Would Any One Have a Problem?

One of the other posts got me thinking. I like JP I think he is a team player, and may still have a chance to be a good player but it wont be in Buffalo. Do you think he can go possibly go to a team in our division and come back to haunt us?

yes...no

Honestly, I would have a problem with Losman going to another team within the division, and not for the simple petty I wouldn't be able to root for him. Let's face it, JP is physically the most talented QB the Bills have had since Kelly (Bledsoe is up for debate). If JP has a coordinator like a Mike Martz who actually understands QB play and how to open up an offense, and JP could be a dangerous QB yet. I don't want to take that chance of him being in the division torching us twice a year.

Yes, if only JP had a Mike Martz.

And a Kurt Warner. And a Marshall Faulk. And a Torry Holt. And an Isaac Bruce. And an Az Akim. And an Orlando Pace.

Hell, if Mike Martz still had those guys he could show you how to open up an offense again. It's been awhile since Martz opened up anything.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, if only JP had a Mike Martz.

And a Kurt Warner. And a Marshall Faulk. And a Torry Holt. And an Isaac Bruce. And an Az Akim. And an Orlando Pace.

Hell, if Mike Martz still had those guys he could show you how to open up an offense again. It's been awhile since Martz opened up anything.

GO BILLS!!!

He did coach a very pass heavy offense last year at detroit where kitna threw for 4000 yards. You think he wouldn't have Losman able to do that? Oh yeah that was also with hardly any running game to speak of.

He did coach a very pass heavy offense last year at detroit where kitna threw for 4000 yards. You think he wouldn't have Losman able to do that? Oh yeah that was also with hardly any running game to speak of.

Good point. Perhaps Martz could get the same level of production out of JP afterall. If Martz so enamored of Kitna he wouldn't want to trade for JP? I know Kitna is a very cerebral QB but with two of the best WRs in the league at your disposal maybe that's not as important.

GO BILLS!!!

What!? Which JP Losman are you referring to? Wasn't this EXACTLY what was happening in Buffalo in 2005 and 2006 when he was as solid as a wet turd?

Um, no. Fairchild had Losman progressing through his reads, looking off safeties, doing a whole bunch of stuff that a standard Bill Parcells QB doesn't ever have to concern himself with. Think Trent Dilfer playing QB for the Ravens when they won the SB. He threw for 152 yards and one TD, but NO INTS. They put in 5-10 pass plays a game. Ran Jamal Lewis the entire time = 45 carries and threw to a TE once in a while just to keep the defense honest. You might see a down field pass every 2nd game. That was nowhere near what Fairchild was trying to run in terms of philosophical approach.

The simple truth is we know Fairchild dumbed down his playbook to Techmo Bowl size. What we don't know is WHY! Was it because he and possibly DJ are so conservative? was it because they didn't trust JP?(if that was the case wtf did they put him out there for?) or, was it like McGahee all over again, they had to keep it to things JP could understand? or possibly a combination of all three? Clearly JP himself even came out and complained about the playbook being restricted, so it's a safe bet that at the very least there was a real passing attack on the books at least.

Who knows? What I do know is that if JP went to the Dolphins, no one would have any illusion of what his role would be. Execute what you are told, no thinking, hand the ball off 40 times, throw to RBs/TEs out of the backfield = the play design says: there is only one guy you are looking to throw to, he's open or he isn't, throw it away if he's covered. Like I said, Frankenstein football.

One of the other posts got me thinking. I like JP I think he is a team player, and may still have a chance to be a good player but it wont be in Buffalo. Do you think he can go possibly go to a team in our division and come back to haunt us?

he won't scare Arena League defenses so i wouldn't have a worry in the world if the Fish or Jets got him.

I don't think either Miami or the Jets are in the market for a journeyman QB to start right now. The Dolphins have Henne and Beck competing for a long term starting position, and the Jets will give up on Pennington and the new guy eventually for a top-round rookie or high-profile trade.

JP's going to end up somewhere as a backup.

I say without reservation that JP is a better qb than Jon Kitna. Kitna gets a lot of benefit of the doubt because he has had some fantasy success, but the guy is more careless with the football than JP, has less pocket awareness, and has a weaker arm.

I say without reservation that JP is a better qb than Jon Kitna. Kitna gets a lot of benefit of the doubt because he has had some fantasy success, but the guy is more careless with the football than JP, has less pocket awareness, and has a weaker arm.

Kitna's a great guy, with a nice story behind him. Unfortunately, he has small hands.

Um, no. Fairchild had Losman progressing through his reads, looking off safeties, doing a whole bunch of stuff that a standard Bill Parcells QB doesn't ever have to concern himself with. Think Trent Dilfer playing QB for the Ravens when they won the SB. He threw for 152 yards and one TD, but NO INTS. They put in 5-10 pass plays a game. Ran Jamal Lewis the entire time = 45 carries and threw to a TE once in a while just to keep the defense honest. You might see a down field pass every 2nd game. That was nowhere near what Fairchild was trying to run in terms of philosophical approach.

The simple truth is we know Fairchild dumbed down his playbook to Techmo Bowl size. What we don't know is WHY! Was it because he and possibly DJ are so conservative? was it because they didn't trust JP?(if that was the case wtf did they put him out there for?) or, was it like McGahee all over again, they had to keep it to things JP could understand? or possibly a combination of all three? Clearly JP himself even came out and complained about the playbook being restricted, so it's a safe bet that at the very least there was a real passing attack on the books at least.

