You wouldn't drive away.....

I'm amazed at the holier then thou types on this board right now.

Maybe some of you live in a glass bubble, but the majority of people I've met in my lifetime have driven drunk at least once. Right or Wrong, that’s the way it is. Let's say one of those nights you hit somebody, something that could happen to anyone if they make the choice to get behind the wheel. You will not be getting just a DUI, you will go to Jail. You might go to jail for a long time, your life savings gone when it's all said and done. That or you drive off, maybe call it in on a pay phone.......

Odds are nothing ever happens to you

I might sound selfish, or you might think I'm saying I would drive away. I'm not, I don't know what the hell I would do. What I do know is it's real easy to say I would stop on an internet message board.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to make a similar point in one of the other threads, but essentially got shouted down by all the self-righteous types who purportedly claim "they would always do the right thing", even if it meant turning a friend/relative to the police. There was one individual who said he actually tried to provide information to the police. I certainly have no problem with that. Everyone else was speaking in the hypothetical. As you mention, and as I mentioned in that post in that thread, it's real easy to be critical of someone else, and claim you would do otherwise............on an internet message board.

So far Lynch has done nothing other than follow his attorney's advise to not speak to the police or media. It's been only about 2 weeks since the accident occurred. People here are criticizing him like he's some sort of OJ II. In due time, all of the facts are going to surface and the matter will be resolved.

I'm not, I don't know what the hell I would do. What I do know is it's real easy to say I would stop on an internet message board.

sh-- happens.

A pedestrian was hit.

The evidence is there.

And he (or whoever was driving Marshawn's car) will be held liable.

Life's a B word, huh?

Maybe some of you live in a glass bubble, but the majority of people I've met in my lifetime have driven drunk at least once. Right or Wrong, that’s the way it is. Let's say one of those nights you hit somebody, something that could happen to anyone if they make the choice to get behind the wheel. You will not be getting just a DUI, you will go to Jail. You might go to jail for a long time, your life savings gone when it's all said and done. That or you drive off, maybe call it in on a pay phone.......

I might sound selfish, or you might think I'm saying I would drive away. I'm not, I don't know what the hell I would do. What I do know is it's real easy to say I would stop on an internet message board.

Nobody is being holier than thou, it is the law to not drink and drive, if you hit someone whether DUI or not, the human thing to do is to stop and help, not take off. If you would take off then you are a spineless less than human creep dirtbag. In anyone's books.

Everyone gets bombed from time to time, if you do then take a cab or get a designated driver, it's not that hard.

Nobody is being holier than thou, it is the law to not drink and drive, if you hit someone whether DUI or not, the human thing to do is to stop and help, not take off. If you would take off then you are a spineless less than human creep dirtbag. In anyone's books.

Everyone gets bombed from time to time, if you do then take a cab or get a designated driver, it's not that hard.

But if a relative of yours was the one who did this....woould it be so easy to talk and turn him in?? If you say yes then your full of sh--

sh-- happens.

A pedestrian was hit.

The evidence is there.

And he (or whoever was driving Marshawn's car) will be held liable.

Life's a B word, huh?

you need to get a new set of rose colored glasses before you post anything further on this board <_<

i got a dwi when i was 18,haven had a few beers more than i should on occasion on my harley,but............i would never leave the scene of a accident and if i hit someone i would stay and man up..........i love the bills ,but there is no way in the world i am pulling for marshawn lynch right now.it just shows that in certain situations now you know he is not a man that would do the right thing or make good choices for that matter..........go bills!

It's just a basic human moral to help those who are injured, especially if you are the reason they are injured. Yes, it would be difficult to do the right thing but in life it's much harder to do the right thing than it is to do the wrong things. Your character is defined by how you react to the tough situations.

You will never get this group to admit to anything less than exemplary behavior. Having said that I think it's !@#$ed up to leave the scene of an accident as well and probably would not have. At least I admitted to probably would not.

what if you didn't know that you hit someone?

If you really didn't know then why would you stop?

But whoever was driving Lynch's car exhibited behavior like they knew they hit someone. The eyewitness accounts say the car sped up and then quickly turned down a sidestreet. Like they were trying to be invisible ASAP.

That happened to me although I didn’t hit a pedestrian, I hit another car. Actually, I backed into a car with my dad's van. I heard a loud "crunch" but as I unknowingly backed into the car, the spare tire in the back of the van fell on the metal floor. I honestly thought that was what made the sound. I drove off, driving down OP Road and got pulled over about 5 min later by OP's finest. They cited me for leaving the scene of an accident. Long story short, had a friend who worked for an attorney who got it reduced to a parking ticket albeit 110.00 parking ticket.

No...no I wouldn't drive away. There's way too much bad sh-- going on in the world today, and I'll be damned if I'm going to contribute to it. I'm not hollier than thou...I have morals and could not live with myself if did something like that.

On a separate related note...how the hell do you not know that you ran someone over?! Oh right...if you've been drinking that might work.

I'll never judge someone for making one mistake, but the minute the girl was hit, and that driver accelerated rather than stopped, he and every person in that car can go f*ck themselves.

Then the next day when you hear about it and they are saying it was your vehicle (and there is damage to your vehicle) you go to the police and say holy schitt I didn't know I hit someone. Case closed, that is why they call them accidents.

Your honor....I thought the sound I heard was the rain hitting my car, I couldn't see a thing because it was pitch black out, there are no street lights in downtown Buffalo and a song was playing on my radio that had a bunch of "thumping" bass notes.

Whomever was driving the car is a scumbag and I can guarantee that when they finally talk, the CRAP coming out of their mouth will be very similar to what I stated above.

<_<:flirt:

If you really didn't know then why would you stop?

But whoever was driving Lynch's car exhibited behavior like they knew they hit someone. The eyewitness accounts say the car sped up and then quickly turned down a sidestreet. Like they were trying to be invisible ASAP.

Do you have a link for this? Last I heard, the car didn't slow down or stop, like they didn't know they hit anyone.

This is from the Buffalo News article yesterday, but I think it was moved or is gone now:

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

I'm not hollier than thou...

...<ahem>...

On a separate related note...how the hell do you not know that you ran someone over?! Oh right...if you've been drinking that might work.

I'll never judge someone for making one mistake, but the minute the girl was hit, and that driver accelerated rather than stopped, he and every person in that car can go f*ck themselves.

Thanks for not being "holier than thou"... <_<

That's why it's useless posting topics like this, because the holier than thou types know exactly what they would do. They can put themselves in another's shoes and know 100% exactly what they would do should they be in that situation. And of course, that action is always the morally correct and honorable thing to do no matter what the situation or consequence.

Myself on the other hand, I am a realist. I like to deal with facts, not hypothetical's. If I were out drinking and driving late at night, which I have done many times when I was in my 20's [sarcasm]even though it is morally wrong to be doing that..blah blah blah [/sarcasm], I would probably crap my pants if I accidentally hit someone. I have absolutely no idea what I would do. Part of me would want to stop, but I would be looking at a DWI for sure plus addition charges, might lose my job and embarrass my wife and family. That's a lot to think about in a split second. I can honestly say, I would hope that I would stop. But if I were in that situation, I have no idea what I would do.

For all you posters that jump all over posts like this because you think assumptions are being made, I am NOT saying that ML was drinking in driving, just giving an example!!