Bills fan turns into Pats fan wants back into Bills fandom

Im more then willing to take a fan away from the Pats and turn him into a Bills fan. Whats wrong with that?

make him perform some acts of penance...to prove his loyalty.

I'm sure there are plenty of things he could do

1. publicly burn everything he owns connected with the Pats...jerseys, shirts, hats, other memorabilia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background History:

My friend grew up in Western New York as a Bills fan. His whole family roots for the Bills. Around 1993, he switched to rooting for the Patriots. He says because of Drew Bledsoe. This guy once sat in awe at the same table with Jim Kelly and Andre Reed for a midget football banquet at the Castle Inn in Olean. Now at the age of 26 he wants back into the Bills family. I say no but I want to hear the opinion of fellow Bills fans. Should he be allowed back into Bills fandom or did he sell his soul to the devil?

Its his choice, it doesn't matter what the plebeians say

He can buy whatever jerseys he wants, and season tickets and necessarily watch the ads if he's watching Bills games on TV.

But if we win the Super Bowl in the next few years, he can never say "I was with them all along." In fact, he can never say that. How much credit he gets is how much hardship he has to endure before a championship.

make him perform some acts of penance...to prove his loyalty.

I'm sure there are plenty of things he could do

1. publicly burn everything he owns connected with the Pats...jerseys, shirts, hats, other memorabilia

2. publicly burn every Pats fan he knows
  3. publicly burn ever hair on his pubis
  4. walk backwards from their cheating home stadium to The Ralph - in the winter and in bare feet
  5. buy beer for everyone in The Ralph at the next three home openers

Wouldn't that be kinda like an ex-spouse wanting to "come back" after going off and having kids and a family elsewhere?

As long as she doesn't bring the kids with her. And she lost the baby weight but kept the baby boobies.

Someone who can hop the fence so easily is not a true fan of anyone. He should not be considered a Bills fan. Bledsoe or not, true fans stand by their team through thick and thin, no matter what.

I can honestly say that if Buffalo went 0 and 16 on a season, I would still proudly wear by Bills hat.

Bandwagon jumpers need not apply.

2. publicly burn every Pats fan he knows
  3. publicly burn ever hair on his pubis
  4. walk backwards from their cheating home stadium to The Ralph - in the winter and in bare feet
  5. buy beer for everyone in The Ralph at the next three home openers

I think everyone deserves a second chance. With that said I find your proposal fair and reasonable. He will be let back in when he is done with the above tasks!!! :wallbash:

He cheered for the *s while they were running up the score on us. He was cheering for them even though *ichek is a cheating, lying, dickless scumbag. He stood up and cheered every time *fork or *ison cheap shotted someone. He got his man-panties in a bunch every time *y was hit and cryed for a penalty. He proudly wore the flying elvi logo around and bragged about the *s winning super bowls.

And now that the *s lost in the super bowl, and the luster has come off of the steaming pile from * England, he wants to crawl back to us? No I say, he may wear our jersey, he may cheer for the team, but he will NEVER be a true fan of the Buffalo Bills. Being a Bills fan is a life-long commitment, not something you choose to do when convenient.

I think that said it all.

Gotta go with this logic here. The kid was 11 at the time. Give him a break.

Agreed.

Im more then willing to take a fan away from the Pats and turn him into a Bills fan. Whats wrong with that?

Anything that hurts the Pats* fanbase is a good thing.

Let the kid back in on probationary status until he does something to prove his loyalty to the Bills. Maybe sneaking into the Pats hotel on Dec. 27 and setting off some sort of stink bomb or getting photographic evidence of Brady in a "hotel huddle" with some of his P*ts* teammates.

Background History:

My friend grew up in Western New York as a Bills fan. His whole family roots for the Bills. Around 1993, he switched to rooting for the Patriots. He says because of Drew Bledsoe. This guy once sat in awe at the same table with Jim Kelly and Andre Reed for a midget football banquet at the Castle Inn in Olean. Now at the age of 26 he wants back into the Bills family. I say no but I want to hear the opinion of fellow Bills fans. Should he be allowed back into Bills fandom or did he sell his soul to the devil?

No, Brad should not be allowed to be a Bills fan again.

If the kid truely left due to his boy-crush on bledsoe... then why does he want back now? If he was following his favorite player then shoudn't he have wanted back into bills fandom when we aquired bledsoe? Sounds like he stuck around for the thrills and fake glory of the championships in which the pats won by cheating, and now is trying climb aboard a team on the rise. Not a true bills fan... But I would consider him a possible bills aquaintance.

People, we aren't in a position to be turning away those who would support the team. I've brought a couple of soft-core Pats fans into the Bills fold and we're now Bills buddies.

What are they now, soft core Bills fans? :wallbash:

I'm not looking for recruits. I'd rather have the passion of 100 true blue Bills fans than a 1,000 converts. What's to stop them from their nomadic ways?

Don't let the onetime Pats fan back....don't need nor want him.

A true blue Bills fan could never veer off to another team. I say once a cheater, always a cheater. That said, if this guy wants to drop a bunch of cash into the pot keeping the Bills in Buffalo, tell him to buy as much Bills swag as he can fit into his car.

Not to go all religious on anyone here (never been my style) but, like the prodigal son, we must embrace him and rejoice in his return to the fold. Forgive him for his transgressions. He just may end up being the greatest Bills fan of all time because he knows what it is to veer from the path of rightousness. He has sunk to the depths of evil and it is our solemn duty as Bills fans to cleanse his soul of the foul and putrid stench of that other team.

Perhaps a dip in a stadium urinal as a way of baptismal rebirth is in order.

Can I get an amen from the congregation?

GO BILLS!!!