Talks with Evans getting serious?

link

With the Peters situation lurking, it would be nice to get some good news on the Evans front.

A few quotes from Evans:

-"They've progressed through summer. Now that we're in camp, it'll heat up a little more. And hopefully, it'll heat up to a position where it can be worked out."

-[the talks are] "more serious than they were before."

-"We're moving in the right direction, which is positive. Both sides are talking. Both sides are positive. That's really good. I am hopeful."

Git'er done, uh...Russ and Ralph and John and Tom and Jim and Dick.

EDIT: And here's a blog post and a quick article from Chris Brown on the subject. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

They need to be careful with this in my opinion. I'd like to see the guy run a slant, crossing pattern, or square-in once in a while before they throw 7 or 8 million a year at him. I understand that Losman's problems may have played a role in Evans developing into a deep threat only, but nonetheless that's his reputation right now.

I wouldn't be crushed to give him a 3 or 4 games to show that he's not one-dimensional before they re-sign him. I'm sure he's not afraid to go over the middle on a consistent basis...but I'd like to see it happen before big money is tied up in a guy that might just be a very, very dynamic #2 receiver.

I would not be surprised at all to see the Evans deal get done within the next week or two...I know the Peters situation should be seperate, but what better way for The Bills Brass to prove their stance with Peters than to reward a core Player who is 100% onboard...

Just saying... :ph34r:

KOK,

I am totally with you on this.....the bills extend deals on players that work WITH them not sit out like this.

The more time goes on the more I hope they tell Peters to eat it and sit out. Yes he deserves a raise but this is not how you go about it.

Extend Evans and even Crowell to show how the Bills do business.

They need to be careful with this in my opinion. I'd like to see the guy run a slant, crossing pattern, or square-in once in a while before they throw 7 or 8 million a year at him. I understand that Losman's problems may have played a role in Evans developing into a deep threat only, but nonetheless that's his reputation right now.

I wouldn't be crushed to give him a 3 or 4 games to show that he's not one-dimensional before they re-sign him. I'm sure he's not afraid to go over the middle on a consistent basis...but I'd like to see it happen before big money is tied up in a guy that might just be a very, very dynamic #2 receiver.

I would have to agree. Need to see some more of and from Evans: also needs to show up more consistently.

That is not his reputation. You really can't be serious. How many deep balls did he catch last year? He runs great routes and is difficult to cover. He is a No.1 receiver.

KOK,

I am totally with you on this.....the bills extend deals on players that work WITH them not sit out like this.

The more time goes on the more I hope they tell Peters to eat it and sit out. Yes he deserves a raise but this is not how you go about it.

Extend Evans and even Crowell to show how the Bills do business.

Contrary to the recent spin, maybe the Bills already told Peters back in January they would not extend him with 3 years left

With that clear message - what are Peters options to get his point across?

Contrary to the recent spin, maybe the Bills already told Peters back in January they would not extend him with 3 years left

I don't think he has too many right now. Seems the Bills would extend him with 2 years left. That seems to be the way they are trying to do things. It's not like Peters is going to be poor this year at almost $4M. If he comes in and plays to Pro Bowl level, he gets a huge contract next year. I just think he is asking for a new contract too soon.

I'm not sure if he has a lot of options, but it's pretty clear that the route he has chosen clearly isn't working, and essentially his actions equate to trying to teach pig to sing: all it does is frustrate him and piss off the pig.

But hey...the Bills are the ones who keep blowing this. They should cave in and give him what he wants right now. The sooner the better because once they set the precedent, they'll be busy handing out new contracts to ever Tom, Dick or Obie who whines just a little.

I'm very happy to hear progress on the Evans front. It would be nice to avoid breaking up a Moulds/Price type of combo and have a good 4 years of stability at the position. As for Peters, I'd like him to report and would like to see one of those Terrence McGee deals where an extension is signed later in the season but where some of the cap hit will get charged to this year. The would be smooth.

