Bills trade up trend or 2nd pick trend - interesting scary

On draft day 2008 the Bills tried to trade up with the New York Giants for the 31st pick in the draft but the trade offer was rejected by the Giants (according to a New York newspaper). It would be safe to assume that the player the Bills were looking to trade up for was the top big WR in the draft Devin Thomas. Friday Devin Thomas was carted off the field during training camp on a stretcher

2008 draft 1st pick was Leodis McKelvin

2008 Bills tried to trade up for Devin Thomas. Devin Thomas got injured his rookie year

2008 Bills select James Hardy. Injury status of James Hardy his rookie year is still to be determined

2007 draft 1st pick Marshawn Lynch

2007 draft Bills trade up to get Paul Pozlusny. Paul Pozlusny got injured his rookie year

2006 draft 1st pick Donte Whitner

2006 draft Bills trade up to get John McCargo. John McCargo got injured his rookie year

2005 Bills do not have a have a 1st round pick & select Roscoe Parrish in round 2

2005 draft Bills select Kevin Everett with their 2nd pick( 3rd round).Kevin Everett got injured his rookie year

2004 draft 1st pick was Lee Evans

2004 draft Bills trade up to get J.P. Losman. J.P. Losman got injured his rookie year

in summary

4 out of the last 5 years the Bills have tried to trade up & each of those players involved in the trade up got injured while the 1 st round pick stayed mostly healthy

4 out the last 5 years the Bills 2nd pick in the draft got injured. Status of this years 2nd pick is yet to be determined

Perhaps if the Bills were to trade up in 2009 they should be make sure the trade doesn't go through

On draft day 2008 the Bills tried to trade up with the New York Giants for the 31st pick in the draft but the trade offer was rejected by the Giants (according to a New York newspaper). It would be safe to assume that the player the Bills were looking to trade up for was the top big WR in the draft Devin Thomas. Friday Devin Thomas was carted off the field during training camp on a stretcher

2008 Bills tried to trade up for Devin Thomas. Devin Thomas got injured his rookie year

2008 Bills select James Hardy. Injury status of James Hardy his rookie year is still to be determined

2007 draft Bills trade up to get Paul Pozlusny. Paul Pozlusny got injured his rookie year

2006 draft Bills trade up to get John McCargo. John McCargo got injured his rookie year

2005 Bills do not have a have a 1st round pick & select Roscoe Parrish in round 2

2005 draft Bills select Kevin Everett with their 2nd pick( 3rd round).Kevin Everett got injured his rookie year

2004 draft Bills trade up to get J.P. Losman. J.P. Losman got injured his rookie year

in summary

4 out of the last 5 years the Bills have tried to trade up & each of those players involved in the trade up got injured while the 1 st round pick stayed mostly healthy

4 out the last 5 years the Bills 2nd pick in the draft got injured. Status of this years 2nd pick is yet to be determined

Perhaps if the Bills were to trade up in 2009 they should be make sure the trade doesn't go through

Cue Twilight Zone music.

Interesting coinkydink.

Didn't Parrish break his wrist in training camp, and Donohoe couldn't bring himself to stating that it was actually a break? I could be thinking of someone else, but I remember thinking that it something to do with the durability of the University of Miami players (Everett and Parrish both went out that year). I could be wrong.

First of all, this whole thing rests on the fact you assume it was Devin Thomas, which I could argue all day it wasn't. How you pulled that from nowhere is priceless.

Second, tons of players around the league have injuries, from minor to major, each year. Its not like only the second player we draft has a little injury.

Who said they tried to trade up for Thomas? I am so glad we didn't not get that guy. He is going to suck as an NFL WR.

Especially if he just blew his knee out. He'll suck for this year anyway :thumbsup:

Didn't Parrish break his wrist in training camp, and Donohoe couldn't bring himself to stating that it was actually a break? I could be thinking of someone else, but I remember thinking that it something to do with the durability of the University of Miami players (Everett and Parrish both went out that year). I could be wrong.

Didn't Troy Vincent have a hand in both of those. I think he got tangled up with Everett when he went down with an ACL tear and he was the turd tackled Parrish out of bounds causing him to break his wrist. Glad that guy is gone :thumbsup:

Didn't Troy Vincent have a hand in both of those. I think he got tangled up with Everett when he went down with an ACL tear and he was the turd tackled Parrish out of bounds causing him to break his wrist. Glad that guy is gone :thumbsup:

Don't forget when he cut JP's season short with his late hit out of bounds...

And I'm pretty sure he was the one who tackled and hurt Losman in his first training camp too.

And I'm pretty sure he was the one who tackled and hurt Losman in his first training camp too.

Vincent definitely was the one who broke Losman's leg. IIRC, Everett tore his ACL in the first or second day of the first minicamp/OTAs after the draft, not caused by anyone else.

I don't recall the incident which caused it, but my first ever trip to TC was the day AFTER Parrish went down and wasn't able to play at all for the season - as I recall they didn't put him on IR - the PUP and never moved him off or something like that...

First of all, this whole thing rests on the fact you assume it was Devin Thomas, which I could argue all day it wasn't. How you pulled that from nowhere is priceless.

Second, tons of players around the league have injuries, from minor to major, each year. Its not like only the second player we draft has a little injury.

I'm not sure that they were going after Devin Thomas but he was the top rated receiver in this years draft so it is just an educated guess

Each of the fist picks played 13 or more games in their 1st season. Each of the 2nd picks (this year not included) played 5 games or less

Looks like Malcolm Kelly is ahead of Thomas so far. When you draft two you better get at least one right....I just hope Hardy pans out for us.

Rookie Malcolm Kelly was well ahead of fellow first-year wideout Devin Thomas before Thomas pulled his hamstring in Thursday's practice.

"The first couple of days, Malcolm made some plays," WRs coach Stan Hixon said. "Devin is still coming along." Kelly's soft hands and blocking (which he did lots of at run-first Oklahoma) have stood out. He's made several acrobatic grabs on bombs from Jason Campbell, indicating Kelly's seen quality action with the first team. He has a real chance to start at split end in Week 1. Jul. 25 - 2:57 am et

in summary

Interesting ;)

dude... just to add to your conspiracy or doom theory... Parrish got hurt in training camp ans wasn't activated for at last two months.... and the Bills traded some pix to Dallas to draft JP Losman... we all kno Trou Vincent hit himin trining camp and he was out wieth a broken leg for must of the season.

Don't know where you're going with all this crap.... sh-- happens... all the time. That's the way it is. Do you think there's a curse on the Bills? Should the Bills consider bringing in a witch doctor?

dude... just to add to your conspiracy or doom theory... Parrish got hurt in training camp ans wasn't activated for at last two months.... and the Bills traded some pix to Dallas to draft JP Losman... we all kno Trou Vincent hit himin trining camp and he was out wieth a broken leg for must of the season.

Don't know where you're going with all this crap.... sh-- happens... all the time. That's the way it is. Do you think there's a curse on the Bills? Should the Bills consider bringing in a witch doctor?

I wouldn't say that their is a curse on the Bills but I will certainly say that it is an interesting series of events

He is just pointing out an interesting coincidence. Relax.

I believe Parrish hurt his wrist diving for a pass. Everett was from getting his leg caught on the turf. Vincent did break JP's leg.

And who the Bills were targeting at 31st is anyone's guess. One thing I found interesting though was that the Steelers were going to take Hardy with their 1st pick, until Mendenhall fell into their laps.