Peters may be willing to sit all season

scribo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I can already predict what will happen for all these f*ck Peters type fans. Peters will sit out for the majority of the season, or at least enough games to put us at the bottom of a steep hill to reach the playoffs. And while our LT is being run over and Edwards is being slammed to the turf and criticized for holding the ball to long or making inaccurate throws, everyone on this board is going to start bitching that we didn't draft/sign any OL depth this offseason. Instead of waiting to listen to all that BS, I would rather just have the Bills give Jason more money and put him on the field.

Utter nonsense. While extremely talented, the a-hole is far from irreplaceable. The Bills have something magical going on this year, with or without Jason Peters. A stupid, selfish punk like Peters would be better advised by Fred Jackson than Eugene Parker...

He calls teammates in the off season and is a friend to many serving as a reminder that opportunities are fragile and often fleeting.

“I tell the guys all the time this is the biggest blessing playing in the NFL is the biggest blessing I know I had 9-5 before I got here. It keeps me humble and lets me know where I came from what I am today and it helps me appreciate it a little more.”

Link

I've changed my mind- let Peters sit- when Edwards get injured and season is in JPs hands the nuclear meltdown of this board will be more entertaining than winning football

Yes yes, we are DOOMED without Peters. Are you saying that as long as Peters holds out, Edwards is destined to a season ending injury? It's an incontrovertible certainty? The team is nothing without Peters? Sure hope the other 78 guys working their asses off in camp don't feel that way.

Maybe Edwards goes down due to Peters reporting late, missing half of camp, being out of shape, not knowing the playbook, etc., etc., and missing a key blocking assignment.

If Edwards goes down, I expect JP to step up and play just fine. Again, f*ck Jason Peters.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Like anyone is going to read this as it's what the 1,000th reply. I think his idiot agent gave him the wrong advice and has to keep going with it in order to not look foolish and not admit he was wrong. I don't know much about Peter's personality but something tells me he's being fed sh-- and manipulated.....

Like anyone is going to read this as it's what the 1,000th reply. I think his idiot agent gave him the wrong advice and has to keep going with it in order to not look foolish and not admit he was wrong. I don't know much about Peter's personality but something tells me he's being fed sh-- and manipulated.....

The rich, arrogant boob has already been fined more money than I make in two years. I hate his guts. I say, let him rot and when he shows up grovelling, don't even waive the fines.

Utter nonsense. While extremely talented, the a-hole is far from irreplaceable. The Bills have something magical going on this year, with or without Jason Peters. A stupid, selfish punk like Peters would be better advised by Fred Jackson than Eugene Parker...

Link

Hold on a second....didn't you defend Lynch to the utmost? His brother did it as I remember. I even recall that you referred to Hardy's neighbor as "Gladys Kravitz," the implication being that Hardy was fully innocent, and she had an axe to grind.

Now, why exactly is Peters a "punk?"

If Edwards goes down, I expect JP to step up and play just fine. Again, f*ck Jason Peters.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

OK, now I get it....a backdoor fanboy post! <_<

Yeah, as soon as Losman comes in he can play just fine. He can go back to winning all those games with or without Peters, right? Gotcha. :D

Hold on a second....didn't you defend Lynch to the utmost? His brother did it as I remember. I even recall that you referred to Hardy's neighbor as "Gladys Kravitz," the implication being that Hardy was fully innocent, and she had an axe to grind.

Now, why exactly is Peters a "punk?"

Lynch -- had a traffic accident, listened to his attorney, resolved the issue, not suspended or disciplined by the league, participated in all offseason team activity.

Hardy -- had a family "altercation" of some sort, not accused of any crime or even questioned by police, participated in all offseason team activity and signed contract in time to attend first day of camp.

Peters -- missed end of season because of injury, ignored offseason team activity, now holding out despite being under contract.

Now, tell me why you're discussing these three players as if their situations are similar? Of the three, only Peters has slapped his team and teammates in the face. He needs to grow up and appreciate some of Fred Jackson's perspective.

Lynch -- had a traffic accident, listened to his attorney, resolved the issue, not suspended or disciplined by the league, participated in all offseason team activity.