I don't think he has too many right now. Seems the Bills would extend him with 2 years left. That seems to be the way they are trying to do things. It's not like Peters is going to be poor this year at almost $4M. If he comes in and plays to Pro Bowl level, he gets a huge contract next year. I just think he is asking for a new contract too soon.

Either way, $4 million or $8 million a year, the turd doesn't have to worry about the price of gas that he puts in his Bentley or whatever it is his garganjuan tale drives. He should put down the crying towel, get in here to camp, and play until he gets his deal like a man of his word. I get tired of hearing about these RICH dingle berries holding out and crying because they feel underpaid. Go to Jamaica and look at these people who live in cardboard shacks, in the middle of "hurricane alley" no less. Look at the people in Africa whose stomachs are swollen from malnutrition. Look at these people in any of these 3rd world countries and tell me we don't have it good. This tard is sitting on his couch because the deal HE SIGNED for $4 million a year isn't now good enough for his "services". What a "douche nozzle", as our good friend George Carlin would've said :cry:

Either way, $4 million or $8 million a year, the turd doesn't have to worry about the price of gas that he puts in his Bentley or whatever it is his garganjuan tale drives. He should put down the crying towel, get in here to camp, and play until he gets his deal like a man of his word. I get tired of hearing about these RICH dingle berries holding out and crying because they feel underpaid. Go to Jamaica and look at these people who live in cardboard shacks, in the middle of "hurricane alley" no less. Look at the people in Africa whose stomachs are swollen from malnutrition. Look at these people in any of these 3rd world countries and tell me we don't have it good. This tard is sitting on his couch because the deal HE SIGNED for $4 million a year isn't now good enough for his "services". What a "douche nozzle", as our good friend George Carlin would've said :cry:

That pretty much sums it up. Well said! ;)

Here We go with the conspiracy theories again...

Obi is there anything, I mean anything You LIKE about this Team?

You are about the most negative Poster I can remember...And God knows we've had a few over the Years...

You do Your Forum Name absolutely no justice...

It should Be Darth Bills Hater... :cry:

I'm not sure if he has a lot of options, but it's pretty clear that the route he has chosen clearly isn't working, and essentially his actions equate to trying to teach pig to sing: all it does is frustrate him and piss off the pig.

But hey...the Bills are the ones who keep blowing this. They should cave in and give him what he wants right now. The sooner the better because once they set the precedent, they'll be busy handing out new contracts to ever Tom, Dick or Obie who whines just a little.

seemed to work for Butler and Williams

Here We go with the conspiracy theories again...

Obi is there anything, I mean anything You LIKE about this Team?

You are about the most negative Poster I can remember...And God knows we've had a few over the Years...

You do Your Forum Name absolutely no justice...

It should Be Darth Bills Hater... :cry:

I miss DeeRay. ;)

I have no problem with Evans getting a new contract before Peters, though I'd rather see both get done and soon. I would be annoyed though if Crowell got done first, IMO he should be a low priority... see how he looks in a contract year first.

link

With the Peters situation lurking, it would be nice to get some good news on the Evans front.

A few quotes from Evans:

-"They've progressed through summer. Now that we're in camp, it'll heat up a little more. And hopefully, it'll heat up to a position where it can be worked out."

-[the talks are] "more serious than they were before."

-"We're moving in the right direction, which is positive. Both sides are talking. Both sides are positive. That's really good. I am hopeful."

Git'er done, uh...Russ and Ralph and John and Tom and Jim and Dick.

EDIT: And here's a blog post and a quick article from Chris Brown on the subject. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Don't think I've seen this 'in print' anywhere else.

The agent for WR Lee Evans of the Buffalo Bills is using the contract signed by Bernard Berrian as the starting point for a new deal for his client. Evans, who is entering the final year of his contract, wants to exceed the numbers Berrian received from the Vikings – $7 million a year with $16 million in guarantees.

Since there is no source cited, do you suppose that this is just conjecture/common sense?

Ray Edwards remained out Saturday, sidelined with a back injury