that Peters should get paid more money; but, I also think he needs to get to camp and have the Doctors examine him.

He can still hold out of practice, but by being in town and cleared to play, he will be holding up his end of the bargain.

If he is healthy, the public sentiment, while seemingly around 50/50 currently would push strongly to Peters favor. The Bills would be hard pressed not to give him a healthy increase after what they have already paid out.

By not showing up, Peters is giving the Bills an easy excuse to to engage him.

Interesting take. I must say however that I can't understand your reluctance in giving him the money now, especially when you also state that you are pretty sure that he is healthy.

Is it because of the possibility of other players wanting new deals? Evans already does. I don't know if Ralph will cough up the cash he will need to in order to sign him. Honestly, I am not even sure how much I think he is worth, although I do want them to keep him if possible.

Good point, both will be seeking a big signing bonus and guaranteed money. So are the Bills ready to fork over all that up front money on 2 players? They seem to be having a hard enough time signing Evans, doesn't look good at this point and time...

Peters' hernia surgery is starting to sound like he had open heart surgery. To all the conspiracy theorists who haven't had a hernia, it's not a hip replacement either. As a matter of fact, it's a routine procedure which does not take 6 months to heal from. I've had one, and I'm sure others around here have as well. If Chris Brown, one of the team employees says so, then I can't imagine it any other way.

Re-signing Peters will be the largest deal in Bills history, easily surpassing Dockery and Schobel. As Buffalo re-ups Evans, I've got a feeling the cost of extending Peters exceeds what the team planned on spending this season.

Good point, both will be seeking a big signing bonus and guaranteed money. So are the Bills ready to fork over all that up front money on 2 players? They seem to be having a hard enough time signing Evans, doesn't look good at this point and time...

The Evans situation is unique in that he wants a new, long term deal now. The only question would seem to be whether or not he is willing to offer the Bills a home team discount of any kind.

With Clements, it was different imo. I heard him on Sirius, and it sounded as if he truly wanted out of Buffalo. I don't think, once he was a ufa, that he would have signed with us. I obviously cannot prove this; just a hunch. Could they have locked him uip before his deal expired? I have no idea.

My point is that again, imo, if they don't sign Evans before the season, he will more than likely be gone. He will probably take his chances as a UFA.

Peters' hernia surgery is starting to sound like he had open heart surgery. To all the conspiracy theorists who haven't had a hernia, it's not a hip replacement either. As a matter of fact, it's a routine procedure which does not take 6 months to heal from. I've had one, and I'm sure others around here have as well. If Chris Brown, one of the team employees says so, then I can't imagine it any other way.

Re-signing Peters will be the largest deal in Bills history, easily surpassing Dockery and Schobel. As Buffalo re-ups Evans, I've got a feeling the cost of extending Peters exceeds what the team planned on spending this season.

Sure, but ticket sales are sky high, and he is getting 78 million from Toronto. The choices seem to be competing for playoff spots, or continuing to lose and being a Triple A team who develops defensive backs for others.

Huh???? (Can someone else please read that paragraph for me and tell me if it makes any coherent sense at all? Is it me?)

You're making me more confused by the moment - are you or aren't you saying the Bills should know that he's 100% healthy before signing him?

All I can garner from your post is that

1) Peter's is 100% healthy, because...

2) The Bills would never sign him to a great big new contract if he wasn't 100% healthy, therefore...

3) They should cut him a new deal now, before putting him through any physical evaluations at all, because...

4) Peters is 100% healthy, and don't insult the Bills by saying they'd sign him if he wasn't.

Doesn't that seem like a circular argument? Just a little?

Someone must have contacted Peters as I found a statement from Jauron on Feb 22 "Jason's rehab is going well and we expect him to be 100% for OTAs" so someone must have talked to Peters after his surgery which took place in early Jan. Unless Jauron was just blowing smoke.

I don't have the details, but Dallas just gave a safety a ton of money, and I've never heard of the guy. Whitner, if he has a great season, is going to want a lot more cash whether Peters gets a new deal or not. Watch and see.

Good players, let alone top LTs are going to want more money. You and I spend a lot of money being fans. Imo it is time for Ralph to spend his money in order to give us a playoff team. Kyle Williams is not a star. Jason Peters is.

I think there are a lot of reasons for it. It wouldn't be a horrible or even bad decision to pay him right now. I also think the "setting the precedent" argument is mostly foolish, too. The Bills can simply say to anyone that brings it up, "Okay, if you totally outperform your contract three years before it's up and get to the Pro Bowl at one of the essential positions in the game and have everyone in the league believe you are one of if not the very best at your position, you can renegotiate, too."

But, on the other hand, if they wait this year, they can make sure he is as good as he looks, and more importantly, they can probably save 7 million this year and have an extra year from him down the road. If they sign him (lets just say) for 10 mil a year for 6 years, if they did it next year they would have him an extra year and only have to pay him 3 this year, which they could use on Evans and maybe Crowell.

The Bills do hold all the cards. They know he will come in and play. He's not going to ruin his career before he gets the monster deal. He's just trying to see if he can get it now. Guys like yourself and Dr. Z and others who think they should do it now have a very good point and maybe they should. But to me, they can get it done and get Evans done, too.

Huh???? (Can someone else please read that paragraph for me and tell me if it makes any coherent sense at all? Is it me?)

You're making me more confused by the moment - are you or aren't you saying the Bills should know that he's 100% healthy before signing him?

All I can garner from your post is that

1) Peter's is 100% healthy, because...

2) The Bills would never sign him to a great big new contract if he wasn't 100% healthy, therefore...

3) They should cut him a new deal now, before putting him through any physical evaluations at all, because...

4) Peters is 100% healthy, and don't insult the Bills by saying they'd sign him if he wasn't.

Doesn't that seem like a circular argument? Just a little?

First, I never said they should cut him a new deal now and I don't think they should. I don't know where that comes from.

Your 4) is what I am saying. Don't insult the Bills by saying they would sign him if he wasn't healthy. They may agree to a deal during negotiation, but they are not going to sign him until they inspect the goods.

If he wasn't healthy, the agent wouldn't be holding him out like this right now. That's really the only issue. The explanation above was confusing perhaps, because if one believes he is injured, you would also have to believe the Bills wouldn't know before they actually put pen to paper.

I am saying he is very likely 100% (or surely will be before games are played) because if he wasn't, there is no way the agent would be negotiating like this. What if the Bills called his bluff? That is the scenario I described above. It sounds foolish because it is.

Of course the Bills will know he's 100% before they sign him or they simply won't sign the deal. It doesn't matter at all whether he is healthy now or not. They're not going to do it so it's foolish to surmise that is a possible reason.