Hardy -- had a family "altercation" of some sort, not accused of any crime or even questioned by police, participated in all offseason team activity and signed contract in time to attend first day of camp.

Peters -- missed end of season because of injury, ignored offseason team activity, now holding out despite being under contract.

Now, tell me why you're discussing these three players as if their situations are similar? Of the three, only Peters has slapped his team and teammates in the face. He needs to grow up and appreciate some of Fred Jackson's perspective.

Were the other 2 distractions in some way? In any way? I tend to think so if one takes into account that SDS was on the freaking radio talking about it.

Do you also take the position that Peters is a "punk?" Or, is this just more Moonie style tambourine shaking for anything the Bills Brass does?

Were the other 2 distractions in some way? In any way? I tend to think so if one takes into account that SDS was on the freaking radio talking about it.

Do you also take the position that Peters is a "punk?" Or, is this just more Moonie style tambourine shaking for anything the Bills Brass does?

I think 'punk' is quite strong language. But, while Hardy's and Lynch's indiscretions were off-field (Roscoe too btw, his DWI/DUI shouldn't be swept under the rug) and eventually put to the side, since day one of off-season activities Peters has refused to honor the contract he signed - not with the team mind you, but with his teammates; to be at practices and seek to grow and get better with them. How many people on this board railed against Willis (I do not recall) when he would train in Miami?

To me, Peters is not helping his cause by sitting. He won't be negotiated with until he shows up and if he doesn't by the 8th, he can lose the accredited season, keeping him at 3 years on that contract. I want him to play, but to say that because he's our best player the brass just cave is just foolish policy for the team to have. Otherwise, any young player who feels their contract isn't reflective of their status will merely sit and pout until they get their way.

Defensive back conversation aside, I feel the line as it is can be good. It could have become better and still can become better, but Peters must decide at some point how much his inevitable raise matter. He's got the tools as you're well aware Bill - but Jones and Ogden and Pace had already established their excellence yearly while he has only done it once.

OK, now I get it....a backdoor fanboy post! :lol:

Yeah, as soon as Losman comes in he can play just fine. He can go back to winning all those games with or without Peters, right? Gotcha. :D

Bill, your irrational and unjustified hatred of JP Losman is exceeded only by your undying love of glazed crullers. <_<

Bill, your irrational and unjustified hatred of JP Losman is exceeded only by your undying love of glazed crullers. :D

Great. You don't like me. No problem, but as long as we are here, why don't you talk some football once in a while. Unfunny one line quips will only get you so far.

Seriously....do you know much about football?

Great. You don't like me. No problem, but as long as we are here, why don't you talk some football once in a while. Unfunny one line quips will only get you so far.

Seriously....do you know much about football?

And what am I to infer from your 'backdoor fanboy' quip, ya hypocritical freakin' moron?

And what am I to infer from your 'backdoor fanboy' quip, ya hypocritical freakin' moron?

When you talked about JP plaing "just fine" without Peters, what would a rational person make of this? When did JP show anything without Peters on the OL. I'm waiting.....

Your implication that he is just so good that he will do well without the Bills best lineman defies logic, so I commented on it.

Btw, this time it was you who brought up Losman, right?

When you talked about JP plaing "just fine" without Peters, what would a rational person make of this? When did JP show anything without Peters on the OL. I'm waiting.....

Your implication that he is just so good that he will do well without the Bills best lineman defies logic, so I commented on it.

Btw, this time it was you who brought up Losman, right?

You on the hooch again this morning, Bill? You're makin' absolutely zero sense at all. You insult me, then accuse me of not liking you when I respond. FTR, I like you just fine, but please learn to read - I did not bring up Losman, I simply responded to a prior post that invoked his name.

You on the hooch again this morning, Bill? You're makin' absolutely zero sense at all. You insult me, then accuse me of not liking you when I respond. FTR, I like you just fine, but please learn to read - I did not bring up Losman, I simply responded to a prior post that invoked his name.

Since Bill knows so much about football, I think it will be more fun to see if he's right that JP will never be anything but a backup in NFL and that Trent will blossom into something quite good.