Enough is Enough.

I have not heard anything getting done regarding Evans contract. Care to share anything?

Both Evans and the Bills FO have made comments that they are talking everyday and negotiations are ongoing. Both sides seem to want to get his contract done before the season starts. I don't have links but I know they are out there.

Auburn-Alabama? You're not really a Bills fan right? I would rather watch a Bills preseason game than Auburn-Alabama. Sorry, this site is for Bills fans. You should leave immediately.

Auburn- Alabama! Sheesh.

Yeah, because there is nothing like watching a game full of camp fodder with nothing at stake vs. one of the nations best, nastiest, and most intense college football rivalry.

Have you even attended a "real" college football game? (And no, UB, Syracuse, and Pitt do not count as "real" college football)

Name one player THIS front office has jerked around. Notice I said THIS front office, not that travesty that ol' whitey looked over.

J.P. Losman last year ..... after being #11 QB in 2006, to yank him after two games & a cheap shot in 2007. The F.O yanked J.P. so he wouldnt get enough snap & therefore saving $$$$$$.

Remember ......the front office is Old Ralph.

J.P. Losman last year ..... after being #11 QB in 2006, to yank him after two games & a cheap shot in 2007. The F.O yanked J.P. so he wouldnt get enough snap & therefore saving $$$$$$.

Yeah, JP was having a Hall of fame season before Ralphie pulled the plug! :thumbsup:

PTR

i do remeber JP injuring his knee and that is why he didn't play......correct? plus jp sucks

i do remeber JP injuring his knee and that is why he didn't play......correct? plus jp sucks

I remember the last game JP started was against the Jags. It's kind of ironic because the year before against the Jags is where things seemed to really take hold for him. He had the great pass that Parrish tip-toed the sidelines for and Lindell kicked the game winner. The next year against the Jags he basically buries his career, atleast in Buffalo anyway, with short hopped passes, 2 crucial INT's, and an obvious lack of confidence.

And to "Why Not Hamden", If you ever get the chance to experience a Tennessee/Florida game in Knoxville you will understand. Yes, college rivalry games are BETTER than the NFL, hands down.

And to "Why Not Hamden", If you ever get the chance to experience a Tennessee/Florida game in Knoxville you will understand. Yes, college rivalry games are BETTER than the NFL, hands down.

After listening to "Rocky Top", he may beg to differ :thumbsup:

Just to get this topic moved to the top, I am really getting nervous with the whole situation. I get BOTH sides of this argument, but I really want it to end soon. I dont care who is to blame, or caves in, I just want peters starting at LT on sept 7th against the Seahags....

I dont want the distraction of this holdout to sidetrack an otherwise positive attitude. I truly believe we need a UNITED locker room to be successful this season. PERIOD!!!!

get him signed, or get him in to camp with a promise to sign, whatever.

Just get him in.

We need him.

Just to get this topic moved to the top, I am really getting nervous with the whole situation. I get BOTH sides of this argument, but I really want it to end soon. I dont care who is to blame, or caves in, I just want peters starting at LT on sept 7th against the Seahags....

I dont want the distraction of this holdout to sidetrack an otherwise positive attitude. I truly believe we need a UNITED locker room to be successful this season. PERIOD!!!!

get him signed, or get him in to camp with a promise to sign, whatever.

Just get him in.

We need him.

They are obviously adamant that he play another year, at least, under his present contract. They had all offseason to negotiate and didn't. He is clearly underpaid and the team has redone the contracts of other players similarly situated. I can certainly see why he wants more money and wants it now. His only option is to hold out. We will lose games and he will lose money. Game of chicken.

They are obviously adamant that he play another year, at least, under his present contract. They had all offseason to negotiate and didn't. He is clearly underpaid and the team has redone the contracts of other players similarly situated. I can certainly see why he wants more money and wants it now. His only option is to hold out. We will lose games and he will lose money. Game of chicken.

no, they are adamant that he show up in camp before they will consider a new deal. I actually believe they will give him a lot more money this year, but not as a holdout. He has to work out with the team to show good faith. The FO has been very clear about that.

Interesting piece on the situation by Dr. Z:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...bills.postcard/

That is not true.

Well, I'm sure someone has seen him - he's a big guy, so he's hard to miss; and it's also likely that someone has talked to him - maybe a restaurant waiter or grocery store clerk, but...

"Peters had surgery to repair a sports hernia shortly after last season. The Bills don’t know if he’s fully recovered because he has not been in contact with the team trainers or medical staff.

"It’s customary for injured players to rehabilitate under the supervision of team trainers at the Bills’ facility. Teams also monitor players’ progress when they are out of town.

"That’s been impossible with Peters because no one has seen or heard from him since shortly after the surgery in January."

Link

It's getting more difficult by the day to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and not succumb to wild speculation that he's in the gutter, or something is seriously wrong with him physically or mentally.

Interesting piece on the situation by Dr. Z:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...bills.postcard/

Thanks for that. Good read.

Here's a quote that really stood out to me, "The defense is of playoff caliber, the special teams are knock 'em dead. Pay Peters!"

I don't think the Bills should cave, though. As it sends a message to players and agents that they can eventually get what they want. I hope the Bills stay true to their word and not negotiate until he shows up. He should be paid, but we need assurances that, a) he's in shape and b) he's not hurt. The incentives and back-loading would give Peters reason to work hard and continue to succeed. It also seems Parker is too busy with Jackson's holdout in St. Louis to bother with Peters' situation, which really annoys me.

He plays a premier position, is only 26, is still getting better, and is only the third highest paid guy on that line.

One thing is certain, he IS the best player on our team. He is crucial to our success and our season.

I anxiously await this ordeal's conclusion.

Well, I'm sure someone has seen him - he's a big guy, so he's hard to miss; and it's also likely that someone has talked to him - maybe a restaurant waiter or grocery store clerk, but...

"Peters had surgery to repair a sports hernia shortly after last season. The Bills don’t know if he’s fully recovered because he has not been in contact with the team trainers or medical staff.

"It’s customary for injured players to rehabilitate under the supervision of team trainers at the Bills’ facility. Teams also monitor players’ progress when they are out of town.

"That’s been impossible with Peters because no one has seen or heard from him since shortly after the surgery in January."

Link

It's getting more difficult by the day to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and not succumb to wild speculation that he's in the gutter, or something is seriously wrong with him physically or mentally.

Thank you. My point exactly.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. And that is the only way we can know ANYTHING for god's sake! The line's of communication have to be open for there to be any progress.