Season predictions

12- 4 wild card team

We should sweep miami, and the jets imo, should beat the raiders, cards, broncos, chiefs, 9ers, and rams. This leaves us needing to pick up two games from tough opponents. I think we beat the browns at home on monday night, based on an inferior team last year taking the much superior cowboys to the wire at home on monday night due to sheer adreniline. We are improved and at least evenly matched with the browns imo. I also think this is the year we finnaly split with the pats, I see McKelvin staying with moss, McGee on their No 2, and greer handeling welker in the slot, which is usually a mismatch, greer is a great cover guy and size will not hurt him in this match up. That leaves us at 12-4 with losses to the pats, jacksonville, SD, and the inevitable slip game, where we do something that we shouldnt like lose to the jets, in NJ, One home playoff game and then who knows?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12- 4 wild card team

We should sweep miami, and the jets imo, should beat the raiders, cards, broncos, chiefs, 9ers, and rams. This leaves us needing to pick up two games from tough opponents. I think we beat the browns at home on monday night, based on an inferior team last year taking the much superior cowboys to the wire at home on monday night due to sheer adreniline. We are improved and at least evenly matched with the browns imo. I also think this is the year we finnaly split with the pats, I see McKelvin staying with moss, McGee on their No 2, and greer handeling welker in the slot, which is usually a mismatch, greer is a great cover guy and size will not hurt him in this match up. That leaves us at 12-4 with losses to the pats, jacksonville, SD, and the inevitable slip game, where we do something that we shouldnt like lose to the jets, in NJ, One home playoff game and then who knows?

I agree with your post in principle, but you have the Bills beating the Jests twice and losing to them once, but you don't have a prediciton on the home opener against the Seahawks.

I like the Bills going into the bye week at 4-1. And I like their chances comign off a bye to host the Chargers in windy Orchard Park.

I agree with your post in principle, but yuo have the Bills beating the Jests twice and losing to them once, but you don't have a prediciton on the home opener against the Seahawks.

I think the Bills go 11-5.

Oops, sorry i ment to put the seahawks in there. I think we will beat them, and should beat the jets twice, but i want to save one of the games i feel we should definitly win because almost all teams lose at least one game they should win every season, and i could see that being a road game against the jets

12- 4 wild card team

I think we need to get out of the shoots early this year. Every year we dig ourselves this incredible hole & we are just not good enough to get out of it. Got to go 4-1 or 5-1 right off the bat. That will give us a chance. We should be favored against the Seahawk/Raiders at home. If we could win those two & possibly take either the rams or the cardinals game we could be 4-2. My prediction is 11-5.

12- 4 wild card team

So rose tinted Foster Grants' is what the kids are wearing these days? :P

We need to fix one big thing from the past 2 seasons. Starting and finishing very weak. In 2006 and 2007 combined, the bills went 2-10 in the first 3 and last 3 games. That needs ot be fixed. We need to start quickly out of the gate and end the season on a positive note as well.

We need to fix one big thing from the past 2 seasons. Starting and finishing very weak. In 2006 and 2007 combined, the bills went 2-10 in the first 3 and last 3 games. That needs ot be fixed. We need to start quickly out of the gate and end the season on a positive note as well.

Agreed, but we play two tough teams to start and two tough teams to finish this upcoming season. I would be happy with a 2-2 record over those four games.

The positvie of this is that we are loosing close, one or two plays and those early games go our way. Also i think last year a game two loss can be blamed for by the fall out of kevin everette

The positvie of this is that we are loosing close, one or two plays and those early games go our way. Also i think last year a game two loss can be blamed for by the fall out of kevin everette

Our week two loss can be blamed on the fact that our offense was god awful in that game, as JP looked completely scared, clueless and overmatched. And our defense could not get off the field on third down. Basically, after losing to Denver on the last play of the game, the next two weeks we played like the worst team in the league against two very superior opponents at that time.

That being said, I agree it is very important to get off to a very strong start this season. So much of success is built on confidence. If we can beat the Seahawks (which is very possible) and play tough against Jax, (tough place to win, but not impossible) no reason we can not start off 4-1 before the bye, and be looking at 6-2 at the midway point, with games against the Chargers, Fish and Jets to follow after the bye. With that kind of a start, an 11-5 finish is not unrealistic at all. But again, it will all come down to how we start the season, and more specifically how Trent Edwards steps up and plays from the opening whistle. He is the key. We have not had a QB have a very good ENTIRE season since Doug Flutie in 1998. (Bledsoe had a good first half to 2002) If we can finally get some good quarterbacking, we should have a very good chance of making a run at the playoffs. Go Bills.

12- 4 wild card team

Keys to a playoff berth (in no particular order):

1. Stay reasonably healthy. All teams will have their share of injury, but I hope we don't see anything like last season's IR report.

2. Better defense via a better offense - i.e., ball control, keep drives alive, keep the ball out of the opponents hands and keep our D fresh

3. Stronger in second half - make better halftime adjustments in weak areas and don't let the other team do the same.

4. They've got to establish a "killer" mentality. Put 'em away when you have a chance and don't let them back in to the game. (build on the losses of Broncos/Cowboys in '07)

5. Continued progress/maturity of last year's rookies and 2nd year players.

6. James Hardy needs to take heat off of Evans. This could open up the whole offense if he becomes a feared weapon. No more 8 men in the box on defense.

7. 3rd down efficiency - shut 'em down when it's 3rd and long. It was frustrating last year to see them get burned time and time again on 3rd down. Maybe this was the primary reason for drafting McLovin at the # 1 spot.

8. More pressure on opposing QBs (see # 2). Don't give them all day to find a receiver. Create turnovers. (especially against Pats)

9. Win within the division

10. STOP THE RUN!

If they can show improvement in these areas, they should make the playoffs.

Last year they were a less talented team with a tougher schedule and still made it to 7-9, and were only a few seconds away from being a 9-7 team.

With the return of Poz, addition of Mitchell & Stroud, the DBs back, a healthy Kelsay, McCargo and K Williams another year seasoned, continuity of o-line, additions of Hardy and McLovin, reserves with gameday experience, etc., they should be able to improve by 4 wins.

A lot will depend on how Edwards does in his sophomore year. The offense HAS TO improve. If he maintains his composure and proves to be a good field general, we may have an exciting season!

11-5

Not sure if he's in here, but most everyone else is. Enjoy the read.

I couldn't find him in there, but that is a great read and resource. Thanks again, LA, for doing that each year. By the way, I am going to win it this season.

I couldn't find him in there, but that is a great read and resource. Thanks again, LA, for doing that each year. By the way, I am going to win it this season.

Barring major injuries again, that Edwards does not regress like JP did, and now that we don't have Fairchild to blame...... I can see 12-4, and I can see no worse that 10-6

Anything worse and I will consider it a complete failure. (again)

Why? Because I think the Bills will improve more than any of the following:

Seattle, Oakland, St. Louis, Arizona, Cleveland, Kansas, San Francisco, Denver; then 2 x Miami and the N.Y.Jets!

Leaving ONLY Jacksonville, San Diego, and New England as true competition.

I like the way you have laid it out. It would be nice to follow your logic. We could, however, always lose games to teams like the 49ers and Rams, so I am just hoping for a 10-6 season and a wild card slot. It will all depend on Trent and Dick: are they NFL winners or not? It's that simple. My gut says that they are, but time will tell. No reason, with this schedule, that this team loses more than six games. Don't think they'll go much further into the playoffs, however, because they still don't have the receivers to win in the clutch, IMHO.

12- 4 wild card team