Who knows? What I do know is that if JP went to the Dolphins, no one would have any illusion of what his role would be. Execute what you are told, no thinking, hand the ball off 40 times, throw to RBs/TEs out of the backfield = the play design says: there is only one guy you are looking to throw to, he's open or he isn't, throw it away if he's covered. Like I said, Frankenstein football.

Okay, but under those conditions, NO NFL Quarterback could POSSIBLY fail! And furthermore, JP isn't the kind of quarterback who would be best used just handing it off and dumping to a TE, so I can't see how it would be in HIS best interest either.

And why did SF dumb the playbook down? Honestly, the fact that a rookie QB was able to beat out a 1.5 year starter indicates to me that JP was a bit of a mental midget. How is it that Trent was able to come in and at least LOOK like he got it while JP still looked like he was lost.

The best offensive environment for JP is one that attempts 40-50 passes a game, moves the pocket every other throw, and has set plays which allow him to take off running. And that to me doesn't sound at all like what you're describing.

No offense, but that is absolutely terrible comparison. Would anyone but a Buffalo fan choose Losman over Kitna??? Kitna has started for 3 NFL teams and lsot his job because he had 2 Pro Bowl QBs behind him (Hasselback and Palmer). Losman has lost his job to a journeyman and rookie QB. Additionally, Kitna has been a pro bowler himself and NFL comeback player of the year.

Kitna ain't great but Losman has a lot of work to go to come close to the career JK has had.

has less pocket awareness

Hahaha! Yeah right...like that is even possible. I dread seeing Losman on the field in a Bills uniform this season unless we're up by 30 in the 4th quarter. Kitna isn't better than Losman? Man, that's a good one!

If JP has a coordinator like a Mike Martz who actually understands QB play and how to open up an offense, and JP could be a dangerous QB yet. I don't want to take that chance of him being in the division torching us twice a year.

Are you fuggin kidding?!?! Martz and JP?!? thats got to be the funniest crap I read on here in awhile.

JP is a sack machine, Martz offenses always get the QB killed. Honestly, you couldn't ask for a worse combination of skill sets. Let me guess, you thought this would work because they both like throwing deep? After all JP was "inhibited" with the Bills, but once he's "unleashed" watch out..... Makes sense I guess. That is if the qb had 8 seconds to get rid of it.

I would love to see Losman in our Division. He wouldn't know what the hell to do vs the cover 2.

No offense, but that is absolutely terrible comparison. Would anyone but a Buffalo fan choose Losman over Kitna??? Kitna has started for 3 NFL teams and lsot his job because he had 2 Pro Bowl QBs behind him (Hasselback and Palmer). Losman has lost his job to a journeyman and rookie QB. Additionally, Kitna has been a pro bowler himself and NFL comeback player of the year.

Kitna ain't great but Losman has a lot of work to go to come close to the career JK has had.

Thanks for saving me from typing. Better than Kitna? Yeah.......OK.

Okay, but under those conditions, NO NFL Quarterback could POSSIBLY fail! And furthermore, JP isn't the kind of quarterback who would be best used just handing it off and dumping to a TE, so I can't see how it would be in HIS best interest either.

And why did SF dumb the playbook down? Honestly, the fact that a rookie QB was able to beat out a 1.5 year starter indicates to me that JP was a bit of a mental midget. How is it that Trent was able to come in and at least LOOK like he got it while JP still looked like he was lost.

The best offensive environment for JP is one that attempts 40-50 passes a game, moves the pocket every other throw, and has set plays which allow him to take off running. And that to me doesn't sound at all like what you're describing.

Correct. And this is the one and only reason Trent Dilfer has a SB ring. I saw him play live in Tampa, and he was the epitome of a deer caught in headlights. And when that wasn't happening, he was trying out his "superstar" impression = throwing off his back foot from the sideline towards the middle of the field for INTs.

How can anyone be a mental midget AND throw 40-50 passes a game?(exception that proves the rule: Vince Young does it but he doesn't complete any) If you keep running the same 4-5 plays, because that's all the mental midget can understand, you can expect 5 INTs for every 40 you throw. Most passing plays, not the simple outs and screens, require solid and quick info processing from the QB. He has to see who's open, who's not, and keep track of where the D line and LBs are in order to be effective throwing 40 passes a game. If JP is a mental midget, it's not very likely he's going to be allowed to throw that many passes by any team.

And that's what I what to know: the playcalling was clearly limited by Fairchild...why? Is it because JP is a mental midget or is it because Fairchild was a control freak and/or afraid to make a mistake or was it DJ being too conservative and/or not trusting JP?

If it's true that they didn't trust him, then JP didn't get the chance he deserved, and it's possible he'll start elsewhere.

If it's true that they were to conservative, then JP didn't get the chance he deserved, and it's possible he'll start elsewhere.

If it's true that Fairchild was simply a bad Offensive Coordinator, then JP didn't get the chance he deserved, and it's possible he'll start elsewhere.

If it's true that JP is a mental midget, and the coaches had to adjust the playcalling because of it, then he did get the chance he deserved, got replaced, and it's highly unlikely that he'll ever be anything other than a backup.