Steve Tasker is an officially OFF my list

stevestojan

Listen, I for one do not like when ex-players show favoritism when announcing an game for their old team. But tasker has taken the goal of not sounding like a homer and RUN with it. I swear, you'd think the guy doesnt remember playing here, or the TV show he had here, or the hundreds of thousands of fans he had here. What an absoulte douchebag he sounds like on TV.

If you asked an impartial Jury of fans and/or non fans to watch a Bills game with him announcing, 99% of them would assume that he was either a huge rival of the Bills when he played, or that he was just a huge fan of the OTHER team.

I hope someone brings it to his attention that its OK to at least say one or two positive things without fearing being called a Homer. Man, that's the last time I will be able to watch a game with him in the booth without turning it on MUTE.

Steve, you were one of my favorite Bills of all time - quit being such a prick in the booth.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're a tad bit harsh. He wasn't a complete "anti-homer", but yeah, he definitely wants to make sure he sounds impartial. Was Don Criqui the other guy in the booth? another Buffalo guy. I thought he was a complete boob. Always siding w/ Miami and giving them the benefit of the doubt on marginal calls.

Tasker wanted us to take the wind in the 4th qtr rather than take the ball in the second half. :w00t: He was so matter of fact about it, it was like teams do this all the time. I personally have never seen this done in the NFL other than the Lions taking the wind instead of the ball in overtime which blew up in their faces.

The 3rd qtr was the turning point of the game as we got 10 big points with the wind to take the lead for good.

WTF was he thinking? ;)

Tasker has actually gotten a lot better as a broadcaster. He used to be just awful at it. He does seem to over-compensate with Bills games. No big deal. I know he's still a Bills fan. I'd rather see him improve as a broadcaster than see him kissing the Bills' a** all day.

I admit I hit the MUTE button and tuned in on the radio. I got the homer voices with the TV feed--perfect. BTW, Van Pelt has become the best color man I have ever heard, with strategy, critiques after the play, and other insightful commentary.

I admit I hit the MUTE button and tuned in on the radio. I got the homer voices with the TV feed--perfect. BTW, Van Pelt has become the best color man I have ever heard, with strategy, critiques after the play, and other insightful commentary.

74108[/snapback]

Love Van Pelt on the Sirius radio feed.

Maybe when we give guys like him something positive to say they'll start saying positive things. He was wrong about the fourth and five call, since we got the first down. He was wrong about needing the wind advantage in the fourth quarter. But he's hardly more negative than any other broadcaster who might call our game.

The impartical jury might also seize one other fact: two teams...collectively 0-9. What good stuff were you expecting him to say?

If you really wanted to puke, you should have listened to Collingsworth and Aikman during the Patriots game. You'd think the whole team was giving out blowjobs after the game.

I admit I hit the MUTE button and tuned in on the radio. I got the homer voices

You think that he's bad you should try listening to Mandich and Howard (if you can stomach it theyhave an online radio site) I had to listen to some of the game on the radio after my son's hockey game. The way Mandich and Howard call the game it's like the Dolfelons crap diamonds. Everything they did was 'marvelous' 'miraculous' 'spectacular' and other homer adjectives.

Maybe when we give guys like him something positive to say they'll start saying positive things. He was wrong about the fourth and five call, since we got the first down. He was wrong about needing the wind advantage in the fourth quarter. But he's hardly more negative than any other broadcaster who might call our game.

The impartical jury might also seize one other fact: two teams...collectively 0-9. What good stuff were you expecting him to say?

If you really wanted to puke, you should have listened to Collingsworth and Aikman during the Patriots game. You'd think the whole team was giving out blowjobs after the game.

74112[/snapback]

I have to agree with you on this one - Mandich is a pompous a##hole - and just awful....

stevestojan you can just think what you want. I know that Steve bleeds red, white and blue but being the professional that he is he once told me this.

When I lodged a complaint to him about the broadcasters being antiBills(this was when Steve was playing and had a weekly Bills show) he told me that the fans are TOO SENSITIVE to negativity aimed toward their teams. I will listen to the game WED night. I do not think Steve is the greastest broadcaster but I don't think he is that BAD either.

I do not think Steve is the greastest broadcaster but I don't think he is that BAD either.

74179[/snapback]

Please wait till you listen.

Being a homer sucks. Being so anti-homer that you sound like a dolphins fan sucks even more.

He spent a good 60 seconds ridiculing the Bills for taking the ball in the second half.

stevestojan you can just think what you want. I know that Steve bleeds red, white and blue but being the professional that he is he once told me this.

When I lodged a complaint to him about the broadcasters being antiBills(this was when Steve was playing and had a weekly Bills show) he told me that the fans are TOO SENSITIVE to negativity aimed toward their teams.  I will listen to the game WED night. I do not think Steve is the greastest broadcaster but I don't think he is that BAD either.

74179[/snapback]

When you watch it, keep a little notepad that reads:

Complements towards the Fins:______ Complements towards the Bills:____

Let us (and Steve) know the tally.

74112[/snapback]

Well said.

I don't get the whole Collinsworth thing. This guy has been a pompous windbag since his days at NBC. He's been awful since day one and has not improved. Why he remains employed is beyond me.

Criqui had one good line: "The wind was so fierce coming from the west this morning, that when I went out to get the Buffalo News, the Sacramento Bee was on the doorstep."

Criqui, I believe, has done more NFL games than anyone, after Pat Summerall. His closest competition could be Dick Stockton. He was NBC's number two guy for ages and I think with a seasoned partner, and Tasker is becoming one, he's as good as anyone.

He's getting a little long in the tooth, but he makes up for it with zingers like the one above.

Tasker is still one of the best players we ever had. What he does in the broadcast booth is meaningless and will never change my position.

74244[/snapback]

Agree 100%. 9 times out of 10 I never listen to the audio feed anyways... no big deal to me.