Chat Room....

SDS

For those of us no familiar with this new chat program, exactly how do we log in with use of

our nickname?

I used my nickname, "Spiderweb" in the nick space, then typed in what SDS

advised above for password, and it let me in but advised the following:

nexus.webchat.org If this is your nickname, please use /NICK Spiderweb <password>

Where, how? Do I type into the nick field: /NICK Spiderweb ? What's the <password> for

if it is to be entered below in the pass field. Sorry for my ignorance.

Loads quick, but so far, getting in is a pain (to the unfamiliar)..

Help anyone?

For those of us no familiar with this new chat program, exactly how do we log in with use of

our nickname?

nexus.webchat.org If this is your nickname, please use /NICK Spiderweb <password>

Where, how? Do I type into the nick field: /NICK Spiderweb ? What's the <password> for

Help anyone?

I hate to be a pain, but I can't log in either and was wondering what I'm doing wrong? Anyone with a suggestion ?

our nickname?

Help anyone?

Did it log you in as Spider or as a guest? If the former, I'd guess it was just asking you to reconfirm your password, and you do that in the text box.

I hate to be a pain, but I can't log in either and was wondering what I'm doing wrong? Anyone with a suggestion ?

Can't log in at all? More details, please ...

the room is offered through a 3rd party. Your TBD login is not valid. Registering your name with them only has the benefit of someone not posing as you, but you have to login every 3 weeks or the username gets dropped.

Did it log you in as Spider or as a guest? If the former, I'd guess it was just asking you to reconfirm your password, and you do that in the text box.

When I log in, I used "Spiderweb" in the "Nick" field, and then my password (just tested again). It then enters

me into the chat room, but as a "guest". The message:

leaves me perplexed. If I type: "/NICK Spiderweb <xxxxxx>" (with the xxxxx being my password used when

initially tryin to register as Scott advised, I get:

sPiDeRwEb: Password incorrect

Might his mean someone else has "Spiderweb" Nick?

Spider, I'm in the same boat. Just hafta pick another name, or add TBD at the end, something like that ...

Thanks, will give it another go.....

EDIT: added TBD to nick, used same pw, and bingo.....now comes the bad part, I'll definitely forget how to do this come Sept as I'm sure I won't remember to log in every other week or so to keep Nick active...

Thanks again Bluefire and Lori....